Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good School's from Kedron-Bald Hills??

Good School's from Kedron-Bald Hills??

Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:34 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good School's from Kedron-Bald Hills??

Wondering if anyone can help me. Owing to the fact that Oz do not have league tables for schools I really dont know where to start.
We arrived on Friday and will be spending first five weeks in Taigum/Zillmere
We are looking to permanently settle between Kedron and Bald Hills.
Looked at Ascot today, I go very excited as it was so nice then came back home and looked the area up on realestate.com :scared:

Can anyone in the area let me know of any schools worth taking a look at or more importantly schools that we should not look at.

Looking for Primary and Secondary.

Thanks
Sharon
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:40 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good School's from Kedron-Bald Hills??

taken from QLD school website

St Paul's School (Bald Hills)
Address:34 Strathpine Road Bald Hills 4036
Phone07) 3261 1388
Fax07) 3261 4521
http://education.qld.gov.au/apps/owa/SCHOOL$CENTRE.QueryView?P_CTR_CD=5449 - details

Bald Hills State Preschool Centre
Address:2156 Gympie Road Bald Hills 4036
Phone07) 3261 1554
Fax07) 3261 1715
http://education.qld.gov.au/apps/owa/SCHOOL$CENTRE.QueryView?P_CTR_CD=4341 - details
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:41 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=steve`o]taken from QLD school website

Bald Hills State School
Phone07) 3261 1554
Fax07) 3261 1715
http://education.qld.gov.au/apps/owa/SCHOOL$CENTRE.QueryView?P_CTR_CD=0004 - details

Mrs Jacqueline King
Principal
Bald Hills State School
Phone07) 3261 1554
Fax07) 3261 1715
http://education.qld.gov.au/apps/owa/phone_v$phone_directory.QueryView?p_officer_key=41 5269 - details
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:42 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sharon, my niece sends her boys to St Pauls at Bald Hills.

http://www.stpauls.qld.edu.au/03_web/home/home.asp
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by steve`o
taken from QLD school website

St Paul's School (Bald Hills)
Address:34 Strathpine Road Bald Hills 4036
Phone07) 3261 1388
Fax07) 3261 4521
http://education.qld.gov.au/apps/owa/SCHOOL$CENTRE.QueryView?P_CTR_CD=5449 - details

Bald Hills State Preschool Centre
Phone07) 3261 1554
Fax07) 3261 1715
http://education.qld.gov.au/apps/owa/SCHOOL$CENTRE.QueryView?P_CTR_CD=4341 - details

Cheers for that. Its just so hard when there are no tables to go by.
I have looked at nearly every school in the area on that site but how do you know if its good or bad, I am not even sure that you can tell just by taking a look around.
I really think its something only the locals can tell you but only being here for 3 days I am not yet acquainted with many locals apart from our resident fruit bat

Thanks
Sharon
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hi Sharon, my niece sends her boys to St Pauls at Bald Hills.

http://www.stpauls.qld.edu.au/03_web/home/home.asp

Interesting, that is a school that I have had in my head for about a year now but cant remember why, I am sure someone must have told me it was good.
I will put it on my take a look list.

Cheers,
Sharon
Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:25 pm

Bump
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:36 am

Going to bump this again
Sorry for sounding desperate
We have now spent two days driving around looking at areas ie;
Wavell Heights, Bracken Ridge, Aspley, Bridgeman downs, Bald Hills,
I can honestly say that they all have something to offer us and we just cant make up our minds. We need to decide so that we can get the kids into school asap. We have decided that as we like so many of the places that we have visited that we will choose the one with the most suitable school's
So any advice greatly received, today wasn't the day to talk to any schools as most of them were closed for the day so we couldn't contact them.
But really need to have a short list for viewing by the morning.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE OFFER ANY ADVICE, EVEN IF ITS TO SAY DONT GO THERE!
If you dont want to post please feel free to PM me.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 1:10 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Going to bump this again
I can honestly say that they all have something to offer us and we just cant make up our minds. We need to decide so that we can get the kids into school asap. We have decided that as we like so many of the places that we have visited that we will choose the one with the most suitable school's
So any advice greatly received, today wasn't the day to talk to any schools as most of them were closed for the day so we couldn't contact them.

Can't offer any advice as still in UK. Those are areas we've thought about so wanted to bump again.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 10th 2005, 1:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Going to bump this again

Living in Aspley, I'd love to give advice, but I know nothing about the schools. Its a lovely suburb to live in though.Trouble is, from your point of view, there aren't many people on the site in this area, and those that are here don't post late at night. I did try an ask around at work today, but all the people with kids are from the southside.
Try an email to MLBonner - Michelle is rarely on the site now, but an email might reach her early tomorrow - she lives in Bracken Ridge, and I think her partner's daughter is at school out there.
The only other people I know with kids are out at Samford, which isn't much use.

Sorry I can't be more help.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Going to bump this again

If you must insist on staying Northside of the river, I would also recommend having a look at the Gap, Ferny grove, Ferny Hills and Albany Creak. Bit more NW than you may want but by not far! That was our original choice. All the state schools have good reps there! Guys at work have kids in the schools there and they seem to be happy with whats being taught.

Then we went over to the dark side and crossed the river..... and never went back.

Last edited by Sharpy67; Oct 10th 2005 at 8:03 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:18 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharpy67
If you must insist on staying Northside of the river, I would also recommend having a look at the Gap, Ferny grove, Ferny Hills and Albany Creak. Bit more NW than you may want but by not far! That was our original choice. All the state schools have good reps there! Guys at work have kids in the schools there and they seem to be happy with whats being taught.

Then we went over to the dark side and crossed the river..... and never went back.

Sorry, stll cant help anymore Sharon, only know that St Pauls is great .
Old Oct 10th 2005, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy

Sorry, stll cant help anymore Sharon, only know that St Pauls is great .

We looked at St Paul's today, what an impressive looking school, we didnt get there till dark though so couldn't get a good look at the area surrounding it. Going back today though but dont tell the kids
"Why do we have to keep driving around, we just want a rest day so that we can relax and play in the paddling pool" Said whilst dragging their feet and slouching their shoulders and in a horrible whining tone
Old Oct 10th 2005, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Sharpy67

LOL, I am almost frightened to look Southside because I am sure we will love it and then open up another whole can of Worms.
The other factor is that my husband gave up a good job with British Airways and is hoping to get a job here with another airline so would like to be close the Airport.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 2:38 am
Excellent Member

anne wilson will become famous soon enough

I CAN HELP YOU!!!!!

My oldest goes to Aspley East State School - its a public school (i.e. no fees) and I can honestly say its absolutely brilliant. The principal is Mr Kingston and as soon as we met him we didnt want to see anymore schools. He is wonderful and it shows all the way through the school.

We arrived in Oz 2 years ago and have settled near Aspley.

Let me know if I can help you anymore??

Anne

Last edited by anne wilson; Oct 11th 2005 at 2:41 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.