Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

good old british summer..NOT !

Wikiposts

good old british summer..NOT !

Old Jun 8th 2003, 7:31 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: good old british summer..NOT !

Originally posted by appletree
very rarely does it get to 40 in perth. you're not doing very well tonight are you dotty
Your mouth is wide open but your brain is out of gear?

Old Jun 8th 2003, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard

Appletree needs watering. I know how I usually water a tree but he may not like it?
Old Jun 8th 2003, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

appletree is an unknown quantity at this point

alcohol poisoning has removed any of your brain cells
Old Jun 8th 2003, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Living outside UK not such a bad option. 32 degrees C here in Europe today
Where have they moved the Uk to then ? Last time I was there it was in Europe.
Old Jun 9th 2003, 12:10 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by appletree
alcohol poisoning has removed any of your brain cells

But still have more working than you, pray tell me what temp was last night in Perth second time lucky?

Old Jun 9th 2003, 7:46 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

We have just spent last summer in Oz, Brisbane to be precise and it was hell. It apparently was a cooler summer than normal (I would hate to be there during a real summer!!!). Hottest day we had up to 35 and boy was it hot give me the British summer any day at least you feel like doing something. when you are on holiday these temperatures are fine but when you have to carry on with normal life believe me it is no pleasure.

Our friends who are out there say it has cooled down but now they are now really feeling the cold especially in the the evenings and mornings and what with no double glazing or heating!!

Yes you get a bit fed up with the rain in the UK but at least you can put your coat on and still go about normal life unlike Oz where a lot of the time it is either too hot to go out or the rain is coming down like stair rods!!
Old Jun 9th 2003, 7:49 pm
Banned

Originally posted by heading downunder 2002
We have just spent last summer in Oz, Brisbane to be precise and it was hell. It apparently was a cooler summer than normal (I would hate to be there during a real summer!!!). Hottest day we had up to 35 and boy was it hot give me the British summer any day at least you feel like doing something. when you are on holiday these temperatures are fine but when you have to carry on with normal life believe me it is no pleasure.

Our friends who are out there say it has cooled down but now they are now really feeling the cold especially in the the evenings and mornings and what with no double glazing or heating!!

Yes you get a bit fed up with the rain in the UK but at least you can put your coat on and still go about normal life unlike Oz where a lot of the time it is either too hot to go out or the rain is coming down like stair rods!!

Well I am off the the OB you can duck the gun fire on your own good luck the natives are not friendly.

Old Jun 9th 2003, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

This summer in Brisbane it got to 35 degress ONCE. That was the 6th December. On almost every other day it peaked at 29 degrees which is the average maximum summer temp for Brisbane.

The weather at the moment in Brisbane is perfect. In fact it is better than an English summer. Every day is blue sky with temps of 22-23 degrees.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

D
Yesterdays temp London 20 max 10 min
Yesterdays temp Brisbane 22 max 13 min

And we're approching mid winter. The temp here in Brisbane is like an average english summer. How often do you run your central heating in Mid summer.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

onetwothree is an unknown quantity at this point

can't trust that "heading downunder 2002" poster. always telling porkies
Old Jun 10th 2003, 11:54 am
Banned

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Yesterdays temp London 20 max 10 min
Yesterdays temp Brisbane 22 max 13 min

And we're approching mid winter. The temp here in Brisbane is like an average english summer. How often do you run your central heating in Mid summer.
The Winter started a week ago here but why let a fact get in the way?
I want central heating here its bloody freezing at night in WA now.

Old Jun 10th 2003, 12:29 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough

We have just been talking about what clothes to take to NZ, as it will be winter there when we get there (end june), but as NZ is considerably colder than OZ, we'd better pack the jackets!

Just out of interest, has anyone (apart from Wilf) got PB on their buddy list?
No offence PB, you do make me smile sometimes! Good luck surviving the WA winter!
Old Jun 10th 2003, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

The Winter started a week ago here but why let a fact get in the way?
I want central heating here its bloody freezing at night in WA now.

Mid winter the shortest day I belive is 22 Dec.

Also the temp yesterday in Perth was 17 max 7 min according to the ABC.

Weather
Old Jun 10th 2003, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by garrisondamn
We have just been talking about what clothes to take to NZ, as it will be winter there when we get there (end june), but as NZ is considerably colder than OZ, we'd better pack the jackets!

Just out of interest, has anyone (apart from Wilf) got PB on their buddy list?
No offence PB, you do make me smile sometimes! Good luck surviving the WA winter!
Depends where you are going in NZ, Auckand will be like an English autunm,whereas Chrisrtchurh will be just like the English winter temp wise, especially at night.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 1:22 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Mid winter the shortest day I belive is 22 Dec.

Also the temp yesterday in Perth was 17 max 7 min according to the ABC.

Weather
Never leave out the wind chill factor as does the weather forcast does here , its the windest capital city in the world so they say .
Perth a capital City now that does smack of bull?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.