Reload this Page >

Good British Indian style restaurant Perth

Good British Indian style restaurant Perth

Old Jan 17th 2013, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Mickey-T will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Good British Indian style restaurant Perth

Originally Posted by northernbird
I tried it and thought it was just as crap as most of the other places I have tried. Was quite excited about having a british style chicken tikka biriyani. It was absolutely rank and nothing like back in the UK. The rice was like microwave rice and the jalfrezi was revolting.

Sorry.
I'm shocked!!

Just shows we are all different. I can't comment on biryani, as I've never had one in my life.............BUT

I know at least 30 people that have tried this place and 100% were very happy, and are all repeat customers. Where you from northernbird? I'm a Manc, and to me, it's just like back home. I did leave UK in 1996 so maybe things have changed over there, i don't know.

Six of us went and ate in there tonight and everyone was more than pleased. We all agreed it's the BEST in Perth. The naan bread is among the best I've ever tasted.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 2:15 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mickey-T
I'm shocked!!

Just shows we are all different. I can't comment on biryani, as I've never had one in my life.............BUT

I know at least 30 people that have tried this place and 100% were very happy, and are all repeat customers. Where you from northernbird? I'm a Manc, and to me, it's just like back home. I did leave UK in 1996 so maybe things have changed over there, i don't know.

Six of us went and ate in there tonight and everyone was more than pleased. We all agreed it's the BEST in Perth. The naan bread is among the best I've ever tasted.
Just shows we are all different. I won't be returning.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I don't think anyone has ever really stated EXACTLY, qualititively, why Australia Indian is not as good as the British stuff - (although NB tells us that the rice was microwaved!)

I had a UK curry in 2008, and it wasn't a big deal.. and I couldn't remember what the Australian stuff tasted like so had no comparison... I can point to particular places here serving up better stuff than elsewhere but I find it hard to say why (and I won't complain about it). Presentation even.

It's meat or vegetables in a spicy gravy in the main..
I have a theory regarding the "quality" and authenticity of Indian (and Chinese) restaurants here in Australia... And it relates to the Australian immigration criteria.... Over many years...

In the uk we never had immigration policies that stopped so called "unskilled" migration from other cultures....and the bringing of extended families... Who also worked .... Cooking traditional asian/indian food doesn't require a tertiary education... It doesnt require A pass at any level of the IELTS... It isn't a skill in demand....

Go figure...
Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eddie007
I have a theory regarding the "quality" and authenticity of Indian (and Chinese) restaurants here in Australia... And it relates to the Australian immigration criteria.... Over many years...

In the uk we never had immigration policies that stopped so called "unskilled" migration from other cultures....and the bringing of extended families... Who also worked .... Cooking traditional asian/indian food doesn't require a tertiary education... It doesnt require A pass at any level of the IELTS... It isn't a skill in demand....

Go figure...
In UK, certainly in the Manchester area, most Chinese places are/were Cantonese, whereas in this part of the world a lot of the immigrants are mainland Chinese, or Malaysians etc, so it will taste different.

Likewise, most Indian restaurants here are owned by Indians. in UK 90 % of "Indian" restaurants are run by Pakistani or Bangladeshi owners. Traditional Indian food is based on fried tomato and onion pastes or "gravies" whereas Bangladeshi/Pakistani food (adapted for the UK market) are based on a different gravy where onions, peppers, carrots, garlic, ginger etc is boiled and liquidised to make a base gravy. This is the style of cooking used at the Kingsley shop, I know because I've seen it done, I know one of the owners.

This is the style of food that we are used to in UK. It is not authentic Indian, but we Brits like it, and to the best of my knowledge, they are the only restaurant doing this style of cooking in Perth. Try it, if you like UK food, I'm sure you'll be impressed. Obviously not everyone will like it (northernbird), but as I said, I know at least 30 people that have tried it, and they ALL loved it.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

You never answered the question where you were from northernbird. We was discussing this tonight (with a few mates over a few beers, and a few curries) and we all came to the conclusion that

A: You are a phony
B: You don't know what you're talking about
C: You are in direct competition.

Another excellent takeaway meal tonight. If you can say that the Jalfrezi is "revolting" I' am guessing all 3 options. It is a 100% clone of a northern style Jal and is bang on every time, including tonight.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:41 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

You never answered the question where you were from northernbird. We was discussing this tonight (with a few mates over a few beers, and a few curries) and we all came to the conclusion that

A: You are a phony
B: You don't know what you're talking about
C: You are in direct competition.

Another excellent takeaway meal tonight. If you can say that the Jalfrezi is "revolting" I' am guessing all 3 options. It is a 100% clone of a northern style Jal and is bang on every time, including tonight.
I was born in Preston, lived north of Lancaster before moving South to London, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Canada and then Perth 7 years ago.

Got a few beers in you this evening to be such a twat!
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

I was born in Preston, lived north of Lancaster before moving South to London, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Canada and then Perth 7 years ago.

Got a few beers in you this evening to be such a twat!
Well that explains it then

"B" is the correct answer, your taste buds are all over the place.

