Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Goodbye from me; thanks: pals; sorry: enemies.

Wikiposts

Goodbye from me; thanks: pals; sorry: enemies.

Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by WBB
anyone got a link to the juicy bits?

jeez what did i miss?

Just a guess you understand, but I think it may be this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=218434

sandy
Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:51 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Sounds to me like a storm in a teacup. Lots of people jumping on the bandwagon, both pro and con.

Don, if Kaz is overweight it's HER problem. She's an adult, (I was going to say that she's a big girl, but thought that might be jumped on ), and so is responsible for her own weight / health. Leave her be.

As Don has apologised, and Kaz has accepted, let that be an end to it. After 2646 posts, Don's done a LOT more good on this forum than bad, and that should be taken into account.

So, all those with an axe to grind, go grind it elsewhere.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Well said DUP

Come Don come back............
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:07 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Don,

Ive only just read the thread about Kaz, I must say it seemed out of character for you. I guess its your decision to leave, personally I think what you said was nasty & ignorant, but certainly no worse than things that get said on here all the time & the people who say them dont even bother to apologise. At least you have the guts to do that & I dont see why you have to leave.

Oh & I know that lots of people have already jumped down your throat but maybe you could do some reading about the problem? As for the comment fobbing off glandular problems, Hashimotos disease, look it up, an auto-immune disease where a persons auto-immune system attacks their own body, its not pleasant (no pun intended). You really dont know the reason for anyones weight problem & shouldnt comment, but I guess you have already found that out after reading that thread .

Good luck with your plans to return to NZ & have fun in Europe while you are there.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:59 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goodbye from me; thanks: pals; sorry: enemies.

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
I seem to have upset too many people with an over-exuberant post.

We can't all be perfect and I'm certainly not. Bit of booze and I might be prone to an OTT or stupid joke or two, not everybody gets it though to her credit kaz (the butt of the jokey posts) did and offered no malice, only repartee unlike certain others. Maybe it wasn't even very funny but at least kaz didn't over-react.

Well, time to be leaving, anyway.

Thanks a lot to my pals and I'll miss you!

A lot of credit is due to ptlabs for his intelligence and moderate moderating.

To my enemies: sorry I pissed you off, dudes. Maybe in another life I'll be more perfect.

Good luck to all who aspire to live and work in Australia and New Zealand.

In the meantime:

Don
An apology for the hurtful comments was all that was required.
If it was as you said a joke, it was in bad taste. Comments that you made in your post can destroy lesser people.
A vicious post deserved a vicious retort.
I for one would not like to see you leave the forum your posts are normally informative and humorous.
A line should be drawn under this unfortunate episode.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:12 am
WBB

another argument on the forum, thats all.

if everyone resigned after getting a bit hot under the collar there would not be many of us left.

Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

We can't all be perfect and I'm certainly not. Bit of booze and I might be prone to an OTT or stupid joke or two, not everybody gets it though to her credit kaz (the butt of the jokey posts) did and offered no malice, only repartee unlike certain others. Maybe it wasn't even very funny but at least kaz didn't over-react.

Well, time to be leaving, anyway.

Thanks a lot to my pals and I'll miss you!

A lot of credit is due to ptlabs for his intelligence and moderate moderating.

To my enemies: sorry I pissed you off, dudes. Maybe in another life I'll be more perfect.

Good luck to all who aspire to live and work in Australia and New Zealand.

In the meantime:
hey Kaz, to all them who cant take a joke, BOLLOCKS.

im getting really pissed off with those on this site who think they can rule over everyone else.

If your posts were out of order then the moderators would have done something about them

if you pissed off some sad bastard who needs to get a life then so what

nobody's perfect in this world, youve probably got 100 mates on ere for every sad get u pissed off so why give up

sod em, they're a waste of space anyway, its not for them to drive you away.

If anyone else agrees with the sad bastards then ignore this post, if not then keep it alive.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought you were just making fun of all the fat arses out there tbh. A guy I work with only hits up size 12-16 so theres hope for all the ladies
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Don... i think it says great htings about you that you have the balls to come on here and applogise. I even made a thread about htis going way back...most people rarely if ever appologise on here for being nasty or making a mistake. We all do it from time to time, as we are human. But in my opinion saying sorry and meaning it is good enugh reason to forgive anyone.

I would like to appologise to you for the things i said. I was very angry at what you said to Karen. I'm not now, so i hope you accept my appologies too.

Maybe this is a good yardstick for others to remeber that when we get angry and say nasty things, it doenst always mean a never ending bitter feud...if you are adult enough you can sort it out.

Please dont go Donald....
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:16 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps WILF may return????
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

It seems to have sorted itself out now so don't ditch us Don. we'll miss the stories of the little chimps.

Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:25 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by HUP
Perhaps WILF may return????
I loved Wilf.....at first he was a twit, but he mellowed with time and i enjoyed reading his posts and having a bit of banter.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:35 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

hope you'll still visit us on the other site though Don, keep us up to date with stuff
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:41 pm
WBB

Originally posted by sky
hope you'll still visit us on the other site though Don, keep us up to date with stuff
he will be back here within a few days/weeks.

Old Mar 25th 2004, 1:17 pm
Badge

Default Exercise - expert BM comments ;-)

There have been quite a few weight threads recently (see the pizza thread) and leaving aside the insults and actual people, BP is right when he says human beings are geared to a level of fitness that only a tiny majority achieve - if they're not otherwise ruining their active lifestyles by drinking too much eg many manual workers are fit and strong with a beer belly.

I read years ago that we are designed to do a constant level of daily activity - looking for food, firewood etc, with the occasional sprint away from wild animals!! I often don't exercise for the best part of a week but because I conditioned myself alot from 14-22 I have a natural fitness that I never seem to lose (apart from a yard of pace - but speed is probably the first thing you lose as you go in to your 30s). I lose weight if I don't exercise!!

The other biggie is that kids don't exercise enough between, say, 10-15 when they are doing most of their development. Although no overtraining. One of my jobs was a PT instructor, so I got used to gauging and gauging people's fitness and body types, and it never ceases to amaze me how little muscle development kids these days have. They're either fat and stocky, or skinny with no bulk. Its a shame that models need to look like this these days as it is not very healthy. Very few have good natural power to weight ratios, upper body strength, any great stamina, and I've observed that training in adulthood does little as it is too late.

Bring back 'proper' PT and gymnastics I would say then bring in team sports off the back of that. Ditch the fatty food is a small part. IMHO exercise is everything - I can eat all sorts of crap buts its the exercise that seems to do the trick. Also many people exercise in terms of jogging around the block having a yarn, swiming 4 lengths head out of water, you need to elevate your heart rate to 80pc of max for sustained periods say 30mins.

It doesn't need to hurt, but it needs to really wack you out. Eg for me personally, I need to run a mile in just over 5 mins, or 5 miles in just over 30mins is the kind of effort I need to do. Or go slower, with a weight of 10-15kg. OK so its not World Record, or even county class, but its enough to make me sweat.

Of course there are medical conditions as MrsD says. 100kg and 5 7 on a woman is dangerous. 'Bigger 6ft plus rugby internationals are that weight and most of it is muscle bulk. (Most of the Wallaby backline is this size). So Kaz, good on ya for losing some already.

BM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.