Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good TV programme - Black Jack

Good TV programme - Black Jack

Old Jun 7th 2005, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

sackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant future
Default Good TV programme - Black Jack

Stayed up late last night and watched a good Australian cop show, Black Jack. Below is the summary.

I was surprised that it's set in contemporary Sydney. It looks like something from the '80s and it was only the mention of "DNA" and some of the hairstyles that alerted me to the fact that it was recent. Part of that was deliberate, I think. After all, the series concerns crimes that were committed say 20 years ago and I guess that's why there are so many sepia tones used in the photography. Of course, muted colours also suit the gritty, hard bitten cop tone it was trying to capture.

Anyhow, it kept me awake.

Why is it, I wonder, that I find there's next to nothing worth watching on TV that comes on earlier than Newsnight? Our TV tends to stay off between the kids' programmes ending and 10pm or 11pm.

DRAMA: Black Jack
Channel: BBC 1 London 01
Date: Monday 6th June 2005
Time: 23:35 to 01:10 (Already shown)
Duration: 1 hour and 35 minutes.
Murder Archive. Series 1, episode 1.
Crime drama about a detective consigned to re-investigating old cases after blowing the whistle on his colleagues - difficult work that requires cunning, humour, alliances and the ability to tap into resources not normally used in a police investigation in order to bring to trial people who thought they have got away with it.
Starring: Colin Friels, Kate Behan, David Field, Victoria Longley
(New Series, Widescreen, Subtitles, Followed by Weatherview)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=88170
Copyright ©1999-2004 GipsyMedia Ltd.