I know, it seems bizarre to me...!
Glad it is not me being vague :scared:

Hope you are OK at the moment?

Kind thoughts and karma on their way!

M

Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:04 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goodbye Skippys

I was until I saw what some numbnut has posted on my "Sad news about..." thread.

Honestly, some people are just sick....
Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:09 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by bridiej
I was until I saw what some numbnut has posted on my "Sad news about..." thread.

Honestly, some people are just sick....
I was about to respond to Don's terrible and insensitive comments but it looks like the Mods have closed it. Don you should be ashamed of yourself.

M

Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:12 pm

Yes, I asked them to close it as it was too upsetting.

Ah well, takes all sorts I guess, just glad I've found lots of caring people on this forum who've made it easier to deal with.

Anyway, back to the subject, it is kind of strange that here in the UK we're quick to celebrate St Patricks day and not St George's. In fact I have trouble remembering when St G's day is yet St P's is pretty easy to remember.

Very odd.................
Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:21 pm
Merlot

Yes, I asked them to close it as it was too upsetting.

Ah well, takes all sorts I guess, just glad I've found lots of caring people on this forum who've made it easier to deal with.

Anyway, back to the subject, it is kind of strange that here in the UK we're quick to celebrate St Patricks day and not St George's. In fact I have trouble remembering when St G's day is yet St P's is pretty easy to remember.

Very odd.................
Same here.

M

Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:27 pm

I also find it strange that Oz have a public (got to stop calling them "bank") holiday for the Queen's birthday!

We dont..!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:34 pm
Merlot

I also find it strange that Oz have a public (got to stop calling them "bank") holiday for the Queen's birthday!

We dont..!
I think we celebrated the Queens Birthday when I lived in Hong Kong, maybe a throw back from the Colonial days.

M

Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:00 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

We dont..!

And I think its this weekend coming up in Vic anyway, woohooo long weekend, good old Lizzy.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
And I think its this weekend coming up in Vic anyway, woohooo long weekend, good old Lizzy.
Tis in Qld as well, sod Trafalgar, lets get on with cheering Lizzy1
Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:27 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Tis in Qld as well, sod Trafalgar, lets get on with cheering Lizzy1

Now Now, you are loving these trafalgar day threads. I can tell.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:12 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Baffled

What is this all about and what have we supposed to have done wrong?
:
This might shed some light (or fog) on it Merlot

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306929

. you will be
Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:16 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sludger
There are very few non Australians here so I think I am flogging a dead horse, I have got better things to do and will not be returning. There seems to be a lot of Melbourne aussie rules supporters and very little else.
Hoo roo mate
If anyone genuine English people want to contact me please check out our website:

http://www.saintgeorgesday.com.au
Or alternatively sludge, you could always look http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Last edited by hevs; Jun 7th 2005 at 6:18 am.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:16 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just ask why it is that people who say they are "leaving the forum" always feel the need to start a new thread expressing their desire to leave.

Why can't you just leave already?

And shut up about it while you're doing it.

Sorry. I'm not in Australia, so I'll butt out now.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well they are keeping me amused! Which is what I need at present, as I have a boss having a Grumpy Bear Day, and a totally insane HR Dept which has just issued a form for all staff to fill in for the new staff directory.
I mean, what sort of Govt Dept issues a Directory listing the following details about their staff.......

Favourite Fictional Character
Favourite Song
Favourite Movie
and Real Life Hero

.....I begin to wonder whether I am working in a nuthouse!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:19 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well they are keeping me amused! Which is what I need at present, as I have a boss having a Grumpy Bear Day, and a totally insane HR Dept which has just issued a form for all staff to fill in for the new staff directory.
I mean, what sort of Govt Dept issues a Directory listing the following details about their staff.......

Favourite Fictional Character
Favourite Song
Favourite Movie
and Real Life Hero
Please tell me you're joking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.