Reload this Page >

The goodbyes are very hard

The goodbyes are very hard

Old Dec 16th 2004, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

noosawannabees is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The goodbyes are very hard

Originally Posted by PJK
We are setting off for Perth on the 5th January and we have started to say our goodbyes and my God it is hard.

However nothing prepared me for how sad I would feel at seeing the kids finish up at school yesterday. The cards, speeches, flowers, hugs and kisses, the tears even from young men usually frowning and getting angry on the Rugby field. Both my wife and I are heartbroken for our two elder daughters 12 & 14 so I can only imagine how bad they must feel.

If I had known how hard it was going to be it might have put a spanner in the works!

Am I normal or am I just being too sentimental

Would be great to hear of similar experiences just to make us feel better that we are not the only ones and that we are normal

Thanks in anticipation

PJK
I Don't think you are being silly it is really hard to say goodbye I know how you feel I have just come home from my last day at work I have worked in a nursery for nine years and made some great friends and had loads of laughs.It is strange how you never know how much people care for you till i'ts time to say goodbye.I feel really sad to leave but I also feel very excited about our future, people keep saying that I am so brave and how they couldn't do it.Many of them haven't been to Australia so they don't know how great it is and why it is worth all the heartache.Of all the ones who have been there have all said they wish they could migrate there.We are also leaving U.K on jan 05th,but we are going to Noosa area.Don't be so hard on yourselves you have an exciting time ahead,and your emotions will no doubt be up and down.Have a great christmas,and hold on to your dreams ,many people have big dream but they don't all follow them.Yes you are definately normal to be feeling like this.

Love Nicola (anoosawannabee)
Old Dec 16th 2004, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

probeyj is an unknown quantity at this point

We are heading off to Perth July 2005, know how you feel, I am so worried about kids starting new schools in oz and am not looking forward to saying my goodbyes!

My mum and sister both live in oz now and said it was hard leaving at first bu they are happy and would never come back to uk to liven now.

Old Dec 17th 2004, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

wezzer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PJK
We are setting off for Perth on the 5th January and we have started to say our goodbyes and my God it is hard.

However nothing prepared me for how sad I would feel at seeing the kids finish up at school yesterday. The cards, speeches, flowers, hugs and kisses, the tears even from young men usually frowning and getting angry on the Rugby field. Both my wife and I are heartbroken for our two elder daughters 12 & 14 so I can only imagine how bad they must feel.

If I had known how hard it was going to be it might have put a spanner in the works!

Would be great to hear of similar experiences just to make us feel better that we are not the only ones and that we are normal

Thanks in anticipation

PJK
must agree with every one its hard to say good- bye.
and time i hope makes it feel better.we have been in sydney 4 months and this is our first christmas away from family,and friends. and we too are feeling very sentimental but for the uk.its funny you cant wait to get over to oz then next you cant stop thinking of home.
and when i go back for a holiday after chrissy i will i think be thinking of oz . funny world we live in
Old Dec 18th 2004, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

caz41 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PJK

Thanks in anticipation

PJK
Hi

We have just arrived in Melbourne, and have just been through what you are feeling, we made the mistake of having people come to the airport to say goodbye it was heartbreaking, but now we are here it has been worth it. We have phoned home a couple of times and that has helped, but once you are here you are caught up in the excitement of it all, of course there will be sad times, and we have had a few, but just remember what set you off on this journey in the first place.

Good luck to you and enjoy it.

Caz
Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

carojey is a jewel in the roughcarojey is a jewel in the roughcarojey is a jewel in the roughcarojey is a jewel in the roughcarojey is a jewel in the rough

We are leaving on the 8th Jan to Brisbane and are still in denial I think; but I am absolutely dreading the proper Goodbyes - everyone's posts here are nearly making me cry as it is! Good luck to you!
Caroline
Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:34 pm
PJK
Forum Regular

PJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant future

Thanks to all whom contributed to this thread I feel slightly better at knowing it is all a normal reaction because at one stage I thought I did not have the bottle to carry it through. It is the kids I feel for because they are walking around as if someone has died in their life.

Best of luck to everyone our time has come (well shippers on Monday and us 5th Jan). Incidentally we are with Thai from LHR via BKK to Perth on the 9.30 PM flight and arrive in Perth on the 7th to look for a rental property 10km north or south of the Swan river if possible

Happy Christmas to everyone

PJK
Old Dec 18th 2004, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

chrisp6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck PJR!
See you in Perth nxt year!
Chris
Originally Posted by PJK
Thanks to all whom contributed to this thread I feel slightly better at knowing it is all a normal reaction because at one stage I thought I did not have the bottle to carry it through. It is the kids I feel for because they are walking around as if someone has died in their life.

Best of luck to everyone our time has come (well shippers on Monday and us 5th Jan). Incidentally we are with Thai from LHR via BKK to Perth on the 9.30 PM flight and arrive in Perth on the 7th to look for a rental property 10km north or south of the Swan river if possible

Happy Christmas to everyone

PJK
Old Dec 19th 2004, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Willow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PJK

Thanks in anticipation

PJK

hi PJK well im out to perth in feb but my other half is already out there now that good by was a heart rencher we said our good bye's then when me and our son leaves we have to say our good bye's to freinds and family saying good bye to my dad i will find the worse but most my family already saving to come visit us as long as thay all dont invade at same time but i cant wait and nor can our 12 year old son to be reunited once more

i wish you all the best and good luck willow
Old Dec 19th 2004, 10:01 am
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no I feel for you so much. Me and my wife moved here a year ago and we have had some difficult times and some good.

There is no comfort here when you arrive in the heat and are greeted by the world's friendliest flies! And that's before you turn on the the TV or should I say 'turn on the adverts'!

But leaving, no that ain't easy. It is my mother's 77th birthday today and I am not there in the UK - it is difficult even after the first few days bexcause anniversaries come and go still back home.

Good luck! My heart goes with you...