Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good news and BAD news!

Good news and BAD news!

Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good news and BAD news!

Awww me little chicken, listen this will be a long way off in a while. This problem will be in the distance and I'll be having a beer stood next to you laughing about this one. I will be stroking the dog.

All will come good hun, you have waited long enough there must be something you can do.

Are there any vets in the house

hugs Lace xxxx
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:08 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

I will be stroking the dog
:scared:
is that some kind of sexual inuendo,
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:10 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulf
:scared:
is that some kind of sexual inuendo,
well,she does like lipstick...
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL

good grief
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:16 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Good news is easy, we exchanged contracts on the house today! ...

Now the bad news ...

We have our dog vaccinated last Wednesday and the blood tests done on Monday. After the vaccination we sent the card to Golden Arrow and today I woke to a msg from them telling me to phone straight away!

I phoned them and they said the vaccination he's had is a general booster which includes the Lepto vaccination which a dog CANNOT have to go to Oz. When I took the dog to the vet for his jabs I asked for JUST the ones needed, but forgot to make it clear he CANNOT have this bloody Lepto jab, but he's now had a booster which includes this Lepto vaccination.

So current state of play is we're praying that the fact that the blood test was taken only a few days after it was given, it won't show, but if it does, then doggy cannot go to Oz for god knows how long ...

Doggy can't go, we don't go!

I am soooooooo gutted and feel like a right idiot for not making it so clear to the vet, and at the end of the day it's all my fault!

Gutted.

Gutted gutted gutted!
All is not lost, Although why I'm encouraging you to come here is beyond me but here goes....

The blood teta levels after the Lepto jab will normally be below the allowed travel limit within six months, But the government vet can short cut this if you tell him it was from an accidental vaccination jab, He will then do a blood test and get the current teta levels, He then draws blood a month later and so long as the teta levels have dropped he should sign off the dog fit for trave.

This is effectively what happened to us but check it out with the official gov vet first to make sure.

We should have taken it as a sign from the gods not to go……..That was just the start….
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:17 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Now the bad news ...

We have our dog vaccinated last Wednesday and the blood tests done on Monday. After the vaccination we sent the card to Golden Arrow and today I woke to a msg from them telling me to phone straight away!

I phoned them and they said the vaccination he's had is a general booster which includes the Lepto vaccination which a dog CANNOT have to go to Oz. When I took the dog to the vet for his jabs I asked for JUST the ones needed, but forgot to make it clear he CANNOT have this bloody Lepto jab, but he's now had a booster which includes this Lepto vaccination.

So current state of play is we're praying that the fact that the blood test was taken only a few days after it was given, it won't show, but if it does, then doggy cannot go to Oz for god knows how long ...

I am soooooooo gutted and feel like a right idiot for not making it so clear to the vet, and at the end of the day it's all my fault!

Gutted.

Gutted gutted gutted!
We got our dog his boosters (hopefully without the lepto). Vet said that we can get the lepto blood checked earlier (costs about £15 compared to about £50 for the others). If there is a result then it may be possible to give dog a 2 week course of antibiotics which may bring result down.

Not sure if it would help in your situation but you never know.

Cheres

Ginny
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

JayJay 88 will become famous soon enough

Dear Paul and Nic

Anne4Terry had a similar problem which was resolved by a second blood test, I've attached the thread here (hope the link works)

We've got two dogs so I would dread this happening to us. For what its worth, (and I love my dogs dearly) I don't think it would stop us going to Oz if there was no alternative but to leave them here. But I really can't be positive about this unless I was in the situation.
Good luck, I hope it all works out.

Jayne

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344974
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:54 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Sad to read this dude. Especially after your recent house search excitement. Really hope this all sorts itself out for you. Possibly little comfort, but I live my life by "if it's meant to be ....it will be!" All the very best to you . WWW
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:51 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Whats a 'keeper'? (getting worried there)
i think he means that we like you lots!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:10 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
i think he means that we like you lots!
I do! ...

