goodbyes

Old Jul 10th 2006, 6:35 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: goodbyes

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
thanks for that, it cheered me up a bit.and your right, they all have their lives to live.

sj
maybe it sounds a little blunt, but at the end of the day, we (all on this forum) have all chosen a new path to follow, and we all realise that we are leaving family and friends behind.

We are all going somewhere where everybody else dreams of. If it is perfect, that is something we all need to find out for ourselves, but we are following our dream.

I have dreamt of moving to Oz for years. My dream is nearly fulfilled. Is it what I have always hoped for ? I don't know.

But I started this challenge with the support of my family, and that is what is most important.

Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:18 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: goodbyes

I definitely think there is nothing worse than saying your goodbyes at the airport. The place is usually full and when you get to departures you are surrounded by lots of other people all doing the same as you, saying goodbye with tears in their eyes. Its so impersonal. Then you have to stand in the security line with red eyes. We said our goodbyes at home before we left, much better, had time for a proper cuddle and chat. Sat on the plane and cried for half an hour mind you but no one saw that, so I was ok.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:55 pm
Merc Tech

REGGIE has a spectacular aura aboutREGGIE has a spectacular aura aboutREGGIE has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: goodbyes

Originally Posted by loopyloo2
our parents had arranged a total surprise party for us on saturday night and i have to say it is probably the hardest thing i have ever had to do in my life. as we sold our house 2 months ago we have been living with my parents which is even tougher because unfortunately my father idolises us. every time i look at my father at the moment i find him crying, which is the most heart wrenching thing to watch. he does however want us to go which perhaps is the only reason that i can actually go through with it.

even as i am writing this me and my daughter are in tears.

how do people cope with all the upset that immigration causes when its time to say goodbye.

we are flying out next wednesday and my mum and dad are taking us up, how do you stop yourself from turning around and going back home.

any advise on this would be greatly appreciated, i am not having second thoughts about oz, my only problem is leaving my mum and dad and although i have made many good friends, i will more than likely be forgotten in a couple of months time, which does make it easier.

regards
louise
Hi Louise we received our visas a couple of weeks ago and know what your going through. It all becomes reality when you start thinking of saying good bye. But why say goodbye we brought both sets of parents a laptop and a web cam with mics so they can see and hear us when we move to oz hopefully in sept/oct time. Once we get settled in we are inviting them over and will try to help with the cost of the flights, they are excited because they only dreamt of going to australia but now it will be possible.
best of luck for the future and hope this helps. Ian