British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Goodbye from me; thanks: pals; sorry: enemies. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/goodbye-me%3B-thanks-pals%3B-sorry-enemies-219786/)

Don Mar 25th 2004 5:19 pm

Goodbye from me; thanks: pals; sorry: enemies.

I seem to have upset too many people with an over-exuberant post.

We can't all be perfect and I'm certainly not. Bit of booze and I might be prone to an OTT or stupid joke or two, not everybody gets it though to her credit kaz (the butt of the jokey posts) did and offered no malice, only repartee unlike certain others. Maybe it wasn't even very funny but at least kaz didn't over-react.

Well, time to be leaving, anyway.

Thanks a lot to my pals and I'll miss you!

A lot of credit is due to ptlabs for his intelligence and moderate moderating. :cool:

To my enemies: sorry I pissed you off, dudes. Maybe in another life I'll be more perfect.

Good luck to all who aspire to live and work in Australia and New Zealand. :)

In the meantime: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Billabong Mar 25th 2004 5:23 pm

Good luck to you Don.

Hope it works out well for you all.

I for one will miss your sense of humour:) :)

biggy Mar 25th 2004 5:25 pm

Re: Goodbye from me; thanks: pals; sorry: enemies.

Originally posted by pleasancefamily

We can't all be perfect and I'm certainly not. Bit of booze and I might be prone to an OTT or stupid joke or two, not everybody gets it though to her credit kaz (the butt of the jokey posts) did and offered no malice, only repartee unlike certain others. Maybe it wasn't even very funny but at least kaz didn't over-react.

A lot of credit is due to ptlabs for his intelligence and moderate moderating. :cool:

To my enemies: sorry I pissed you off, dudes. Maybe in another life I'll be more perfect.

:beer:
Nobody is perfect mate!!!!! well at least I have never met anybody who is...............Good Luck in whatever u do

anya4oz Mar 25th 2004 5:29 pm

Damn! Just when the fair Karen and I had decided to find some way to share your favors out between our two ample selves. :( :(

However will we live without you?? :(

Anya.

debsy Mar 25th 2004 5:59 pm

Don
Goodbye mate - seems like you have done a good job into changing your personality to Mr Unpleasance!!

I am sure that you did not mean those words - I expect that you wrote them when you had been on the booze. I dont see it is a reason for you to leave as you have always been a useful poster on the forum and have given me personally lots of good advice.

Good luck anyway. Take care. Why not just say sorry and carry on?

sky Mar 25th 2004 6:37 pm

Bye Don :(

footie chick Mar 25th 2004 6:39 pm

Bye for now Don

footie chick

seang Mar 25th 2004 6:41 pm

Good on you - at least you had the decency to make an apology.Cant remember anybody else making one lately after posting OTT or in some cases posting absolute s*** and doing so consistently

Dont make a big thing of it -you went a bit far in a tread -you have said sorry- your past posts dont point to a troll/flamer mentality-keep posting!

And you were right Kaz was very decent in her responses to your "words"

nosuchluck Mar 25th 2004 6:42 pm

Be a shame to see you go Don, but i wish you all the very best
with regards
Rach :beer:

Jack The Lad Mar 25th 2004 6:43 pm

Sure you cant stay?

Come on you know you want to :)

Dont go :)

dotty Mar 25th 2004 7:18 pm

Gawd what did you do??:D

Its getting a bit naughty on here, some people are allowed to insult, threaten, abuse, hijack to their hearts content. But others are kept in check for pretty tame behaviour. I would not have thought Don was someone the site would benefit without.

Only time you offended me was when you thought Dotty was my name and I was a 90 year old lady :D

Oh well, all the best to you and the chimps, good luck:)

Sandy.l Mar 25th 2004 7:33 pm

Originally posted by dotty

Only time you offended me was when you thought Dotty was my name and I was a 90 year old lady :D

There's no info to the contrary on your profile!!
:D :D :D

sandy;)

dotty Mar 25th 2004 7:44 pm

Originally posted by Sandy.l
There's no info to the contrary on your profile!!
:D :D :D

sandy;)
OK I am 90
:D

Dotty was a phrase a northern pommie mate who lived out here used, from her gran, stuff would drive her dotty, so if one of us girls were peed off we would be a "Dotty". Thought of changing it but I think that would be a bit like changing PommieBastard so I guess I am stuck with it :D

WBB Mar 25th 2004 8:12 pm

anyone got a link to the juicy bits?

jeez what did i miss?

:beer:

bondipom Mar 25th 2004 8:19 pm

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=218434