Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good Morning from the Centenary Suburbs

Good Morning from the Centenary Suburbs

Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice
Default Good Morning from the Centenary Suburbs

hello and good morning from the centenary suburbs,Brisbane. the sun is shining, the parrots are chirping in the garden and the bins have just been emptied!!

was wondering if there is anyone in the area?

fancy a chat

Bev
Old Nov 30th 2005, 5:11 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Morning from the Centenary Suburbs

Originally Posted by beebopaloola
hello and good morning from the centenary suburbs,Brisbane. the sun is shining, the parrots are chirping in the garden and the bins have just been emptied!!

was wondering if there is anyone in the area?

fancy a chat

Bev
Hi Bev,

We live about 20 minutes away from you, in Anstead. We finally moved into our new house about 8 weeks ago. How long have you been here?

Jane
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Hi Bev,

We live about 20 minutes away from you, in Anstead. We finally moved into our new house about 8 weeks ago. How long have you been here?

Jane
hi jane
we have been here about 10 weeks now. just settling in.
have you suffered with the rain?? reports of flooding in some areas.
how long have you been here? have you got sorted in the new house??
i am waiting for my container to arrive on monday so i can unload all the junk i packed from UK... i know some will end up on ebay / charity donation....
Bev..
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:55 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

hi jane
we have been here about 10 weeks now. just settling in.
have you suffered with the rain?? reports of flooding in some areas.
how long have you been here? have you got sorted in the new house??
i am waiting for my container to arrive on monday so i can unload all the junk i packed from UK... i know some will end up on ebay / charity donation....
Bev..
Hi Bev,

We live in a highset queenslander and we haven't got the drainage sorted yet so whenever we get heavy rain we end up with huge puddles under and around the house. Luckily there's nothing down there but it stays very muddy for a while after. It also encourages the weeds to grow so we're surrounded by giant weeds and a mud lake! Thats the trouble with building here, you get the house but nothing else.

We're coming up to our 2 year anniversary, but we've only just finally unpacked as we were renting before.

You'll soon be coming up to the brick wall that most people hit where you're thinking "oh my God! What have we done!" It seems to get most 3 months in. I hit it a little earlier when our stuff got delayed and I couldn't find any vegetarian food in the supermarket! Let me know if you need any support.

Take care,
Jane
Old Dec 1st 2005, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Hi Bev,

We live in a highset queenslander and we haven't got the drainage sorted yet so whenever we get heavy rain we end up with huge puddles under and around the house. Luckily there's nothing down there but it stays very muddy for a while after. It also encourages the weeds to grow so we're surrounded by giant weeds and a mud lake! Thats the trouble with building here, you get the house but nothing else.

We're coming up to our 2 year anniversary, but we've only just finally unpacked as we were renting before.

You'll soon be coming up to the brick wall that most people hit where you're thinking "oh my God! What have we done!" It seems to get most 3 months in. I hit it a little earlier when our stuff got delayed and I couldn't find any vegetarian food in the supermarket! Let me know if you need any support.

Take care,
Jane
i am dreading the container and all the boxes :scared:
husband has already hit the wall!!!!
but is improving each day, as work gets better....
we hope to be buying somewhere in around 2 years as we will have settled in by then.
thanks for the offer of support, a chat sometime would be nice (tips for fitting in)
do you shop at Mt Omaney??
Bev
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:29 pm
Born to be ignored

i am dreading the container and all the boxes :scared:
husband has already hit the wall!!!!
but is improving each day, as work gets better....
we hope to be buying somewhere in around 2 years as we will have settled in by then.
thanks for the offer of support, a chat sometime would be nice (tips for fitting in)
do you shop at Mt Omaney??
Bev
Hi Bev,

I've sent you a PM.

Jane