Goodbye Skippys

Old Jun 7th 2005, 2:12 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Goodbye Skippys

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Do you remember a user that, at about Christmas time last year, spent a lot of time trying to get us to give to charity????
I remember - Sherkhan66 - he used to make rude and inflammatory remarks, and then used to cry like a little kid if someone answered back.

Reminds me of someone else...

A.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Tula is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HUP
That would be me . Its been moderated now though. The site is possibly the slowest flakiest forum site I've ever seen. Great moderation Tula. Hope you don't get too lonely over there .
How did I get into this one!.

However lets get a few things sorted, You are right I doubt if this is the correct forum people like Sludger and Gease, I would have thought that you can leave home but still respect your Mum. Our trivia has been going 3 weeks or so, it is a charitable organisation and most of the people it is aimed at, have jobs.

However it has had some advertising on this thread as they say there is no such thing as bad advertising. So give it a little more abbreviated slagging and hip hop jive and some old washer women bitching.

I would like to hear what real the English think! Are we out of date or only out of date to you lot.

Last edited by Tula; Jun 8th 2005 at 1:41 am.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 1:48 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tula
I would like to hear what real the English think! Are we out of date or only out of date to you lot.
Gave up looking as it was SOOOOO slow. Kept giving SQL errors.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 3:36 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean by, "real English" Tula?
Do you mean, people who have the same opinions as yourself?

95% of members who post on this site are British born.
The threads you and your, "St George" cronies have been posting on, ie, Trafalgar thread, various, "Skippy" threads, and the Aussie Rules one that you resurrected have had many replies from regular BE members.

I can tell you for a fact that none of the replies on these threads have come from , "Australian" posters. Some, like my own, were from Scot's. Most were from English members.

Sludger, Gease, & yourself have been responsible for most of the aggressive posts in these threads as well.....

"AFL is crap"....
"Go to another forum to discuss AFL"....
"Why are you lot not doing anything for Trafalgar Day"....

And they are some of the less abusive ones!

What is the problem with you guys?
If some British born people want to eat, sleep, and breathe, AFL, who are you to say otherwise?
As I said to you on another thread, it was British Expats who devised Australian Rules Football!

If some British born people don't want to commemorate a 200 year old English sea battle against France, it's up to them.

As for the St George thing, if your little select group of xenophobes have found a brilliant excuse for a piss up once a year.... Knock yourselves out!
I hope you all have a good time.

Just don't come on to this site and attempt to ram your opinions down everyone else's throat!
A little Austrian bloke tried that in the 1930s & 40s, and look where it got him.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

So you compare us asking if anyone is celebrating Trafalgar Day with having some resemblance with the Nazis of Germany, my God you are weird. I believe that requires an apology!!

What I meant is the English, (should have said British) in the UK who actually live there. What they are celebrating.

The thread which I believe started this was "Is anyone celebrating Trafalgar Day".

How you get to Hitler out of that I don't know. If the British in Britain can get a word in edge ways, and the housewives give them a chance, confirm their apathy then I know that we are pushing a dead cause, but until we know that, I still do not believe you and the majority of responses on this site are a true reflection of British sentiment.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:11 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

i live in england. didn't know trafalgar day existed until you came on here. very patriotic, but no, wont be celebrating trafalgar day. from i have found out, it is only so big this year because it is (ithink i have remembered the amount right) the 200 anniversary.

Did you celebrate it last year?
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louise4
i live in england. didn't know trafalgar day existed until you came on here. very patriotic, but no, wont be celebrating trafalgar day. from i have found out, it is only so big this year because it is (ithink i have remembered the amount right) the 200 anniversary.

No its only being celebrated this year as you quite rightly said its the 200th, the 199th doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
We know there is a major celebration there as we were contacted by people in the UK who asked if we are doing something in Australia as well.

My Mum lives in Kent.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise4

PMSL! I can't believe the argument over Trafalgar Day is still running. This thread is too funny
Whats next Morris Dancing Wars???
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:28 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

No its only being celebrated this year as you quite rightly said its the 200th, the 199th doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
We know there is a major celebration there as we were contacted by people in the UK who asked if we are doing something in Australia as well.

My Mum lives in Kent.
So why give people a hard time if they aren't celebrating it in Oz, they probably don't know anything about it. and probably don't care, if it was not part of thier lives before they left, why should it be now?
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:29 am
forever hopeful

Originally Posted by Un-Co
PMSL! I can't believe the argument over Trafalgar Day is still running. This thread is too funny
Whats next Morris Dancing Wars???

I can shake my stick better than you can shake yours
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:32 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

So you compare us asking if anyone is celebrating Trafalgar Day with having some resemblance with the Nazis of Germany, my God you are weird. I believe that requires an apology!!
I think you'll find that I used an analogy, not a comparison.
In case you don't know what an analogy is, it's a similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.

No apology necessary then, as the analogy was based on certain people forcing their opinions on others.

Stop being so jumpy.

Now.... What about the other questions I asked you?
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:34 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

What I meant is the English, (should have said British) in the UK who actually live there. What they are celebrating.

The thread which I believe started this was "Is anyone celebrating Trafalgar Day".

How you get to Hitler out of that I don't know. If the British in Britain can get a word in edge ways, and the housewives give them a chance, confirm their apathy then I know that we are pushing a dead cause, but until we know that, I still do not believe you and the majority of responses on this site are a true reflection of British sentiment.
One of the threads was titled with "no skippies", there was no mention of 200 anniversary and sludger was calling us sad bastards. Non of you have apologised for your silly behaviour and constant plugging here so do not expect one back.