Golf Clubs

Old Jul 27th 2003, 6:30 am
New Zealand Bound

rickandkara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Golf Clubs

My husband really wants to take his golf clubs when we migratew to New Zealand. How can we do this?????
Old Jul 27th 2003, 12:53 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golf Clubs

Originally posted by rickandkara
My husband really wants to take his golf clubs when we migratew to New Zealand. How can we do this?????
put them in the container.....seriously make sure they are clean [no soil] and this includes golf shoes,[if there in the bag] and get the guys to note on the inventory how many clubs are in the bag....other wise www.grace.com.au......nzpage...... MM
Old Jul 27th 2003, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

pay fifteen pounds to the air line and take them when you fly
Old Jul 27th 2003, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are flying with malaysian airlines you can take them onboard free
Old Jul 27th 2003, 9:13 pm
New Zealand Bound

Do customs at the airport not bother with the policy? I would have thought the same regulation apply.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 10:44 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Do customs at the airport not bother with the policy? I would have thought the same regulation apply.
I have clubs to take as well. I think the same policy will apply at the airport as would happen for a container. The following might be an indicator:

We visited NZ in April with 2 pairs of hiking boots which we had to declare. At 10pm the night before we flew out I remembered them and gave them a quick scrub. It was not enough - we had to show them specifically to Customs at Auckland airport, and they were not clean enough. They took them aside and cleaned them with some fancy equipment, and we got them back about 15min later. Presumably the same would apply for golf clubs, and it might be easier to follow this procedure at the airport than to have them in the middle of a container.

But presumably your removal company can advise on this - they get paid enough don't they...

ps. always check your travel agent has left you enough transit time at Auckland airport. In general it is quick to get through, but our agent got it wrong and even when rushing through the 15min delay mentioned above meant we well and truly missed our internal flight. The domestic terminal is a 10-15 min walk away or alternatively a coach transfer. But hey - we got our boots cleaned for free.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 11:19 am
New Zealand Bound

Southerner

We intend to immigrate in October, therefore I suggest you take your clubs on the plane with you and if you get to keep yours we'll take ours on the plane. If for some reason they get taken off you or you get charged a fortune to clean them we'll find another method of transporation.

Thanks
Kara

:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Southerner

We intend to immigrate in October, therefore I suggest you take your clubs on the plane with you and if you get to keep yours we'll take ours on the plane. If for some reason they get taken off you or you get charged a fortune to clean them we'll find another method of transporation.

Thanks
Kara
The same regulation will apply, so just give them a good scrub/steam-clean as you would with shipping. As long as all traces of dirt are off & inside the bag is clean - you should be Ok.
It would be the same whatever way you send them.
(Apparently the smell of Jeyes fluid helps!)

Gra..