Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good News,, for me at least!

Good News,, for me at least!

Old May 13th 2003, 2:51 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default Good News,, for me at least!

Just noticed The MODL changes in July, and I get the much needed EXTRA points, Ahhhhhhh feel alot better now.
Old May 13th 2003, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

What changes? When were they posted - quicker to ask you just now - sorry

Thanks
Old May 13th 2003, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry

Congrats on the good news
Old May 13th 2003, 2:57 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Skilled Migration Update
On 31 March 2003, the Minister for Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs, Philip Ruddock, announced changes to take effect on 1 July 2003 within the general skilled migration category.

These changes are subject to amendments to the Migration Regulations.

The changes in summary are:

overseas students will be required to have completed at least 2 years study while physically in Australia before they qualify for bonus points or the work experience exemption;

the award of 5 additional points for overseas students who study and reside in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area for at least 2 years;

an increase in the points from 5 to 10 awarded for a skilled occupation on the Migration Occupation in Demand List (MODL) and from 10 to 15 for having a job offer in relation to an occupation on the MODL;

an increase in the points from 5 to 10 awarded for completion of an Australian upper second class Honours (or higher degree) or Masters qualification following completion of an Australian bachelor degree, both obtained while studying in Australia; and

an increase in the points awarded from 10 to 15 for completion of an Australian Doctorate with a minimum of 2 consecutive years of full time study while physically in Australia.
Old May 13th 2003, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that - is the list of jobs on MODL been posted? cos can change - just wondering if hairdressers still on it?!
Old May 13th 2003, 3:02 pm
?????????

The extra 5 points make all the diffrence to me
Old May 13th 2003, 3:05 pm
?????????

The list remains the same, just more points

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/modl.htm
Old May 13th 2003, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Excellent - I knew about the changes but wasnt sure if MODL would have changed - phew glad its the same - we now have a nice little buffer.

Glad to hear your happy. All the best.

rizalan
Old May 13th 2003, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good News,, for me at least!

Same applies for me.
Extra 5 points for having skilled occupation on the Migration Occupation in Demand List (MODL) MODL from 01/07/03.
Hanging on to my visa application until that date.Mind you I will probably be still waiting for my police checks come July!

Diane

Originally posted by paulf
Just noticed The MODL changes in July, and I get the much needed EXTRA points, Ahhhhhhh feel alot better now.
Old May 13th 2003, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

have you had your skills assessed Diane?

Im organising paperwork to send off to TRA for my other half so probably wont apply until July anyway - even longer depending how quick we get assessment back. Should I be waiting until then before I send off for my police checks?

Regards
Old May 13th 2003, 3:11 pm
?????????

You gonna Front load, Diane?
Old May 13th 2003, 3:15 pm
?????????

I presume you,re both Nurses, yes?
Old May 13th 2003, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paulf

I am going to front load with the police checks but not with medicals.The medicals are a lot more expensive. I have had a quote for xrays and they are £25.00 each and our son won't need one as he is only 9yrs.
Waiting for somebody to get back to me rerices for medicals and blood tests. I am budgeting on around £100 per adult and £50 per child

Diane

Originally posted by paulf
You gonna Front load, Diane?
Old May 13th 2003, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

No Im a solicitor and cant get in at least not without great difficulty as would have to requalify etc but easier for Alan - hes a gentleman's barber/hairdresser and he is on the MODL list. What about yourself.
Old May 13th 2003, 3:22 pm
?????????

I can get the points for Air-conditioning, which is handy, cos I was 5 short before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.