Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good Family Hotels in Singapore

Good Family Hotels in Singapore

Old Jul 30th 2011, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

abertawe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good Family Hotels in Singapore

Looking at staying in Singapore for three nights.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel (ideally on a reasonable budget). Must have a good swimming pool.

Cheers
Old Jul 30th 2011, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all
Default Re: Good Family Hotels in Singapore

Originally Posted by abertawe

Can anyone recommend a good hotel (ideally on a reasonable budget). Must have a good swimming pool.

Cheers
Shangri-la,The Regent,Concord and Traders just to name afew.You will be hard pushed to find a bad hotel there.

Enjoy your time there
Old Jul 30th 2011, 10:22 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Good Family Hotels in Singapore

Cheers
My sister, spouse and 4 kids and in-laws take an annual trip from the UK to Oz every year. They always stay at the Orchard Parade Hotel as it has very large family rooms and suites.

I've recently moved from Singapore and I did call in to see them at the OP hotel (they were on a 1 night stopover and didn't want me to go to the trouble of making up beds for them all just for the one night....they had a corner room (sister, spouse and 3 kids, their eldest stayed in another room with the grandparents) and I was amazed at how large and spacious the room was....it had minor scratch marks on some of the furniture but they weren't bothered. The hotel is an a v. good location too.

The hotel has a website:

http://www.fareasthospitality.com/ho...aspx?page=home
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

DhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud ofDhakaBoy has much to be proud of

Cheers
Shangri La. Right in the middle of Sanosa Island, non-stop fun for the kids. Its not cheap (standard rooms used to cost around 150 pound) , but you get your money's worth.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Probably the best ones I've stayed in for kids is either the Swissotel Stamford which has a great pool area including one for kids, it's very central being right next to the MRT and a shopping mall inc a supermarket. The Pan Pacific is also good but more pricey or you could look at the Swissotel Merchant Court which also has a nice pool area inc kids which is at Clarke Quay.

However, really anything 4 star in Singapore tends to be good but if you are only there for 3 days then I think Sentosa is a bit far out if you want to do some sight seeing as well. If you can squeeze it in the zoo is probably the best animal attraction there, if you want to do the Night Safari as well see what the weather is like as the last time we went it was soooo hot and humid it wasn't pleasant so I can imagine it wouldn't be comfortable for the wee ones.

The exchange rate with the A$ is slightly better than normal at the moment, it does tend to be fairly stable but the pound has got worse since we were there a couple of months back so making it now very expensive, if you've got some of that left over useless currency available! Last year I booked with a UK travel company and got a really good deal inc breakfast which no one else was doing (expect to pay around S$80 plus for hotel buffet brekki for 2, which is why it's good to get it included!!) but I'm guessing with the bad exchange rate these won't be so good this year.

You can look at the hotel's website direct as quite often they will have some good deals going a couple of months in advance, I got an amazing deal on the hotel we stayed in this year direct (I wouldn't recommend it for very small children though) so it's worth shopping around. Another tip is to try and stay over a weekend as the rates are lower.

Hope this helps!
Old Jul 31st 2011, 7:30 am
Just Joined

chris-nicola-ellie. is an unknown quantity at this point

We stayed at the rendevouz, highly recommended.