Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The good byes, driving licence abd Allied Pickfords

The good byes, driving licence abd Allied Pickfords

Old Feb 13th 2005, 3:36 am
PJK
Forum Regular

PJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant futurePJK has a brilliant future
Smile The good byes, driving licence abd Allied Pickfords

Dear All

I would just like to add some info for all you still in the planning stage:

1. The goodbyes are one of the hardest things you will have to do especially to family. It was much harder than we ever imagined. Be prepared!

2. Allied Pickfords were fantastic (In our experience) Each end was flawless and the goods arrived without a breakage or anything missing exactly 8 weeks from pick up in the UK. I know other people may have had bad experiences but for us they were extremely good.

3. Good news regarding the driving licence conversion in that in Perth the procedure has changed and all you do is visit an office show your UK driving licence and passport, fill in a form, take an eye test, have your photo taken and that's it. It took me about 3 hours in all but no therory (or pratical test). I believe there used to ne a theory for Brits.

One month in we are getting there slowly and it is nice to have our stuff

Good luck to all

PJK