Goodbyes

Old Jun 24th 2004, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goodbyes

I've just had to say my hardest goodbye today......to my best friend. It's days like today that make you wonder if this is the right decision!!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Goodbyes

Originally posted by Gryff
I've just had to say my hardest goodbye today......to my best friend. It's days like today that make you wonder if this is the right decision!!
Oh Gryff, I reckon that this must be the worst part. I saw a post of TinaJ who is now on the Sunny Coast and she said that the goodbyes were the worst bit Dont worry you will be fine.

I know how hard it is though - we have another couple of months before we go and I am geeting sad already
Old Jun 24th 2004, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough

Gryff, hopefully some words of comfort for you......
if your best friend thinks as much about you as you do about them then they will want you to have the time of your life and will wish you every happiness in your future life.

I know if my best friend was going then thats exactly the stuff I would be saying to them.

Chin up sweety, you are only 24 hours away from them
Old Jun 24th 2004, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Debsy and TP....will go to bed now and rest my puffy eyes...ready for tomorrow!!!!!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 10:58 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Empathise totally with this. Going out to my family and yet better half (at mo) is more excited. I worry when it comes to him leaving best mates of 35 Yrs (especially his best mate) he will crumble.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 11:51 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

awe sweetie, chin up babes, all will be fine, of course u r makimg the right decision, your mate will always be there for you no matter where in the world you are

Love and Hugs
Heather
xxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jun 25th 2004, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by biggy
awe sweetie, chin up babes, all will be fine, of course u r makimg the right decision, your mate will always be there for you no matter where in the world you are

Love and Hugs
Heather
xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Heather.....puffy eyes had just got better til I read these posts now I want to cry again.....lol...must get a grip, got my works party tonight and puffy eyes are not a good look!

Lisa xxxxxx
Old Jun 25th 2004, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by biggy
....your mate will always be there for you no matter where in the world you are.......
ditto to that

Old Jun 25th 2004, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Never say never...
You never know when they will be just around the corner / coming for a holiday etc. Make sure you both write/ e-mail / phone, you will have so much exciting stuff to tell them. We have some friends in their 70s, who worked in Africa in their youth. Whenever we go round their shelves are full of postcards, photos and little gifts. They're in touch with so many old friends and never forget our birthdays etc. Your best mate will always have a special place... but there will be new friends and opportunities too.
Take care
Larissa
PS I'm a firm believer in having a darn good cry