Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good things about Australia

Good things about Australia

Old Apr 1st 2004, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

i gotta be fair here. I have driven in Sydney and Adelaide.

Adelaide does have its fair share of selfish and idiotic drivers, but they DO stop to let you out here. They will also wave and smile if you return the favour (maybe they are all expats!!) but Sydney?????????? ...damn...i drove a taxi in London for 14yrs and NEVER seen such poor standard as i did there.
Maybe its a big city thing. We have to remember that the larger the city the larger the population and therefore more drivers from all parts of the world. And judging by Sydney...all the bad drivers emmigrated there
Old Apr 1st 2004, 1:56 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the thread...

Aussie women are generally stunning looking, unlike this "Chatham girl" moose
Attached Thumbnails Good things about Australia-maid5.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2004, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default ha ha

nice one bondipom - I purposely slow down if someone tail rides me and get slower if they keep doing it

I guess I can see where hevs is coming from too cos occassionally my mr aggressive side comes out and it's on!!! I'm cutting those suckers up like I'm on masterchef!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:00 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by renth
Back to the thread...

Too right Renth.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

NJFOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom

Then there are the Falcon/Commodore/Monaro drivers who think they are in bathurst. Very arrogant and inconsiderate and love to burn rubber and scare less confident road users.

Oi not fair I have a Falcon and I'm the best driver in the world

One of the best things about Melbourne is its cycle lanes as I cycle to work each day, it's an extreme sport and you need the reactions of a fighter pilot esp if you cycle along Nepean H'way/Brighton Road/ St Kilda Road.

Other great thing about Oz is the total lack or crowds by London standards, and the pace of life.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:09 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NJFOZ
Oi not fair I have a Falcon and I'm the best driver in the world

One of the best things about Melbourne is its cycle lanes as I cycle to work each day, it's an extreme sport and you need the reactions of a fighter pilot esp if you cycle along Nepean H'way/Brighton Road/ St Kilda Road.

Other great thing about Oz is the total lack or crowds by London standards, and the pace of life.
Me too.

I've got a Falcon wagon. I love it - 250k on the clock and big enough for my 8'6 "stick"
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:24 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant say I've noticed the bad driving, but maybe thats because I drive like they do
Old Apr 1st 2004, 3:08 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the thread...

Typical remark...come out west mate they are more than likely bigger and butcher than YOU. More like men than women...

Being a Pommie bird married to an aussie man!!!!!

Last edited by Pants; Apr 1st 2004 at 3:12 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pants
Typical remark...come out west mate they are more than likely bigger and butcher than YOU. More like men than women...

Being a Pommie bird married to an aussie man!!!!!
My aussie bloke reckons OZ women are stunning till they turn 18 and the big mac diet gets to them, if they survive the lard diet, he says the sun gets them anyway. Charming bloke really Think hes due for a spell in civilisation.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default i love aussie birds

but i tell you - get them to the uk and they gt the 'heathrow injection' and put it on. thank god i got my wife back to Oz where she lost the weight again
Old Apr 1st 2004, 3:54 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Get to see what is doing the choosing:

Old Apr 1st 2004, 4:10 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Back to the thread...

Aussie women are generally stunning looking
What a 'strange' statement to make?
Old Apr 1st 2004, 4:20 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by janeyray
What a 'strange' statement to make?
Strange......

but true..
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:18 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by badgersmount
There is less traffic on the road even in Sydney and Melbourne.

However, and this may be Sydney and Melbourne, drivers will not let you in, and any attempt to ''force it'" (eg drive halfway to turn right) will often infuriate drivers. The only time when they seem to get mad.

I often let people in, and you won't get that raised hand of thanks.

BM
Just have to get this one in....when you flash someone out of a side road and they just look at you like you have 3 heads, a handful seem to know what this means but a majority do not so you end up sitting there flashing like a lunatic waving you hands while that semi artic gets ever nearer your arse.
ps and i dont mean flashing the todger out kind of flashing either...
jo
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:24 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by johanne
Just have to get this one in....when you flash someone out of a side road and they just look at you like you have 3 heads, a handful seem to know what this means but a majority do not so you end up sitting there flashing like a lunatic waving you hands while that semi artic gets ever nearer your arse.
ps and i dont mean flashing the todger out kind of flashing either...
jo

Which is why you should never do it.

Are you one of these people who used to go to Calais to buy your cheap beer then talk loudly to the French checkout girls in English?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.