Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

good or bad?going back forum?

good or bad?going back forum?

Old Apr 8th 2007, 7:57 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default good or bad?going back forum?

i have been a member of this forum now for well over a year,i was wondering ,

is it a mistake not to have read the going back forum..??

has anyone else been scared to look in there?

thanks ..

ast
Old Apr 8th 2007, 8:18 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: good or bad?going back forum?

Originally Posted by aston man

thanks ..

ast
No I thought it was essential reading

Kim
Old Apr 8th 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Nizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud of

thanks ..

ast
Wow Ast - you really are having a bad case of the wobbles today aren't you

Just remember why you started all this ! - Something to do with a better quality of life for you and your family. A brighter future for the kids!

You tell me Ast?
Everything WILL be fine - You are about too embark on a most wonderful adventure with your family - enjoy

Karma coming your way from an Ozzie wanna be

Hugs Niz.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 8:30 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Its the dark side of the force......beware
Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:51 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

thanks ..

ast
I think everyone should read it... You can get a really good idea of what some people have found difficult and why they haven't managed to settle, etc... Forewarned forearmed, etc...
Old Apr 8th 2007, 10:01 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say it's one of the best ways of ensuring that you don't adopt rose tinted glasses without realising it's happening.

Just remember why people post there (their motivations) and take some of it with a pinch of salt.

But it's a good counterbalance to some of the crap posted in here.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks ..

ast
Hi Ast

I was like that for a very long time, in fact still very rarely go there

I read a similar thread to yours a while ago and the same advice was given, a must to read then you can get an insight as to why people didn't like oz/didn't settle etc.

I still find it a bit scarey but must make a mental note to check it out more often.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 12:39 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

You have to remember that they are all, for what ever reasons, very unhappy here and when you are unhappy somewhere its very diffficult to see the good in anything.

I read it before i came and i still read it now, it helps to put thing in perspective (sp) and i feeel very lucky that we have settled here.

Sam
Old Apr 9th 2007, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by asher
No I thought it was essential reading

Kim

Ditto - worth going in - seeing whats said- how it works out in your own mind. I certainly didn't get swayed - quite the opposite in fact.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

thanks ..

ast
I say, read it, if you dare
seriously, i read it sometimes, but i must admit i get a bit homesick when i do, but like to contribute, you must remember that just because some settle into their new life , some dont find it so easy and feeling homesick is just the worse feeling. BUT saying that if you are having a bad day, probably not recommended you go on there.
Denise
Old Apr 9th 2007, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

I love the moving back forum! and I am an Aussie. All come's down to realising there are two sides to every coin, and some of those people have very valid observations of Australia. Even though I love Aus and am making my third move interstate I realise it's not perfect.
Only problem for me is after this move to Hobart there will not be anywhere further south I can go! (I like the cold)
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:05 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I say everyone should read it. I know it's scary in there sometimes, there are some very raw feelings flying around.

But at least you will be more aware of the negatives and that this place isn't all about barbi's and the beach.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think you just need to remember that most posters in there are unhappy in Aus (or wherever), for whatever reason, and so don't see much good in the plcae, while most posters in the AUs forum are the opposite.
A balanced reading of each can give you a balanced view....maybe
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think you just need to remember that most posters in there are unhappy in Aus (or wherever), for whatever reason, and so don't see much good in the plcae, while most posters in the AUs forum are the opposite.
A balanced reading of each can give you a balanced view....maybe
That's true. I find if you put it all in perspective it all becomes clear.
90pc of the reported issues are rectifiable or an non-issue for many others. Take
away the personal stuff and you just have people rather miffed with their decision. It could happen to anyone but I do think there are high risk groups.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:55 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: good or bad?going back forum?

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It could happen to anyone but I do think there are high risk groups.
What would be your definition of high risk groups Badge? Apart from the obvious ie people who depend on family for stuff all the time...

Buzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.