A Kiwi friend always uses this term for 'one to keep, never let go of' ... one forever! ...

Sam IS that ...

Well I've been searching the net for answers, but cannot find them for the life of me!

I've learnt that (if the net is true! ... ) this Lepto vaccination will stay in the dog for 6 - 8 months. Haven't a clue if true, but gonna have to give with that it is. 6 - 8 months is 1) too long for a friend (if there ever was one who could look after him), 2) too much money to keep him in kennels till he was clear, and 3) ....... oh just too long!

A prev person said about anti biotics that can dampen the Lepto, but we mentioned this to GA and they said this was more so with 'older' type vaccinations and will do nothing with a current booster ...

One thing of 'possible' use is that I've read that dogs coming from NZ - Oz don't have to be checked for Lepto! ... hmmm, can my kiwi friend have him for a short while and send him over ?!?

Oh I dunno, clutching at straws again!

Crossing fingers for the blood test results is all I can do I think.

Nic said earlier that we've come to far too be held back because of the dog (and she loves him as much as I do) and I simply had to stop her there, I can't go there!

What a cock up! ...
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:12 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
"if it's meant to be ....it will be!"
Indeed! ...
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:48 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Now the bad news ...

Gutted.

Gutted gutted gutted!
Oh shit mate. I'm absolutely gutted for you. These forms can be confusing though so don't be too hard on yourself. I cocked up on something to do with the dog, but it wasn't that major, just cost me more money.

When do the results get back? Golden Arrow are great though mate, they'll have some advice for you and you could always leave him with them until he gets clear. They're place is great. I know easier said than done though!

Rachel x
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Paul,

I know how much you love that dog, but don't beat yourself up too much till you get the results, it might not even show, this is just one of life's little hurdles, can't be all plain sailing, not even for you , there will be a way around it, and its going to be one of those stories you'll be telling when you live in OZ!!!

You have come a long way to get this far, don't give up this easy

Stay positive and it will work out

Lisa x
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Welshie
Oh shit mate. I'm absolutely gutted for you. These forms can be confusing though so don't be too hard on yourself. I cocked up on something to do with the dog, but it wasn't that major, just cost me more money.

When do the results get back? Golden Arrow are great though mate, they'll have some advice for you and you could always leave him with them until he gets clear. They're place is great. I know easier said than done though!

Rachel x
Hi Rachel, yeah the forms CAN be confusing, but I WAS well aware of the Lepto and even posted saying to someone that you HAVE to make sure you don't have this damn Lepto, that's why I feel so bad that it ends up being MY dog that ends up fudged!

If it was money, I'd happily pay it to get him over, but from what I gather a dog with it in him / her is simply not goin to Oz till they're clear! ... this can take months!! ...

GA reckon the Lepto is done first and 'might' be back now, will phone the vets and if needed where the tests are done tomorrow to check.

As to leaving him with them till clear, well this 'could' be 8 months, and I don't know the price per day for boarding, but also 8 months IS a long time! ...

I can handle 5 weeks for 'normal' getting him over, but 8 months is ......

I dunno.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 2:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Paul,

I know how much you love that dog, but don't beat yourself up too much till you get the results, it might not even show, this is just one of life's little hurdles, can't be all plain sailing, not even for you , there will be a way around it, and its going to be one of those stories you'll be telling when you live in OZ!!!

You have come a long way to get this far, don't give up this easy

Stay positive and it will work out

Lisa x
Cheers Lisa, I wouldn't be THIS far without you ...

Just gutted that it's something soooo stupid and yet it might turn out soooo serious! ... it REALLY shouldn't of happened! ...

I'm crossing fingers that the blood tests come back negative, but not too sure where we go if positive. GA say you can do another test at 14 days, but also say it's almost definite it'll be higher as the vaccine has just gone in.

I dunno, never do! ... but he IS part of the family and I can't go without him ...

Came this far and all the rest, but I can't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.