Got it!

Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Got it!

Got the e-mail from our Mig. Agent today saying we have been granted our PR Visas.
He's sending the letter on so that we can send our passports to Australia House for evidencing.

Booked the flights tonight to validate - 2 weeks in Melbourne, staying with my cousin who is our sponsor and 3 days in Singapore on the way back just for good measure!

All paid for by credit card.

Cadman.

Last edited by cadman; Jan 12th 2004 at 9:58 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

najo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got it!

Originally posted by cadman
Got the e-mail from our Mig. Agent today saying we have been granted our PR Visas.
He's sending the letter on so that we can send our passports to Australia House for evidencing.

Booked the flights tonight to validate - 2 weeks in Melbourne, staying with my cousin who is our sponsor and 3 days in Singapore on the way back just for good measure!

Cadman.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! you must be sooooooo happy!
Old Jan 12th 2004, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Haktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant future

Cadman.
Hi There

Did you use your cousins as sponsors only or applied for any other type of visa??

Cheers
Old Jan 12th 2004, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

I think it was sub-class 139 - Skilled Sponsored Designated Area
Old Jan 12th 2004, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think it was sub-class 139 - Skilled Sponsored Designated Area.

Basically means you have to pass the skills and medicals but not the "points test" as such, place an Assurance of Support Bond and your sponsor has to live in a Designated Area.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and good luck!!!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Hi there Cadman
Can't find your app on timeline and I've just applied on same visa as you - 139 - just wondering what you're timescales were and if you encountered any problems.

Cheers
Jayne
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by JayneS
Hi there Cadman
Can't find your app on timeline and I've just applied on same visa as you - 139 - just wondering what you're timescales were and if you encountered any problems.

Cheers
Jayne
Began getting references etc. in January/Feb, sent off police clearance request.
Got PCC with date of 22nd April 2004, sent all stuff off.
Was advised that most of my references were no good May/June.
Got a load of them re-done and re-sent off.
Skills approved in August I think.

Application actually went in 12th September.

Did medicals on 9th November (before they were requested).

Got pre grant letter dated around 11th December.

Sponsor lodged Assurance of Support Bond 23rd December, sent proof to Agent.
Completed form 1022 sent to Agent (around 20th Dec.)

Everything went to DIMIA on 5th Jan.

Got e-mail from agent on Monday this week (12th) advising we had our visas and that they were sending the original letter from DIMIA advising to send passports to London for evidencing.

The hardest part was the skills stuff but other than that it's just been the waiting (I know ! we are in a fortunate position and don't have to wait that long compared to others).

I do however have to wait 4 years while my wife trains as a Nurse before we actually move to Oz permanently and have had to shell out for a very expensive 2 week trip to Oz next month for 5 people despite having shelled out £2200 for the A of S Bond last month a week before Xmas. (and I don't get paid while I'm off work!)

But hey, can't wait! 2 weeks in MB and 3 nights in Singapore on the way back (what the hell it's only money!!!)
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:04 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Cadman.
Congratulations.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by cinderella
Congratulations.

and the same to you I believe!

let us know what Brisbane/QLD is like cos that's where we're planning to go when we go for good.

(validation trip to Melbourne = free bed & board at sponsor's house!)
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:30 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

and the same to you I believe!

let us know what Brisbane/QLD is like cos that's where we're planning to go when we go for good.

(validation trip to Melbourne = free bed & board at sponsor's house!)

Dead chuffed forya mate,

Brissy is the best place on earth !...in my opinion

for a nice chilling day out pop to wellington point, watch the para surfas wotever they r called..... or skank a mate up and nip to grenbank rsl for a game of pokeys.

Steve + Debs
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Thanks very much for that!
It's took me ages to get all the skills and references etc together too. In fact I started this a year ago and have just got my final application in to DIMIA. Here's hoping mine only takes 3 or 4 months. I hear people's 139's taking a year for one reason or another even though it's supposed to be fasttracked and I've had problem after problem with tax assessments etc.
Oh well, will just have to wait and see!!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:50 am
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Cadman.
Many congratulations Cadman, good luck for the future and enjoy your trip
Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Really pleased you. Cant wait for ours.

There will be no validation trip for us, my partner already has a job to go to and the kids are raring to go.
As soon as our visa arrives we will be off!!