Default Re: A good old fashioned rant

No point talking to him guys.

He's buggared off to read his magazine
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:51 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Yeah, thats what the offer to donate the money to the Animal Welfare League is about. I was planning to donate some money to them anyway (as thanks for Jock!). So that would seem to be a good way to show I wasn't planning to rip them off.

I did ask if the had CCTV that could prove I gave the $50, but they don't.

Its more about the theft or stupidity of the staff I worry about
They wont care ADL.

If you can't do anything more about it, then put it down to experience.

Don't waste any more of your time on them m8.

And a bit of advice:
Don't take Rooksie shopping with ya. EVER
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:54 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wengerboy
if i was absolutely 100 percent sure i had given over a 50(which obviously you did) they would have to arrest me to get me out of that shop

This is absolutely true. I argued with the girl for 10 minutes, I was prepared for the long haul, I would wait for the manager etc... except I was leaving work early cos I was feeling a bit sick

Anyway, I was soo annoyed after 10 minutes I was shaking, she gave me a bit of paper to write my details on, and I was so hyper I couldn't write, I was shaking with indignant anger I gave the paper back to her and told her I would dictate my details and she could write them(i don't think she took that too well either ) . Really thats how annoyed I was.

To hand over a fifty and to be told 10 seconds later it was a twenty

To be told the next day that they've tallied up the tills and yes it was a twenty

It'll be the most expensive $30 they ever steal

ADL
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:54 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
They wont care ADL.

If you can't do anything more about it, then put it down to experience.

Don't waste any more of your time on them m8.

And a bit of advice:
Don't take Rooksie shopping with ya. EVER

Noooooooooooooooo!!!! i was sooooooooooo embarrassed and i was the innocent party!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:56 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

What an absolute load of ballshit. How many times have I told you to bring your work to me before sending it to the printers.

Your letter is ultra repetitive; going over and over the same points. Anyone reading it feels like they are walking around a maze of thick syrup.

You wrote this when emotions were still running high and consequently have rabbitted on far too long. You needed to write this when you had cooled off a bit and could be composed and selectively cutting.

This topic was an ideal one for big brash factual bullet points which would have got the message home very loud and clear but you have diluted it by babbling.

Your point on advocacy is an excellent one. I just hope they read that far down the letter.

Consider yourself lectured. "Could do better".

I hope you get your 30 bucks back otherwise I suppose we'll be doing a sponsored event with procedes to the ADL injustice fund. Sponsored raindance probably
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Noooooooooooooooo!!!! i was sooooooooooo embarrassed and i was the innocent party!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes dear I know ....I know ....yes, yes.....

<dont fall for it ADL ]
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:05 am
Account Closed

Well yes, "Revenge is a dish best served cold".....but sometimes emotions do come into it

And....ADL isn't feelin good are ya m8

And Mrs JTL is havin to look after hersen and the coffee bean [or grapefruit ]at the moment

There, there......fancy some chicken soup
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:06 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

This is absolutely true. I argued with the girl for 10 minutes, I was prepared for the long haul, I would wait for the manager etc... except I was leaving work early cos I was feeling a bit sick

Anyway, I was soo annoyed after 10 minutes I was shaking, she gave me a bit of paper to write my details on, and I was so hyper I couldn't write, I was shaking with indignant anger I gave the paper back to her and told her I would dictate my details and she could write them(i don't think she took that too well either ) . Really thats how annoyed I was.

To hand over a fifty and to be told 10 seconds later it was a twenty

To be told the next day that they've tallied up the tills and yes it was a twenty

It'll be the most expensive $30 they ever steal

ADL
that`s when i know i`m gonna lose it(i start shaking) nice one on the making her right your details bit,the whole thing must have left a nasty taste though especially as you were under the weather to start with
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:11 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
its happened to me in birmingham mate but to make matters worse i was shopping for my friend at work - out buying lunch. she swore blind she gave me a twenty, i wasnt entirely sure to be honest although i thought it was a ten and the shop assistant gave me change for a ten. i wanted to curl up and die. didnt know who made the mistake, my friend or the shop assistant but im sure my friend thought id robbed her of a tenner . that was about 15 years ago and it still makes me cringe now.
fancy knocking your work mate! shame on you
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:13 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
What an absolute load of ballshit. How many times have I told you to bring your work to me before sending it to the printers.

Your letter is ultra repetitive; going over and over the same points. Anyone reading it feels like they are walking around a maze of thick syrup.

You wrote this when emotions were still running high and consequently have rabbitted on far too long. You needed to write this when you had cooled off a bit and could be composed and selectively cutting.

This topic was an ideal one for big brash factual bullet points which would have got the message home very loud and clear but you have diluted it by babbling.

Your point on advocacy is an excellent one. I just hope they read that far down the letter.

Consider yourself lectured. "Could do better".

I hope you get your 30 bucks back otherwise I suppose we'll be doing a sponsored event with procedes to the ADL injustice fund. Sponsored raindance probably
Well, yes, I was repetitive on purpose, it was because I had to keep explaining to the girl I KNEW it was a $50, and she couldn't comprehend. So I was being annoyingly repetitive. Did I say I was being annoyingly repetitive, I was being annoyingly repetitive.

So go on, you re-write it then, I'll deliver it in the morning on the way into work. I don't think I can do the re-write cos as Phoenix says, I'm still too wound up about it.

And I'll publish the reply on the thread here
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wengerboy
fancy knocking your work mate! shame on you
ROFPMSL......even waggs are conscientious and know when they've cocked up
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:23 am
Account Closed

Well, yes, I was repetitive on purpose, it was because I had to keep explaining to the girl I KNEW it was a $50, and she couldn't comprehend. So I was being annoyingly repetitive. Did I say I was being annoyingly repetitive, I was being annoyingly repetitive.

So go on, you re-write it then, I'll deliver it in the morning on the way into work. I don't think I can do the re-write cos as Phoenix says, I'm still too wound up about it.

And I'll publish the reply on the thread here
At the end of the day it's not a business letter so grammar and context is not that important.

What is important is that you get it off your chest and tell it as it is.

Lets hope the storekeeper sees the emotion within the letter anyway, cos this will help him see how upset this has made you.

A good thing I'd have thought

Certainly made me think it had
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:24 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Dear sirs,
It is with much regret I have to write to express my disatisfaction with the service I received at your newsagency yesterday.
I handed the attendant a 50 bill and she only gave me change for a 20.
My protestations fell on deaf ears hence I must plead to your goodself for recompense in this matter.
Now hand over my ****ing money by return of post or you won't have a ****ing shop by next week.
Yours, in honesty.
IRAte customer.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:33 am
Account Closed

Make sure when you deliver it, you wear your best pin stripe suit wi a carnation.....and carry a violin case
  • Re -write the letter incorporating the odd Italian word in it.
  • Make sure you put some bollognaise sauce on yer chin
  • Put cotton wool in yer cheeks and try sound like the Godfather
  • Spit at him while your talkin, at least if you don't get yer money back, you get some satisfaction you've taken the piss
Tell him "keep the change you filthy animal" <said in a rough Godfather voice>.....and leave with yer head up high
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:53 am
Bix
da Bonehead

And sign the letter.......

Al de Fazio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.