Reload this Page >

Got It!!! 15th July 2004

Got It!!! 15th July 2004

Old Jul 18th 2004, 1:14 am
I never gave up trying

gunnercaz is on a distinguished road
Default Got It!!! 15th July 2004

Skilled Independant 136 Visa -:
Been in Eire working for 2 weeks...15th July gets a call from twin sis whilst staying at a travel-lodge in Cork - ""your yellow envelope has arrived and you have to be in my 26th May 2005" and that was it..went all quiet on me?? I was jumping up and down in my roon shouting ya f***king whooooo!!! Then got my senses together and asked her if she was okay??
Back to England for mum and dad's surprise ruby wedding party and down to Corby irish Centre the next day on Friday - kept quiet all evening but could feel the tears whilst doing my duet with my father of 'Fairy Tale of New York'(The Pogues) - Dad were cuddling me not realising that the visa had arrived - Oh God how hard this will be!
Morning after and tell them both together - Silence from dad and tears from mum and after initial standing there and getting no response from dad(sighing heavy) then just silence, then retrieving my mum from kitchen hugs and tears of joy were all round!
Back in Derby tonight and fly out to Tralee for another week away with work.
Why was I getting emotional about leaving britain all of a sudden - En route to parents bash on Frid afternoon - Traveling from Derby to Northampton I hit heavy rain and a trail of traffic jams - not too many jams in Adelaide!!
Funny still feeling numb..shocked about it all?? Anybody else get/got that feeling??
Plan to got to Adelaide and stay with family as I'm on me own but hope to get work and fly furniture from house over as an incentive to find my own place...still got a house to sell and everything else....No agent used and was on the min 115 points to pass at time of application.
Big thank you to everyone on here for advice and support - I would have been lost without you guys! To those waiting...hang in there...your day will come guys!

AustTimeline-:
Positive Skills Assesment - July 2003
Skill Indp Application acknowleg - 3rd Nov 2003
Medicals/Police clear requested - 16th April 2004
Medical done on - 26th May 2004
Visa grant letter arrived - 15th July 2004
Old Jul 18th 2004, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

leejo is on a distinguished road

Well done on getting the visa!! You've done the hard work now... telling your parents! My parents were the same, they are happy for you, but sad for themselves as its hard to let go. But once you are in Oz, you will realise they are only a flight away and cheap emails and phonecalls make a world of difference!!
All the best in your new venture!!!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 1:43 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by leejo
Well done on getting the visa!! You've done the hard work now... telling your parents! My parents were the same, they are happy for you, but sad for themselves as its hard to let go. But once you are in Oz, you will realise they are only a flight away and cheap emails and phonecalls make a world of difference!!
All the best in your new venture!!!
well done when you hoping to go?
Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:55 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!!!!!
Hows the hangover this morning then!?!?!?

have you noticed there are an awful lot of folks leaving this neck of the woods lately?????

when do you intend to go Caz??

sue
ps...do they have a ladies footy team where you are hoping to settle!?

Old Jul 18th 2004, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations and good luck!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 10:40 am
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Congratulations!!!!!!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Congratulations and well done.

Hope it all works out well for you.

Wish there weren't so many people getting to Adelaide before me though - hope all the nice little 2 bed houses in the Adelaide Hills aren't all gone when I get there!

Old Jul 18th 2004, 11:07 am
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

We too got our visas on 15th and were in Cork !!!!!! if we had known we could have had a few beers together in celebration.

Were off to Brisbane 25th August

Congrats !

irishmolly.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 1:07 pm
I never gave up trying

gunnercaz is on a distinguished road

No idea when I shall be going as I have a house to sell..furniture to sort, get rid of and store and sort out the cat, etc.
It makes more difficult as I'm away from home working and doing the whole thing on my own....but hey I'm sure I will manage!
As long as I'm in by 26th May 2004 to validate the visa and as long as I sell the house.

May join a ladies footy team called Adelaide Sensation, but not played footy for a while so they'll probably laugh when the see me and my belly turn up for a footy trail...ha ha!

Congrats to yourself irish molly on getting your visa. I'm working on the irish greyhound stadiums and the one in cork were going t*ts up, but I wanted to go home for my parents ruby wedding party and celebrate! Do not go there for the next week as their retail epos system were playing up and will prob go down on ya as your go to pay for your food or drink!

Off to Tralee tonight but I think a couple of extra of the black stuff is needed to celebrate as I'm still on cloud nine!

Best wishes to all those still waiting...hang in there - congratulations to all whos have received their visa! I shall drink a toast to you all tonight! Caz xx

Last edited by gunnercaz; Jul 18th 2004 at 1:11 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got It!!! 15th July 2004

Congratulations Gunnercaz
lots of mixed emotions aren't there? We were granted on July 14th, sent passports to agent in London yesterday, should have them visas in within 10 days, then we will book our flights! Hope to fly on Sept. 7th! Leaving party booked for 13th August, going to keep my dark glasses on all night!
best of luck to you
Rach, Mark and Chanelle xxx
Old Jul 18th 2004, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of
Default Re: Got It!!! 15th July 2004

Well done - best of luck for the future!

Nikki.x.