Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Goodbye from me; thanks: pals; sorry: enemies.

Wikiposts

Goodbye from me; thanks: pals; sorry: enemies.

Old Mar 25th 2004, 7:31 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Don't pack up and go Don, some of your posts are very funny, and you're a fellow penguin lover. And I know its been said already but you did apologise, and that takes guts.

I think a few other people should be less judgemental though - yes, the majority of people who are overweight (like me) probably do eat the wrong stuff and exercise too little (like me), for a variety of reasons. But there are a lot of people out there who would love to lose weight but can't, for purely medical reasons. So before anyone makes a sweeping statement about people who are fat eat too much, they should remember that every case is different.
I eat low fat. low cholesterol stuff.........have the odd
go swimming 4 times a week,do 50 sit ups a day....and run around after 2 kiddies........................went for a FULL medical....am 100% fit.....can run around like the best of them although get two black eyes lol

And I am 16 stone....................and ya know what I dont give a shit.......what people think, or say....I am ME!!! and if people dont like it then they can F-Off hehe

Oh and BIG GURLS have much more fun

Now I have sed my piece..........just one more thing.........FFS lets end this thread............things were said, apologies accepted............so let it DROP!!!!!:lecture:
Old Mar 25th 2004, 7:34 pm
WBB

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=219597

Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:20 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goodbye from me; thanks: pals; sorry: enemies.

Originally posted by kaz101
Don,

To make it quits do you want to post a picture of yourself and we can be rude/ joke at your expense And no posting pictures of any gorgeous hunks either (unless you are one!)

Now is everybody friends again?

Karen
Oh, all right, I won't go then.

I'll just impose temporary silence on myself as penance.

Once again, sorry Karen for being rude and unpleasant to you.

I'll reluctantly post a picture of myself tonight (as per your request) when I'm back at my home PC so that you can all rip the piss out of me and maybe that will be punishment enough. Start thinking of horrible comments you can make about my athletic tanned bod from 2 weeks ago in Thailand.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:47 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yey Don is back
Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:50 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Why not use one of your other pseudonyms....shouldn't be a problem for an experienced doppleganger like you pf....
Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

moose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Oh, all right, I won't go then.

I'll just impose temporary silence on myself as penance.

Once again, sorry Karen for being rude and unpleasant to you.

I'll reluctantly post a picture of myself tonight (as per your request) when I'm back at my home PC so that you can all rip the piss out of me and maybe that will be punishment enough. Start thinking of horrible comments you can make about my athletic tanned bod from 2 weeks ago in Thailand.
So glad to see you've come to your senses Don, don't let the comments of a few pompous self righteous people on here deprive the rest of us of a well informed and articulate poster like yourself.As has been said, you apologised for your comments, and rightly so, but lately this forum has become nothing but a springboard for whingeing and backstabbing. No wonder they call us "whingeing poms" the Australians/NZ'ers must read these posts with a sense of foreboding as to who they are letting in.Hate to get pompous about this myself, but as the saying goes " Let him who is without sin cast the first stone!" And before anyone takes a pop at me no I am not in the least bit religous just a little tired of reading people snipe at each other on a site that is supposed to offer support and information to those of us who greatly appreciate the inpt of people like yourself Don .
Right, I feel much better having got that off my chest, rant over Moose
Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:55 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chippy
Why not use one of your other pseudonyms....shouldn't be a problem for an experienced doppleganger like you pf....
We want WILF.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:10 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel a group hug coming on!
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:17 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chippy

what do you mean chippy
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:37 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sky
what do you mean chippy
I was always open and upfront about the fact that I used to post under the name newstartNZ but changed to pleasancefamily after I had to hang my head in shame after (ahem! ) a couple of rude posts.

But I wasn't Wilf. :lecture:

Spending 2.5 hours in this internet caff in a downtown shopping centre with nice music and an apple pie while my car gets a service...ADSL connection, pretty good, about GBP1.30 an hour though.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I was always open and upfront about the fact that I used to post under the name newstartNZ but changed to pleasancefamily after I had to hang my head in shame after (ahem! ) a couple of rude posts.

But I wasn't Wilf. :lecture:

Spending 2.5 hours in this internet caff in a downtown shopping centre with nice music and an apple pie while my car gets a service...ADSL connection, pretty good, about GBP1.30 an hour though.
Nice to see you bakc Don - Change the avatar though!
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:30 pm
sky
Banned

Yea it is a bit scarey doesnt suit you at all
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Guess I shouldn't mention the bumper sticker I saw last weekend

Fat Chicks - shoot 'em, don't root 'em.

Now before anyone jumps down my throat I am also in the position of needing to lose a few kilos and come from a family or lard arses. I know I need to lose the weight which I gained because of "emotional issues" and basically not really giving a toss. That said I had my cholesterol checked last week and it is excellent (4.9) and have perfect blood pressure.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:22 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

All you "Sir Lard-a-lots" out there should lighten up a bit (if you'll pardon the expression).

Most YFB's that I know take it in their stride and even rip the piss out of themselves. What's the big deal?

Following a recent departure from my greek god-like attributes, I've developed a very slight beer gut (sitting here too much) to wit my youngest daughter has started calling me 'pregnant man!'....But I'm not bothered about it...much.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:55 am
Phoenixuk2oz

I seem to have upset too many people with an over-exuberant post.

We can't all be perfect and I'm certainly not. Bit of booze and I might be prone to an OTT or stupid joke or two, not everybody gets it though to her credit kaz (the butt of the jokey posts) did and offered no malice, only repartee unlike certain others. Maybe it wasn't even very funny but at least kaz didn't over-react.

Well, time to be leaving, anyway.

Thanks a lot to my pals and I'll miss you!

A lot of credit is due to ptlabs for his intelligence and moderate moderating.

To my enemies: sorry I pissed you off, dudes. Maybe in another life I'll be more perfect.

Good luck to all who aspire to live and work in Australia and New Zealand.

In the meantime:
Good to hear you are back Don

I personally believed you were out of order in your remarks to Karen however it takes a big man to apologise .........and an even bigger man to face up to it

And for wot its worth........I'm glad you've decided to come back. You would have been missed

Welcome back big bloke

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.