goodbye

Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

malpjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default goodbye

hi all.
after a great deal of thought we have decided that we will not be applying for a visa to move to australia.i have sought the opinions of yourselves on various subjects and have to admit that most of you were correct in saying that the odds were not in our favour.
although i haven't been a member very long i have enjoyed reading your posts and replying to some of them.best wishes and good luck to everyone wether staying here or moving abroad,even kong
thank god we've got christmas coming to stop us getting too depressed about not going,bye
Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:23 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: goodbye

Originally Posted by malpjc
hi all.
after a great deal of thought we have decided that we will not be applying for a visa to move to australia.i have sought the opinions of yourselves on various subjects and have to admit that most of you were correct in saying that the odds were not in our favour.
although i haven't been a member very long i have enjoyed reading your posts and replying to some of them.best wishes and good luck to everyone wether staying here or moving abroad,even kong
thank god we've got christmas coming to stop us getting too depressed about not going,bye (

Hi malpjc,

You have obviously thought very hard before coming to your decision, at the end of the day you know what is right for you.

Hope all goes well for you and yours in the future.

Deb
Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:28 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

hi malpjc. We all make decisions, some bigger than others. and some are totally different than originally planned. I joined this forum a while back intent on going to Oz. I am a Brit but have been in the states since my childhood. I have always wanted to go back home to UK, but was scared as I kept hearing how its changed and too expensive and crime etc...etc. So I set my sites on Oz. but after being a part of this forum, I kept drifting over to to 'back to UK' side. It kept making me well up at the thought of my homeland. you soon realize that any move will be hard, and there are problems everywhere. you have to follow your own heart because we all have our own story. now, after changing my mind and deciding to go back home, things are falling in to place. have job offer from family and offers of help finding a home. this forum is a great help to me, all kinds of helpful information. not to mention the wonderful amount of support. If things have made you decide to stay home, then there is probably a good reason. but remember the advice of some of the returning expats. look around you. Britain is not so bad... no , I'd say a wonderful land with wonderful people. We Brits are luckier than we know. I hope your spirits will lift and you will find happiness around you. Good luck!!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:43 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malpjc
hi all.
thank god we've got christmas coming to stop us getting too depressed about not going,bye
Hi there

You ended your goodbye with unhappy smilies...........????

You can never take an opinion on this forum as a definte, we are good/bad/indifferent, as any debate should be?

I think what I am trying to say is that if you make a decision...go/stay/leave and come back or whatever ....make sure it is a decision you are happy/contented with personally.

Reading back over my time here on the forum I have been up and down, and I am hardly an advocate of coming to Aus in some peoples eyes, but we are still here and doing very well. I like this forum when the debate gets going but always remember it is individual views you hear from and even if the stats show 20/30/40 or even 70% return....that can make for a very happy lot that remain?

I wish you well in your future...be happy in what you choose.

Regards
Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi there Malpjc

Good luck in whatever you do choose to do. I'm sure it won't be long before something else just as exciting but more achievable comes your way.

Lindsey
xx
Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:50 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Remember, everything happens for a reason.

Don't dwell on it too long but take the positives from the experience.

All the very best to you and your family Mal.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=malpjc]hi all.
thank god we've got christmas coming to stop us getting too depressed about not going,bye QUOTE]

You dont sound happy about the decision? so why not do one vital thing you missed, Take the trip to Australia and see yourself if its for you. People on forums can be very helpful but if it was such a difficult decision WHY not spend a few hundred quid and see for yourself See the jobs, see the house prices see the schools etc too not just the beaches and restaurants
Old Sep 17th 2004, 10:01 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Theres no need to say goodbye, you can still use the forum, in fact what you have gone through in your decision to stay may well help someone else one day. So stick around.
good luck in all that you do
Old Sep 17th 2004, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't leave the forum! I haven't had the chance to get to know you yet!

I'm hoping to go to Aus, but I still love this country and will find it sad to leave my cozy little village in the downs.

I've done a lot of travelling over the years, and I know whatever the downsides, this is still a fantastic country in so many ways. Here's a toast to whatever the future holds...

Cheers!

Tony.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

Mal,

If you're SURE you're not going to apply, let it go now. Just try not to think about it any more. The worst thing you can do is to make a decision and then keep tying yourself in knots about whether you've done the right thing. If you're happy in your own mind that you've made the right decision then get one with the life you have.

Best of luck to you either way.