Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good news and BAD news!

Good news and BAD news!

Old Mar 8th 2006, 2:29 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good news and BAD news!

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I contacted this jets4pets and they quoted me just over 800 pounds to export Gordon including pet carrier. I have to drop him off myself at heathrow, but I thought it was reasonably priced and they responded to my query the next day.
That is a good price as he's an awfully big cat.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 2:44 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm - think I'll give 'em a bell too - see what sort of rate they'll do us for our pooch Cally.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:46 am
Just Joined

hotpinksugar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Good news is easy, we exchanged contracts on the house today! ...

Now the bad news ...

We have our dog vaccinated last Wednesday and the blood tests done on Monday. After the vaccination we sent the card to Golden Arrow and today I woke to a msg from them telling me to phone straight away!

I phoned them and they said the vaccination he's had is a general booster which includes the Lepto vaccination which a dog CANNOT have to go to Oz. When I took the dog to the vet for his jabs I asked for JUST the ones needed, but forgot to make it clear he CANNOT have this bloody Lepto jab, but he's now had a booster which includes this Lepto vaccination.

So current state of play is we're praying that the fact that the blood test was taken only a few days after it was given, it won't show, but if it does, then doggy cannot go to Oz for god knows how long ...

Doggy can't go, we don't go!

I am soooooooo gutted and feel like a right idiot for not making it so clear to the vet, and at the end of the day it's all my fault!

Gutted.

Gutted gutted gutted!
WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!....we did the very same thing!

I will be finding out on Wednesday from a Homeopath if they can give my dog a remedy to take, that knocks this vaccine out of her system....SO, I will let you know......fingers crossed!!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotpinksugar
WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!....we did the very same thing!

I will be finding out on Wednesday from a Homeopath if they can give my dog a remedy to take, that knocks this vaccine out of her system....SO, I will let you know......fingers crossed!!
Paul is now on his way. There is another thread. Pooch had second blood test and past. Pooch is now in Sydney awaiting daddy
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:45 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Paul is now on his way. There is another thread. Pooch had second blood test and past. Pooch is now in Sydney awaiting daddy
Thanks for that update MP20! I mustve missed the other thread-what a relief for them,great to have a happy ending eh?
Old Mar 21st 2006, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

My dog had the lepto vaccine in November 04 and I had told the vet we would be going to oz then and had a lovely conversation about it as she was australian and she still administered the lepto

So I was really worried when it came to her blood test in Mid March 05 only 4 months after, but it was clear. She is a lurcher. So hopefully it won't be to long for yours.

Jo
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 8:54 am
Just Joined

hotpinksugar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joho
My dog had the lepto vaccine in November 04 and I had told the vet we would be going to oz then and had a lovely conversation about it as she was australian and she still administered the lepto

So I was really worried when it came to her blood test in Mid March 05 only 4 months after, but it was clear. She is a lurcher. So hopefully it won't be to long for yours.

Jo
Thanks joho for your reply, that really has put my mind at rest!