British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   good site (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/good-site-178465/)

vickymills Sep 15th 2003 2:38 pm

good site

Hi

Just found this site. Hubby and I are currently going through visa application process, hoping to move from Bradford, Yorkshire,UK to Brisbane end of next year.
Does anyone live near or know what Albany Creek is like, we're just having a look around on the net at possible areas to live, it looks kinda nice, but is it a long way out of the centre for jobs.

Dee_e56 Sep 15th 2003 2:56 pm

Hi Vicky

You have found a good site here, we have all helped each other in many ways and you will find loads of information in the postings. I am at present living in Switzerland but orignally from UK. We are moving to NZ next year. sorry I cant be any help with OZ. you will find this site very addictive we are all addicts here. lol
Happy posting

Dee
:D

vickymills Sep 15th 2003 2:58 pm

thanks Dee

nice to speak to people who are going through similar.

HUP Sep 15th 2003 3:11 pm

Originally posted by Dee_e56
we are all addicts here. lol
:D
We are not all addicts. I could give it up.........
If I wanted to
:D :D

kathm Sep 15th 2003 4:46 pm

Hi Vicky,

I live in Keighley, near Bradford - so not far from you!!! We are hoping to move to NZ if hubby can get a job offer.

I'm fairly new to the site, but so far people have been helpful when I've asked questions.

Kath

suz Sep 15th 2003 5:04 pm

Re: good site

Originally posted by vickymills
Hi

Just found this site. Hubby and I are currently going through visa application process, hoping to move from Bradford, Yorkshire,UK to Brisbane end of next year.
Does anyone live near or know what Albany Creek is like, we're just having a look around on the net at possible areas to live, it looks kinda nice, but is it a long way out of the centre for jobs.
Hi Vicky,
Welcome to the site, we have got lots of info from everyone and had a few laughs along the way. Re Albany Creek, I have a good Aussie friend who live in Brisbane I shall ask her and pm you later.
Regards

Suz

whisky Sep 15th 2003 6:33 pm

Welcome to the site Vicky. Can't help you with Albany Creek i'm afraid, but no doubt someone will.

Whisky

hevs Sep 15th 2003 6:39 pm

welcome to the mad house:D

cresta57 Sep 15th 2003 6:41 pm

Originally posted by h garrett
welcome to the mad house:D
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:;)

nosuchluck Sep 15th 2003 7:29 pm

Re: good site

Originally posted by vickymills
Hi

Hi Vicky & hubby
welcome to the group, or madhouse should i say!
we too are hoping to move to one of the Brisbane suburbs, we are STILL waiting for the TRA to assess hubby's trade! type in Brisbane Suburbs into the search box and it will bring up lots of treads!
best of luck
rach :)

mark warner Sep 15th 2003 7:36 pm

welcome to the site much like yourselves we have done extensive searches of the net for nice places but ended
up going to bris in may to check it out for ourselves glad we did as a couple of places we liked the look of didnt live up to expectations we have now decided we like the look of a suburb called helensvale and the surrounding area (gold coast) ,so no matter what you find on the net it really willmpay to get on a plane and check it out

best wishes

mark

Rossi Sep 15th 2003 11:41 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Try this link below and click on the a - z directory. You never know ....it might be listed

http://www.walkabout.com.au/index.shtml