Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

good old british summer..NOT !

Wikiposts

good old british summer..NOT !

Old May 18th 2003, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Lynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really nice
Cool good old british summer..NOT !

It's sunday nearly the end of may, nearly half way into the year

and what's the weather doing - RAINING !

where's the sun, i think we have had our summer, remember

those two days last week? Yes ! i think that was it....

Watching programmes, looking at sites about oz and of course

talking to everybody on here really cheers me up!

What about all of you what cheers you up ????

Old May 18th 2003, 7:54 am
kkyliecuteass

wine!!!
xx

Old May 18th 2003, 7:58 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: good old british summer..NOT !

Originally posted by Lynn W

Living outside UK not such a bad option. 32 degrees C here in Europe today, very hot and sunny (again! - 3 weeks now!), made lunch on the range in the garden for the outlaw and bro-in-law's family, everything was delicious and I was congratulated for preparing the national dish better than the nationals! Coupla tinnies. Just missing the football but at least got Arsenal-Southampton yesterday.

Cheers - Don (chin up you poor Englanders - soon you'll get barbies galore.)
Old May 18th 2003, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

rainingagain is an unknown quantity at this point

raining again! what can i say
Old May 18th 2003, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

It hasn't stopped raining here all week. My garden is waterlogged and i just feel washed out. None of which is helping to sell the house !!
Can't wait to get somewhere where it doesnt rain all day everyday.
Selling my house may cheer me up, having lots to drink at my farewell parties or maybe getting on the plane with a one way ticket........

wendy
Old May 18th 2003, 9:33 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

And of course it never rains in Oz

After 2 wks in NSW in Feb (their summer) we came across a newspaper headline that there had been more rain in those previous 2 wks than there had been in the previous 2 yrs.

And the rain this week in the UK has not been as bad as in Sydney
http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/2...885283254.html - you could be surfing at Taren Point
Old May 18th 2003, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Originally posted by walaj
And of course it never rains in Oz

After 2 wks in NSW in Feb (their summer) we came across a newspaper headline that there had been more rain in those previous 2 wks than there had been in the previous 2 yrs.

And the rain this week in the UK has not been as bad as in Sydney
http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/2...885283254.html - you could be surfing at Taren Point
Don't forget it is the middle of winter in OZ.
Old May 18th 2003, 9:50 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Chocolate
Old May 18th 2003, 9:51 am
Badge

Originally posted by PADDAD
i loved winter in australia - cold enough to wear nice clothes - but a sun you can still enjoy nonetheless outside...people still go to the beach occasionally- (this was NSW)..we often had 22 degree winter days.. actually v v pleasant

nights v cold due to short days..

badgers

Old May 18th 2003, 11:44 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Come to Perth and find out what rain is , you have seen nothing yet.

Autumn showers?

FIERCE storms lashed Perth overnight creating havoc for morning peak-hour traffic as roads were closed due to local flooding and fallen powerlines and trees.

Weather forecasters said more storms were expected to hit the city today with severe winds of up to 110km/h following the overnight gusts of up to 117km/h.

Localised flooding and fallen powerlines and trees created massive traffic jams across the metropolitan area, police said.

Some major roads, such as Perth's Riverside Drive, were closed due to flooding.

Two northbound lanes of the Kwinana Freeway were closed by flooding from the Swan River, causing a massive build-up of traffic south of the river.

Peak-hour traffic stretched for kilometres back down the freeway and on feeder roads such as Canning Highway. Many workers spent more than two hours in traffic jams.

Emergency services reported only minimal damage, mostly from fallen trees, but said workers would spend most of the day mopping up.

Seaside councils are assessing the extent of erosion after a record 1.9m tide dumped wild seas onto land.

Old May 18th 2003, 11:46 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
i loved winter in australia - cold enough to wear nice clothes - but a sun you can still enjoy nonetheless outside...people still go to the beach occasionally- (this was NSW)..we often had 22 degree winter days.. actually v v pleasant

nights v cold due to short days..

badgers

You are spot its great even in Autumn , dream on.

Much of central western Victoria was blacked out and dozens of houses damaged last night by a severe storm described as a "mini tornado".

Several houses had their roofs blown off and up to 50 others were damaged when the storm struck about 6.30pm.

Trees were uprooted and power lines brought down as the storm blacked out Castlemaine, Bendigo and Maldon, a Country Fire Authority spokesman said.

Bureau of Meteorology senior forecaster Scott Williams said he believed wind speeds ranged from 130km/h to a maximum of 150km/h at the core of the storm.

"It was definitely a tornado," Mr Williams said.

"It cut a fairly narrow swathe, only a couple of hundred metres in width on average and about seven kilometres in length and lasted about 10 minutes. The actual thunderstorms that spawned it were moving at about 40 to 45km/h.

Old May 18th 2003, 11:49 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Come to Perth and find out what rain is , you have seen nothing yet.

Autumn showers?

FIERCE storms lashed Perth overnight creating havoc for morning peak-hour traffic as roads were closed due to local flooding and fallen powerlines and trees.

Weather forecasters said more storms were expected to hit the city today with severe winds of up to 110km/h following the overnight gusts of up to 117km/h.

Localised flooding and fallen powerlines and trees created massive traffic jams across the metropolitan area, police said.

Some major roads, such as Perth's Riverside Drive, were closed due to flooding.

Two northbound lanes of the Kwinana Freeway were closed by flooding from the Swan River, causing a massive build-up of traffic south of the river.

Peak-hour traffic stretched for kilometres back down the freeway and on feeder roads such as Canning Highway. Many workers spent more than two hours in traffic jams.

Emergency services reported only minimal damage, mostly from fallen trees, but said workers would spend most of the day mopping up.

Seaside councils are assessing the extent of erosion after a record 1.9m tide dumped wild seas onto land.

Well lets hope it gets to adelaide , hav,nt had any decent rain in 4mths.........MM
Old May 18th 2003, 11:49 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Note that in Oz its the summer when you get most rainfall (not the winter), it's supposed to be drier in the winter, though not as recently witnessed in Sydney
Old May 18th 2003, 11:51 am
Banned

Originally posted by mr mover
Well lets hope it gets to adelaide , hav,nt had any decent rain in 4mths.........MM
SA is the dryest state is it not , but having read your posts I think that you are remote from most things?

Old May 18th 2003, 11:53 am
Banned

Autumn but what do you know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.