Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Golfing Question

Golfing Question

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about
Default Golfing Question

Hi guys

Just a wee question about transferring your handicap from the UK to Australia

1. can you do it?
2. Do you need proof from your club, if so what?
3. No you cant do it, you need to put 3 cards in?

Thanks

Bill
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:59 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golfing Question

Originally Posted by BillnLinz

1. can you do it?
Don't know the real answer but I would have thought the best answer would be to take in a few rounds at your leisure and hand 3 cards in
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by wmoore
Don't know the real answer but I would have thought the best answer would be to take in a few rounds at your leisure and hand 3 cards in

Cheers Wayne

Will probably end up having to do that, dont know where we are going to settle yet in Brissy, but hopefully its near a half decent golf course for me!!

Bill
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 8:48 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

1. can you do it?

Thanks

Bill
Dunno about your answer.... but I have a handicap... its called me
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siren
Dunno about your answer.... but I have a handicap... its called me

Cheers Brian

I am also known to play golf like i have a handicap

Bill
Old Mar 24th 2005, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

I take it there are not much golfers on this forum....
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

I can't give you a definate answer on transferring your handicap, but I would have thought that a letter from the handicap secretary at your current club would be enough. Worst case is you need to put in 3 cards.

Being a very keen golfer myself, I can recommend www.iseekgolf.com as an excellent Australian based golf forum. It is a good place to go to read up on different courses and possibly to arrange a few rounds with people in your area.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenandPam
I can't give you a definate answer on transferring your handicap, but I would have thought that a letter from the handicap secretary at your current club would be enough. Worst case is you need to put in 3 cards.

Being a very keen golfer myself, I can recommend www.iseekgolf.com as an excellent Australian based golf forum. It is a good place to go to read up on different courses and possibly to arrange a few rounds with people in your area.
That sounds right. If you can choose your future golf course now, a talk to them as well would help. But a letter from your current club, and 3 score-cards should do it. If its good though, they'll probably have a waiting list, so get your name down asap.

Let me know what course and club you choose! I really should get into golf again, haven't had the time to research it though,

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 24th 2005, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
That sounds right. If you can choose your future golf course now, a talk to them as well would help. But a letter from your current club, and 3 score-cards should do it. If its good though, they'll probably have a waiting list, so get your name down asap.

Let me know what course and club you choose! I really should get into golf again, haven't had the time to research it though,

Cheers,
JTL

Cheers JTL

Not sure what area we are going to be staying in so will have to see what we are up to when we get over

Being from north east Scotland, we have some of the best courses in the world on my door step, so I hope the Oz ones are as good, but down side if they are they will probably cost an arm and a leg to join!!!

Will let you know when we get over and maybe we can arrange a game.

Bill
Old Mar 24th 2005, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BenandPam

Cheers Ben (i presume)

Will try the site out and report back, 3 cards on a sundrenched golf course, hardly the worst thing in life!!!

Bill
Old Mar 24th 2005, 10:58 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Ben (i presume)

Will try the site out and report back, 3 cards on a sundrenched golf course, hardly the worst thing in life!!!

Bill

I posted a golf question some time ago and got bugger all reponse. We should be going over this summer, I plan to do my first few job applications in red crayon so I can have a few months of golf before settling down to work again. You do know all your clubs and shoes etc must be thoroughly cleaned before you go to Oz don't you ?
Old Mar 27th 2005, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by baconmaster
I posted a golf question some time ago and got bugger all reponse. We should be going over this summer, I plan to do my first few job applications in red crayon so I can have a few months of golf before settling down to work again. You do know all your clubs and shoes etc must be thoroughly cleaned before you go to Oz don't you ?

Yes know about how clean the aussies want our stuff to be, got a lot of divots to clean off the clubs, may take a while!! :scared:
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Brizbound will become famous soon enoughBrizbound will become famous soon enough

I successfully transferred my UK handicap with a letter from my UK club. However this may have been due to an obliging handicap secretary at this end.

I believe that to get a handicap without takes 5 cards, not three. See golflink.com.au for information about the Aus. system which allows most clubs to be loinked and therefore a round anywhere to count.