British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Goldfish - don't laugh (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/goldfish-dont-laugh-584179/)

Wol Jan 16th 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Goldfish - don't laugh

Originally Posted by carolinephillips (Post 7175411)
You are just trawling for laughs aren't you???:p

I think we're scaling the heights of the lowest form of wit and should perhaps fin-nish?

Looking forward to Oz Jan 16th 2009 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Icarus (Post 7166355)
Does this work for humans too ? anyone know ?

tequilla or the freezer?! Yes to both!!

Looking forward to Oz Jan 16th 2009 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by carolinephillips (Post 7168689)
There are some sick people out there.:(

Does she have a good friend who could look after her goldfish? We used to look after a friend's hamster when they went away. I know it would be long term, in your case, but you could update via e-mail on the fish's health. It also gives her an excuse to keep in touch with friends.

Not necessarily long term - the friend who would adopt April could dispose of her once you've left the country and your kid would be non the wiser. Problem solved. Saves burdening your friend with a fish that could live for years.

viviennef Jan 16th 2009 8:36 pm

Wheres the fish - send her to my mother in Wales?

Our last fish (stinky) lasted 22 years and my mother cried for about a week when he died. Her step sister died the next week - not a blink. I said how you can cry so much about a fish and not about your sister but she said she saw her fish every day..........

Vivienne

Looking forward to Oz Jan 16th 2009 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by viviennef (Post 7178507)
Wheres the fish - send her to my mother in Wales?

Our last fish (stinky) lasted 22 years and my mother cried for about a week when he died. Her step sister died the next week - not a blink. I said how you can cry so much about a fish and not about your sister but she said she saw her fish every day..........

Vivienne

Hahaha. I know its not funny but its odd how humans act.

Icarus Jan 17th 2009 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz (Post 7178412)
tequilla or the freezer?! Yes to both!!

Excellent..

viviennef Jan 17th 2009 8:00 pm

I was thinking last night and as a child, stress and uncertainty can display in lots of different ways. I guess your daughter is upset about her fish but I guess she is also a little worried by lots of other components of moving.

It really is about turning the whole episode into a good, positive vibe

Vivienne