Hey, call me what ever you like, but my mate has re-mortgaged his house to set up this business, and for you to come out with comments like "revolting" on a public forum is very unfair. Especially when everybody i know loves the food. Only time will tell if they succeed. I am 100% sure that they will and wish them all the luck in the world.

You sound like a very bitter person NB. I am glad that you won't be returning, as that means I won't be bumping into you. I will not stoop to your level at insults. i wish you luck in finding a curry house to suit your very confused tastebuds.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:54 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Hey, call me what ever you like, but my mate has re-mortgaged his house to set up this business, and for you to come out with comments like "revolting" on a public forum is very unfair. Especially when everybody i know loves the food. Only time will tell if they succeed. I am 100% sure that they will and wish them all the luck in the world.

You sound like a very bitter person NB. I am glad that you won't be returning, as that means I won't be bumping into you. I will not stoop to your level at insults. i wish you luck in finding a curry house to suit your very confused tastebuds.
I wish them all the luck in the world, boring old world if we all thought the same. If they don't like bad reviews then they need to develop a thicker skin as not everyone will like their food. I am not bitter, I didn't like their food, end of. I prefer Thai, Vietnamese and Chinese food to be honest but I did enjoy a UK Biryani and was hoping it would be the same but alas as every other curry house I have been too it wasn't.

As you starting the insults by calling me a phony and telling me I didn't know what I was talking about I felt quite justified in called you a ****, I haven't changed my mind.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

I wish them all the luck in the world, boring old world if we all thought the same. If they don't like bad reviews then they need to develop a thicker skin as not everyone will like their food. I am not bitter, I didn't like their food, end of. I prefer Thai, Vietnamese and Chinese food to be honest but I did enjoy a UK Biryani and was hoping it would be the same but alas as every other curry house I have been too it wasn't.

As you starting the insults by calling me a phony and telling me I didn't know what I was talking about I felt quite justified in called you a ****, I haven't changed my mind.
I didn't start any isults, I was simply reporting the conclusion that me and my mates came to tonight............call it beer and curry talk if you wish. If you think I'm a ****, I will happily take that on the chin, as I never, ever hope to meet you, I will still refrain from stooping to your level though as I have never met you, so will not draw any conclusions.

I can't believe I have got involved on a saddo forum like this. Goodnight, god bless, over and out. I'll just go back to me normal life, with real people.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 6:08 pm
Gutter Gob!!

I didn't start any isults, I was simply reporting the conclusion that me and my mates came to tonight............call it beer and curry talk if you wish. If you think I'm a ****, I will happily take that on the chin, as I never, ever hope to meet you, I will still refrain from stooping to your level though as I have never met you, so will not draw any conclusions.

I can't believe I have got involved on a saddo forum like this. Goodnight, god bless, over and out. I'll just go back to me normal life, with real people.
That's fine, I have no problem what a group of pissed up pommy blokes think of me. Sweet dreams
Old Jan 19th 2013, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Reread some of your posts.You have called at least one place crap on a public forum.If Nb didn't like it,she didn't like it.Simple.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

With so few posts in so many years you're not exactly involved now are you?

I went to a curry house that is usually EXCELLENT down my way.... chef was on a night off and I had one of the worst curries in my life...

If that had been my sole experience I would never have gone back.... Even for the caterpillar in the salad....

Best you do jog along if the only thing you do when you are here is insult people who don't agree with you.... It's a forum for discussion... Not an advertising site... And if you put it out here you may find people disagree...

Meanwhile... A decent curry in the Perth area? Spices on the ocean...rocky foreshore.... MOST of the time...
Old Jan 19th 2013, 11:49 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Apologies guys for the personal comments, couldn't sleep and was a bit grouchy at being called a phoney!!

However, still stand by my comments about the food I ate and if the restaurant owners can't cope with bad reviews they need to develop a thicker skin or find a different job!
Old Jan 20th 2013, 12:20 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The most brazen attempt at free advertising I've ever seen! Mickey T starts off by bemoaning the lack of a good 'British Indian', then proceeds to say how every suggested restaurant isn't up to standard, then VOILA!! - he stumbles across this fantastic, authentic, blah blah blah 'British Indian' and sings its praises over and over again. Gradually we learn that he knows the owner. Then we learn that he knows the owner so well that he's privy to the fact that he remortgaged his house to open this fantastic 'British Indian'. And the name of this restaurant? Why, 'British Indian', of course!!

Sorry the 'saddo forum' didn't deliver the burst of business you wanted, Mickey. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 12:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The most brazen attempt at free advertising I've ever seen! Mickey T starts off by bemoaning the lack of a good 'British Indian', then proceeds to say how every suggested restaurant isn't up to standard, then VOILA!! - he stumbles across this fantastic, authentic, blah blah blah 'British Indian' and sings its praises over and over again. Gradually we learn that he knows the owner. Then we learn that he knows the owner so well that he's privy to the fact that he remortgaged his house to open this fantastic 'British Indian'. And the name of this restaurant? Why, 'British Indian', of course!!

Sorry the 'saddo forum' didn't deliver the burst of business you wanted, Mickey. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.
I wouldn't advise others not to try it, was just being honest about my experience. That's what living in a world of free speech allows me to do.

Go try the British Indian in Kingsley, you might like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.