Good TV in Aus

Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:35 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good TV in Aus

just wanted to say that I am actually impressed with the tv in Aus!

I wasnt expecting to be watchin any tv as when i was last here it was pretty shocking!!! But since I have arrived, I have been able to watch OC, Desperate housewives, Lost, Shameless, wifeswap and Rove live (which is dead funny).

There is at least one thing on each night to watch, so now instead of spending the whole night in front of tv watching mindless reaality tv, like in UK, we now spend 1 hour per night of good viewing (well in my opinion anyway) and do other stuff the rest of the night......

happy viewing

laura
xxxx
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

mozzie will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Good TV in Aus

Laura, I love reading your posts – you always seem to see the positive side of everything. I can just imagine you on the Titanic: “Well I was looking forward to a bit of a swim anyway.”
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice
Default Re: Good TV in Aus

Originally Posted by mozzie
Laura, I love reading your posts – you always seem to see the positive side of everything. I can just imagine you on the Titanic: “Well I was looking forward to a bit of a swim anyway.”
I agree… Keeping positive is an excellent trait!

It’s nice to hear that TV doesn’t dominate your life as well!

Gav
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:14 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mozzie
Maybe she needed some ice for her drink
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:42 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauralollipop

I wasnt expecting to be watchin any tv as when i was last here it was pretty shocking!!! But since I have arrived, I have been able to watch OC, Desperate housewives, Lost, Shameless, wifeswap and Rove live (which is dead funny).

There is at least one thing on each night to watch, so now instead of spending the whole night in front of tv watching mindless reaality tv, like in UK, we now spend 1 hour per night of good viewing (well in my opinion anyway) and do other stuff the rest of the night......

happy viewing

laura

xxxx
Wow! I can't believe we found someone else who likes Rove. I put that on a post a few weeks ago and judging by the replies you'd think I called for genocide
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Aus TV is fine, don't know what all the fuss is about... you get used to the 50 ad breaks per film after a few months (maybe I have lost the will to live )
You forgot "My Restaurant Rules", "The Amazing Race" and "CSI"
Old Mar 15th 2005, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Wow! I can't believe we found someone else who likes Rove. I put that on a post a few weeks ago and judging by the replies you'd think I called for genocide

He's even ripping off the "picture with the moving mouth" bit from Conan O'Brien. It was Sly stallone tonight.

He must surely have had to pay for that. They can't claim thats an original idea. He is so much a wannabe Conan or David Letterman or Jay Leno.

He comes fourth. But I still watch him cos his guests are good and he has some good writers, but you know he is not the talent or the brains of the show.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 15th 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

The Aussie's don't seem to do real belly laugh humour; Kath and Kim was mildly amusing but not laugh-your-socks off... can't think of anything funny I've watched here apart from Little Britain; wish they'd do a Little Aus
Old Mar 15th 2005, 12:13 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Laura,

It comes in for a bit of a slating on here usually so it's good to here a few like it.

I don't watch TV but my wife is with you all the way
Old Mar 15th 2005, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi Laura,

It comes in for a bit of a slating on here usually so it's good to here a few like it.

I don't watch TV but my wife is with you all the way
Too busy making pasties

There are some good things on TV - though we don't watch it that much - to many other things to do when not at work.

What I'm surprised at is the amount of UK serials/series there are - The Bill, Frost (which I like) Rosemary and Thyme (which I don't) etc, etc

Cas
Old Mar 15th 2005, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Rosemary and Thyme (which I don't) etc, etc

Cas
Rosemary and Thyme

I had an argument with my parents when they were here in Oz. They tried to tell me it was a good show. I refused to watch it, for the obvious reason that the writers were so bereft of ideas that they thought it was clever to have two gardeners/detectives called rosemary and thyme.

How rubbish is that. If thats the best they could come up with for a title and plot, its not worth investing 1 hour of my time.

My Mum and Dads retort was, well you like Inspector Frost, so whats the difference?

The difference is, Frost wasn't a meteorologist who occasionally solved crimes. "Oh and isn't it witty that his name is a term used in his profession."

He was a policeman, whos name just happened to be Frost. No pun, just his name.

Cheers,
JTL

But felicity kendall is a babe
Old Mar 15th 2005, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree there were a few programmes on Tv that I watched in January that were ok. There was one called "The Colony" that looked as if it could be interesting, I only got to see the first 2 episodes, so can anyone fill me in ? Have all the families survived? I would loved to have seen the house the family from Yorkshire were going to build.

We used to watch the US programmes like "the Amazing race" when we lived in Asia and really enjoyed the the last few episodes before the final.

Laura I'm sure you're happy to be walking on the beach - you don't need 3 hours TV a night. Glad you are enjoying Melbourne life.
Helen
Old Mar 15th 2005, 1:19 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

happy viewing

laura
xxxx
Impressed with Aus TV, where have you been

The only thing desperate about desparate house wives are the people watching it and as for lost!!

Still never mind enjoy
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:12 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

happy viewing

laura
xxxx

What about, The secret life of us which is set in St.Kilda is that still on?
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:12 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

oh I forgot to mention the race and Little Britain I like them tooo......

I was PMSL when I read the replies to this post, about the titanic

As for the adverts, they didnt seem half as much as I had expected them to be.....and on my positive note, thats more beer breaks, enough time to go to the fridge for a VB and get the lid off LOL and the loo, to pee it all back out again!!!

Yes Rove is very funny, even when he is not try in tobe funny, he just looks funny, dont you think?

Anyway, I sound like a right tv addict now dont I, but I honestly only watch 1-2 hours per night of the above progs.........and its all free

When we were in UK we paid about £35 for sky and then for a tv licence, maybe thats why we sat in night after night for hours on end watchin the damn thing, gettin our moneys worth, or maybe it was cos it was cold and dark outside

anyway who cares, i am here now and my eyes are gradually turning back from being so square LOL!!!

laura
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.