Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How fast is the fastracking for nurses?

How fast is the fastracking for nurses?

Old May 19th 2002, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How fast is the fastracking for nurses?

Hi
My hubby is a salesman and I'm a nurse. We applied in May 2001, with myself as the main applicant , under the Skilled Austalian Sponsored category, but despite hearing that nurses are being fastracked, we still haven't heard a thing. Are there any other nurses out there who have got their visas, and how long did it take?
We'd also like to hear from any other families heading to Sydney so our boys Tom 10 and Joe 8 can start making new friends.
Old May 19th 2002, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How fast is the fastracking for nurses?

Hi Sue,
I am also a nurse.
We apllied Oct 2001. I phone DIMA last week and they said that they were up to July 2001 (processing nurses applcns.)
I am in abit of a downer now knowing that you applied in May 2001 and have heard nothing since.

My email address is
[email protected]

Michael visited his cousin in Perth last August. Please email me if you want any info or just to chat.

Shona x
Old May 19th 2002, 10:11 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue and Shona,

I too am a nurse.
Not sent of visa application yet.
Email me if you want to chat.
Sent skills assessment off so far.................
I wonder whether sending application to adelaide will be processed quicker than yours (being london)?
Old May 19th 2002, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife is also a nurse. Although i am the main applicant.
Not sure if this makes any difference? Her application to the ANCI was held up for a while because of a missing document, so we were advised to apply in my name as i had my skill assessment through. Thank you to my agent for that one, if we had waited we would not have met the new points score!!!!
We have just applied. Aprill 17th 2002. We are wondering if the process will be quicker through Adelaide rather then london. Either way we are just happy to have our application in. We too would be interested to hear from any nurses out there who are being fast tracked.
Old May 19th 2002, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My wife, a registered nurse, is the main applicant, we applied Jan 2001, we got notification that our visa's had been granted last week, but I'm not sure if that included some element of fast tracking towards the end.

From what I understand nurses are now being treated in the same way that IT are/were, and I saw that some of their applications were taking less than six months from start to end.

So good luck all,

See you in Aus,

Chris.
Old May 20th 2002, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Well done Chris
If we're 4 months behind you in the queue, that means we should get to know something by September (hope its sooner). When are you heading out to Oz? Have you got jobs lined up? From what I hear nurses shouldn't have a problem on that score!
Old May 20th 2002, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sue,

When are we heading to Aus, Hmm how longs a piece of string? Unfortunately we're dependant on the money we make from the house, so we have to wait till the house sells, it only went on the market last Thursday and we've got our fourth viewing this evening so maybe it wont take too long.

As for jobs, no not yet, we're hoping to have 3 or 4 weeks "off" when we get there, so we'll look and apply then.

Chris.
Old May 21st 2002, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just got news from our agent (who has contacts at AHC) that London have been working overtime the last couple of weekends, so they've now looked at everything lodged in 2000. He suspects some of the overtime that was to be used to fast track nurses has been used to clear the 2000 backlog instead. He says they're now looking at cases lodged in January 2001, so there's no point us sitting by the letterbox just yet! Maybe it would be quicker to resubmit to Adelaide......................