Good luck Visa

Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:44 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default Good luck Visa

After what has seemed like an age getting all the paperwork and documentation together we are finally ready to send our visa application off. I'm sitting here at work staring at the envolop waiting for Mr Fedex to come and pick it up. Both me and the misses have given it good luck kisses, and it has got me wondering what other people did with their visa applications prior to sending it off to hopefully bring you good luck.

Come on expats lets find out some of the weird and wonderfull things you done to your applications in the hope of it bring some extra good luck.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

Not enough it would seem as we're still waiting
Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:50 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good luck Visa

Originally posted by elksa
After what has seemed like an age getting all the paperwork and documentation together we are finally ready to send our visa application off. I'm sitting here at work staring at the envolop waiting for Mr Fedex to come and pick it up. Both me and the misses have given it good luck kisses, and it has got me wondering what other people did with their visa applications prior to sending it off to hopefully bring you good luck.

Come on expats lets find out some of the weird and wonderfull things you done to your applications in the hope of it bring some extra good luck.

Well, I seem to remember someone saying something about putting an elephant (that'll be a toy elephant, of course) in the front window of your house, with its foot on a penny.....
Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:53 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

I have to wait 2/3 years before i can start my visa application...

The thought of waiting is hard at least for me i know i have plenty of time im still 22, but i wish i just could pack my bags and go at this very moment.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:57 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Boomerang

The thought of waiting is hard at least for me i know i have plenty of time im still 22, but i wish i just could pack my bags and go at this very moment.
Know the feeling....been waiting since I was 22! That's five years of planning. It's a bit draining.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:05 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

Horrible isn't it, It's taken me a year to get to this point as we've had to go through the courts to get the neccessary paperwork to take my step son out of the country and wait for me to complete the 3 years work experience I needed in order to reach the required points.

One small consolation Boomerang is that you may have made as many posts as bundy by the time your ready to go.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:06 pm
She's a bird, you know

One small consolation Boomerang is that you may have made as many posts as bundy by the time your ready to go.

LOL!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:10 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Tell me about it, and it feels like time is dragging :scared: I know i should have a bit more pacience, good things come to those who wait, but its bloody hard... But at least i will be prepared by that time. Anyway im planning a trip downunder during Jan/Feb to have a look around the place having a feeling for it although i know a bit of Brisbane, i have been there before.

Will try and post some photos when i was there on holidays, later on this afternoon.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:12 pm
G'day Mate

LOLOLOL elksa That was good
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I spent the beginning of this morning sneakily copying all of the items we are sending with our application then the nice man from UPS came and took our application away at 10.30 . Now I'm constantly checking their tracking site although it says nothing at present.

We celebrated completing everything for the application and telling our parents last night with a bottle of bubbly and at the moment are madly DIYing in the evenings so we can put the house on the market (the other half fancies renting in Central London for a few months before we leave and we're both worried that the London housing market will start dropping).

Now were just hopnig that the application process doesn't take tooooooooooooooo long (136 not MODL).
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:57 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

Originally posted by spottydog
I spent the beginning of this morning sneakily copying all of the items we are sending with our application then the nice man from UPS came and took our application away at 10.30 . Now I'm constantly checking their tracking site although it says nothing at present.

We celebrated completing everything for the application and telling our parents last night with a bottle of bubbly and at the moment are madly DIYing in the evenings so we can put the house on the market (the other half fancies renting in Central London for a few months before we leave and we're both worried that the London housing market will start dropping).

Now were just hopnig that the application process doesn't take tooooooooooooooo long (136 not MODL).
Are you using an agent or have you sent it directly to DIMIA? We're in exactly the same boat as you stottydog, mine might actually be lodged a few days after yours because I've sent mine to our agaent so that they can include the skills assesment stuff, etc...

Would you keep me informed of how your application is going and I'll do the same. Where abouts are you heading for? and currently based? I see your from the same neck of the woods as us (essex). Did you front end load your application? From what I understand DIMIA are requesting med's and police checks within a week or two of lodging your application.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:59 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

LOLOLOL elksa That was good
Keep your spirits up. Like some wise man said earlier in this post "all good things come to those who wait"
Old Jul 28th 2004, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Are you using an agent or have you sent it directly to DIMIA? We're in exactly the same boat as you stottydog, mine might actually be lodged a few days after yours because I've sent mine to our agaent so that they can include the skills assesment stuff, etc...

Would you keep me informed of how your application is going and I'll do the same. Where abouts are you heading for? and currently based? I see your from the same neck of the woods as us (essex). Did you front end load your application? From what I understand DIMIA are requesting med's and police checks within a week or two of lodging your application.
I didn't use an agent since our application was pretty straight forward (both or us are IT professionals who got 60 point skills assessments and we have no kids, medical conditions or police records) so I sent all the paperwork to DIMIA directly, 155 pages in total.

I haven't front loaded since I thought it wasn't worth it and by getting the request for medicals from them at least I know they've looked at it. How about you?

We're in Loughton which is just in Essex by the junction of the M11 and M25 and are planning to head to Sydney as we both grew up by the sea and are keen divers but work in the city. What about you?

I'll keep you updated on any progress.

Anne
Old Jul 28th 2004, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

pmntchambers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good luck Visa

Our application was sent by special delivery on Saturday and would have arrived in London before 12 on Monday. My husband and I both wished our application lots of luck.

It's only been two days but the next few weeks/months are going to drag. Everytime I see a magpie - I have to look for the second - silly I know!!!

Good luck!