Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

good old british summer..NOT !

Wikiposts

good old british summer..NOT !

Old May 18th 2003, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: good old british summer..NOT !

Originally posted by Lynn W
It's sunday nearly the end of may, nearly half way into the year

and what's the weather doing - RAINING !

where's the sun, i think we have had our summer, remember

those two days last week? Yes ! i think that was it....

Watching programmes, looking at sites about oz and of course

talking to everybody on here really cheers me up!

What about all of you what cheers you up ????

We New Zealanders are currently praying for rain so that our hydroelectric storage lakes can fill and we can continue to get hot water for another week. So please stop bragging about all that rain in the UK.

And MM, those rain clouds are ours! If you do the rain dance over Adelaide, you will have to asnwer to Helen Clark and she makes Hulk Hogan look delicate.

Slippers
Old May 18th 2003, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by PADDAD
Don't forget it is the middle of winter in OZ.
Winter is the dry season in OZ (most parts).

Look up tables of annual rainfall in OZ it will show some very high amounts. Sunshine coast rainfally to May 1003 mm, hardly dry, its peed down at least half of the past two months. Roads here go under water in a morning makes getting arond really convenient.

Winter is June July August.

Last edited by dotty; May 18th 2003 at 1:01 pm.
Old May 18th 2003, 1:13 pm
Muad'Dib

Detailed Climate Maps

Global Atmospheric Circulation and its Related Effects

Last edited by Muad'Dib; May 18th 2003 at 2:19 pm.

Old May 18th 2003, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the Tables.

Think they might show those in the Uk why a lot of OZ is totally unnhabited and why people cluster together in little areas spread along the Coastlines.

All those Oz has 390 people and 23 zillion mega hectares posters might understand that space is unlimited as long as you dont object to uninhabited desert.
Old May 18th 2003, 2:15 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Thanks for the Tables.

Think they might show those in the Uk why a lot of OZ is totally unnhabited and why people cluster together in little areas spread along the Coastlines.

All those Oz has 390 people and 23 zillion mega hectares posters might understand that space is unlimited as long as you dont object to uninhabited desert.
Yeah only the lucky ones get to live in the desert........MM
Old May 18th 2003, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Autumn but what do you know?

Err sorry it's autumn not middle of winter as you so aptly pointed out pb so I suppose the dry season (WINTER/DRY SEASON) hasn't quite kicked in yet… my mistake.

God I think I am going to cancel my plans for OZ... the thought of torrential rain just terrifies me!!!!!
Old May 18th 2003, 6:42 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PADDAD
Err sorry it's autumn not middle of winter as you so aptly pointed out pb so I suppose the dry season (WINTER/DRY SEASON) hasn't quite kicked in yet… my mistake.

God I think I am going to cancel my plans for OZ... the thought of torrential rain just terrifies me!!!!!
I am sure it does not but your like seem to think that rains only falls on the UK , as you have no idea about the seasons here good luck on the rest.

Old May 18th 2003, 8:23 pm
Badge

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
I am sure it does not but your like seem to think that rains only falls on the UK , as you have no idea about the seasons here good luck on the rest.

CONCLUSION:

It DOES rain everywhere in Aus. We know. In fact it can piss down - esp in NT/QLD in the wet season. and in Sydney - it did whilst i was there for days at a time. it has been particularly bad recently.

But it would also be fair to say that the days of sunshine at any stage in the year more than make up for it.

badgers

Old May 18th 2003, 8:28 pm
Muad'Dib

[QUOTE]Originally posted by badgersmount

CONCLUSION:

It DOES rain everywhere in Aus. We know. In fact it can piss down - esp in NT/QLD in the wet season. and in Sydney - it did whilst i was there for days at a time. it has been particularly bad recently.

But it would also be fair to say that the days of sunshine at any stage in the year more than make up for it.

badgers
It would be fairer to say that the days of rain make up for the days of sunshine.

Old May 19th 2003, 12:22 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by badgersmount

CONCLUSION:

badgers

Well I live and learn , having read your posts I not did think it ever pissed on the land of plenty.?

Old May 19th 2003, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
Thanks for the Tables.

Think they might show those in the Uk why a lot of OZ is totally unnhabited and why people cluster together in little areas spread along the Coastlines. [/i]
But honestly, do you really think most people in Britain thinking about emigrating are so stupid as not to know that most of Oz is uninhabited? One can know things about other countries without actually living there, it's not your prerogative. I just get so tired of this attitude, that we're all dumb f###s who know nothing about anything.

Yes most people cluster in certain areas for very specific reasons, but one hour's drive out of e.g. Adelaide and you have bigger, emptier spaces than you'll ever find here in Europe - to some extent scarily empty spaces. Hubby loves it, I like people within the next 10 kilometres.
Old May 19th 2003, 9:55 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Living outside UK not such a bad option. 32 degrees C here in Europe today, very hot and sunny (again! - 3 weeks now!), made lunch on the range in the garden for the outlaw and bro-in-law's family, everything was delicious and I was congratulated for preparing the national dish better than the nationals! Coupla tinnies. Just missing the football but at least got Arsenal-Southampton yesterday.

Cheers - Don (chin up you poor Englanders - soon you'll get barbies galore.)

Don,

Tell us where are you?

Always thought you wwere in the UK.
Old May 19th 2003, 9:56 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sashimi
But honestly, do you really think most people in Britain thinking about emigrating are so stupid as not to know that most of Oz is uninhabited? One can know things about other countries without actually living there, it's not your prerogative. I just get so tired of this attitude, that we're all dumb f###s who know nothing about anything.

Yes most people cluster in certain areas for very specific reasons, but one hour's drive out of e.g. Adelaide and you have bigger, emptier spaces than you'll ever find here in Europe - to some extent scarily empty spaces. Hubby loves it, I like people within the next 10 kilometres.
I like your style shashimi,you have obviously been to sth oz ,we have beaches along our coast line that ,white men have still not walked on , the place has only been seriously settled since 1836,.............mm
Old May 19th 2003, 10:28 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cinderella
Don,

Tell us where are you?

Always thought you wwere in the UK.
Not too far from Vienna.

Cheers - Don
Old May 19th 2003, 11:28 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Not too far from Vienna.

Cheers - Don

Don,

Enjoy your long hot summer then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.