Reload this Page >

Good place for a weekend break

Good place for a weekend break

Old Apr 26th 2003, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough
Default Good place for a weekend break

Hi Everyone,

Well after living here for just over a year, I decided it was time to venture out into the wilderness with the kids in tow. (I used to go away quite a lot on my own with the kids back in the UK). I decided to give Thredbo a go. Its primarily a skiing resort in the Snowy Mountains in the Kosciusko National Park but this time of year it is good for walking. So after heading off from Sydney we had a nice drive to Canberra, stopped at Canberra for lunch then continues on south. It was a fantastic drive through some superb countryside. We arrived in Thredbo to find it is a small Alpine village which really is geared up for the tourist. We had a fantstic walk to the top of mount Kosciusko and the kids enjoyed (well I did too) the bobsleding, tennis and swimming pool slide. We did some other walks too and saw some great scenery and wildlife. All the people are friendly too, I recommend Thredbo for anyone, with or without kids, for a holiday (and no I don't work for the tourist board I just like to pass on my experiences, if it had been crap I would have said!)

www.thredbo.com.au

Mandy
Old Apr 26th 2003, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

looks really nice, we shall be travelling around sydney area for a few weeks, so if we have the time may visit there. thanks for the link.