Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gorgon Project Update

Gorgon Project Update

Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

bizkitgto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gorgon Project Update

How's the natural gas situation going on out West, still lot's of growth going on?
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bizkitgto
How's the natural gas situation going on out West, still lot's of growth going on?
Gorgon are on the last recruitment drive then it's just Wheatstone for Chevron. Woodside are not looking just now and inpex will be looking soon but you have QGC, ConocoPhillips and Santos on the East coast but you would have to live in Gladstone.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 6:22 am
Just Joined

AusManCometh is on a distinguished road

60% through the execution phase at present, first gas target end 2014.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Gladstone.... Just tragic....
Old Jun 15th 2013, 1:36 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
Gladstone.... Just tragic....
I've lived there and I prefer it to Perth !
Old Jun 16th 2013, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

I'm currently there...

and.. my contract is finishing and will be looking for new work.. which i suspect means Perth again..
ah well.. saddle up the wife and kids and start packing..
Old Jun 16th 2013, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kelli28
I've lived there and I prefer it to Perth !
In what respect?
Old Jun 29th 2013, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

bizkitgto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeepSix
I'm currently there...

and.. my contract is finishing and will be looking for new work.. which i suspect means Perth again..
ah well.. saddle up the wife and kids and start packing..
Are there any signs work in Perth is slowing down? Steady growth until 2020?
Old Jun 30th 2013, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Dont know about Perth at this stage. The reference was to Gladstone as there was a bit of humour going on about it

As it stands though.. looks like i will be staying put as another project here in sunny Gladstone ( read fluro hell ) has offered me a new role...which is a last minute develpment.

but it has me on project wages for another year or two.. so musnt grumble
Old Jun 30th 2013, 4:52 am
Just Joined

browneyed is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

My brother is a qualified welder/boilermaker and has made numerous enquiries in person and online to the agents but gets knocked back. So its good to know that there are jobs going.

Does anyone have any tips on how he can get thro to the next step in securing (at least) an interview for the project. He's been looking for jobs for a while now in Perth. Ideally he wants to work on the trains/railways etc.

Any tips would be great.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Best tip would be to get into one of the smaller companies that support the larger ones for the construction. He should go around Kwinanna and Henderson looking to see which Fab shops are making things for the projects. They often send teams out to install the equipment after fabrication. Not sure about the rail projects though.

Keel

Originally Posted by browneyed
Hi

My brother is a qualified welder/boilermaker and has made numerous enquiries in person and online to the agents but gets knocked back. So its good to know that there are jobs going.

Does anyone have any tips on how he can get thro to the next step in securing (at least) an interview for the project. He's been looking for jobs for a while now in Perth. Ideally he wants to work on the trains/railways etc.

Any tips would be great.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

The work is slowing down fast in Perth. I was recently working for one of the big companies in the city but got finished up about 2 months ago due to the slowdown in work. A lot of others from the office will be going in the next month or so. And yet that same company announced this week that it's opening an office in Glasgow to help with the work but they promise this will not effect the Perth staff.

Keel

Old Jun 30th 2013, 5:22 am
Just Joined

browneyed is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that information.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

been here 4 weeks now and been applying asking around for 2 of them weeks and hardly any reply back,and any that did say things are slow,i know it was 10 years ago i was traveling here and got the same job 4 months later and was always getting calls for work,now i have moved my family over here im wondering if i did the right thing,i have worked a lot offshore back in the uk giving up a job i was on offshore after being there 2 years with possible more years on that,and hardly been out of work back in the uk,things i think have changed here and im now wondering if i made a huge mistake in coming over here,I thought oil and gad industry was booming here then why am i sitting here looking for work?I know i would get work next day back home,im a pipefitter just incase anyone asks.Hope things get better as i would hate to consider going back to uk which would be a costly mistake for me.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Bonnie Scotland is just really niceBonnie Scotland is just really niceBonnie Scotland is just really niceBonnie Scotland is just really niceBonnie Scotland is just really niceBonnie Scotland is just really niceBonnie Scotland is just really niceBonnie Scotland is just really nice

There maybe troubles ahead,
there maybe layoffs
and pay offs
and long lies in bed

Sorry probarbly didnt help....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.