Old May 17th 2006, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

emilov is on a distinguished road
Default GOT CO & Request for Medicals

Hi
I just got a CO

How can this be?!
My acknowledgement was on 13.12.2005.
I'm 136 non MODL. I expected to get a CO in about 2-3 months.

Oh well, I got lucky I guess
Maybe because my wife and I are a simple case (<30 years old, no children, 125 points etc.)

Anyway, I have a few questions.

I front loaded our police clearances (I thought then it had to be done) so I only got a request for medicals. Let's say the PCs' date is Dec. 1st 2005. If they are valid for a year, does that mean that should I get the visa, I'll have to arrive 01.12.2006 the latest? I mean if I got the visa 3 months before that it should be ok but still it would be nice to have more time.

Should I ask my CO if she wants me to do the PCs again (a pain in the ass, my wife is Bulgarian)?

Regards,
Emil

PS. My first post so be gentle
Old May 17th 2006, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOT CO & Request for Medicals

Originally Posted by emilov
Hi
I just got a CO

How can this be?!

Maybe because my wife and I are a simple case (<30 years old, no children, 125 points etc.)

I front loaded our police clearances (I thought then it had to be done) so I only got a request for medicals. Let's say the PCs' date is Dec. 1st 2005. If they are valid for a year, does that mean that should I get the visa, I'll have to arrive 01.12.2006 the latest? I mean if I got the visa 3 months before that it should be ok but still it would be nice to have more time.

Should I ask my CO if she wants me to do the PCs again (a pain in the ass, my wife is Bulgarian)?

Regards,
Emil

Yes, you will have to validate by 1st Decmber 2006.

It's up to you on whether you get your PC's done again or not. It depends on when you are wanting to go. If you decide to get them re-done, then just e-mail your CO and let her know that you are getting new ones and she will wait for them.

COngrats on getting this far
Old May 17th 2006, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WendyC
Yes, you will have to validate by 1st Decmber 2006.

It's up to you on whether you get your PC's done again or not. It depends on when you are wanting to go. If you decide to get them re-done, then just e-mail your CO and let her know that you are getting new ones and she will wait for them.

COngrats on getting this far
WOW that was fast
Thanx a lot for the info.
Old May 17th 2006, 8:55 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

congrats mate!!!

jan xx
Old May 17th 2006, 11:08 am
Yes yes yes brissy bound!

The Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really nice

Originally Posted by robos
congrats mate!!!

jan xx

Cheers for that! You lucky devil! It is great to hear they are moving though!
Ours was acknowledgeded end of October again Non MODL, we was advised in April by our agent, it would be another 4-8 weeks before we heard anything!

Gona give her a ring right now to chase this up!!!
Old May 17th 2006, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

johnnyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Quinns
Ours was acknowledgeded end of October again Non MODL, we was advised in April by our agent, it would be another 4-8 weeks before we heard anything!

I'm on a similar timeline as you and I got allocated a C/O today so you'll probably be next.

Good Luck
Old May 17th 2006, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Things are moving now next stop ...visa!!
Old May 17th 2006, 6:11 pm
Loving Perth!

TheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant future
Smile Re: GOT CO & Request for Medicals

Congratulations!! By the way, any idea what region you are in?

Gives us all waiting a glimmer of hope!
Old May 17th 2006, 6:34 pm

The Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
I'm on a similar timeline as you and I got allocated a C/O today so you'll probably be next.

Good Luck
Thanks Johnnyboy!
Rang our agent this afternoon and she advised not heard anything yet!
I have been the patient one up to now, hubby has driven me nuts! But I'm even gettin itchy feet now and just want to get things moving!
If one more person says 'thought you was going to Oz'........................
Old May 17th 2006, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Quinns

No specific region, my exact visa type is:
Skilled Independent (Class BN, Subclass 136)

My CO is from region 3 though.

Hope this helps,
Emil
Old May 18th 2006, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

birchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by emilov
Hi
I just got a CO

How can this be?!

Regards,
Emil

we are also on a similar time line to you, going for our meds today at 11.40, I,ve put my best underpants on just in case, you never know it might be a female Doctor police checks in the post, we are hoping to be in oz for christmas but we do have a house to sell and the dogs to sort, it will be interesting to see if we get our visas at the same time.

steve
Old May 18th 2006, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheHallidays
Congratulations!! By the way, any idea what region you are in?

Gives us all waiting a glimmer of hope!
congrats , that is quick, bet you have a visa in the next week

hallidays, apparently the region thing is isignificant now since the new changes came into effect.
Old May 18th 2006, 4:30 pm
Loving Perth!

TheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant future
Smile Re: GOT CO & Request for Medicals

Originally Posted by debbiemc
congrats , that is quick, bet you have a visa in the next week

hallidays, apparently the region thing is isignificant now since the new changes came into effect.
Hi debbiemc - sorry, what were the new changes? Quite new to all this!
Old May 18th 2006, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheHallidays
Hi debbiemc - sorry, what were the new changes? Quite new to all this!

i'm not quite sure to be honest, but if you take a look at the immi forum, george lombard put a thread up about time lines etc. my agent told me the region thing didnt matter now.

good luck with everything

debbie
Old May 19th 2006, 6:40 pm

Well how bizarre!
Received e-mail from agent today and a CO has been assigned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That phone call must have done something then!
A liddle step further!