Gold Medal

Old Feb 16th 2006, 1:55 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gold Medal

Congratulations to the Canadian, sorry, Australian (how could I have got confused) who got the gold medal in the moguls.

He thoroughly deserved it.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Medal

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Congratulations to the Canadian, sorry, Australian (how could I have got confused) who got the gold medal in the moguls.

He thoroughly deserved it.

I thought this yesterday...he's as Aussie as Zola Budd was British!!!

So, anyway, how do you rate the Australians Tatiana Gregorieva and Jelena Dokic in their respective sports?
Old Feb 16th 2006, 2:21 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw

So, anyway, how do you rate the Australians Tatiana Gregorieva and Jelena Dokic in their respective sports?

Don't forget our new distance runner star called Sonia O Sullivan.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

He did say awesome once in his interview afterwards, so that makes him fair dinkum.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 2:27 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Aussies are good at most sports & if they are not will find someone who is.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Don't forget our new distance runner star called Sonia O Sullivan.
LOL - I didn't know she'd become an Aussie too! Just in time for the Commonwealth Games?!
Old Feb 16th 2006, 2:30 pm
Proudly Deplorable

LOL - I didn't know she'd become an Aussie too! Just in time for the Commonwealth Games?!
News to me too.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 2:33 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Got her citizenship on Australia day & named in Aus team for Comm games the following week.
She has said after the games she will go back to running for Ireland, kind of makes a mockery of it.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 2:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Bordy
Got her citizenship on Australia day & named in Aus team for Comm games the following week.
She has said after the games she will go back to running for Ireland, kind of makes a mockery of it.
Agree. If you are going to change countries at least stick with it. It shouldn't be allowed.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, so it's OK for all us to do it.Chop and change and move around our respective countries, have dual citizenship and the best of both worlds but they can't? how is this different?
Old Feb 16th 2006, 11:19 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Oh, so it's OK for all us to do it.Chop and change and move around our respective countries, have dual citizenship and the best of both worlds but they can't? how is this different?
I have no problem with sports people changing countries, but to then change back like the Irish girl wants to do is just plain wrong. They are different from us, they carry a nations hopes & dreams. To then change back to your original country is like a kick in the teeth. The Canadian skier admits he is competing for Australia because the Canadian team kicked him out. He shows absolutely no enthusiasm for Australia, but I think this is partly to do with his personality rather than anyhting else. If I was Australian I wouldn't feel very proud of his achievement, but I would if i was Canadian. The guy deserves his medal though, he was the best in the competition.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:14 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Amazulu]Canadian skier admits he is competing for Australia because the Canadian team kicked him out. He shows absolutely no enthusiasm for Australia, but I think this is partly to do with his personality rather than anyhting else.QUOTE]

I wondered why he wasn't singing the national anthem ( which even the news guy on sunrise this morning commented on) - have a look at the expression on his face when he's on the podium with the anthem going - he does not look impressed at all . The look on his face looks as if he has a bad case of wind lol

I should have guessed he's not really an Australian

Last edited by Ceri; Feb 17th 2006 at 1:17 am.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

I have no problem with sports people changing countries, but to then change back like the Irish girl wants to do is just plain wrong. They are different from us, they carry a nations hopes & dreams. To then change back to your original country is like a kick in the teeth. The Canadian skier admits he is competing for Australia because the Canadian team kicked him out. He shows absolutely no enthusiasm for Australia, but I think this is partly to do with his personality rather than anyhting else. If I was Australian I wouldn't feel very proud of his achievement, but I would if i was Canadian. The guy deserves his medal though, he was the best in the competition.
He was excellent and deserved the gold medal, however he should have shown some respect for the country he was representing (australia).

Why was he thrown off the canadian team - I didnt know that?
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by willmore
He was excellent and deserved the gold medal, however he should have shown some respect for the country he was representing (australia).

Why was he thrown off the canadian team - I didnt know that?
He was booted out of the Canadian team as he couldn't commit to team training as he was too busy with his IT company. Australia offered him a place & here he is. He's basically in it for himself (which is cool, I have no problem with that) but needs a country to compete for. Australia is conveniently that country.

Agree he deserved the medal, he was the best. But I wouldn't be proud of him if I was Australian.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 2:04 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

He was booted out of the Canadian team as he couldn't commit to team training as he was too busy with his IT company. Australia offered him a place & here he is. He's basically in it for himself (which is cool, I have no problem with that) but needs a country to compete for. Australia is conveniently that country.

Agree he deserved the medal, he was the best. But I wouldn't be proud of him if I was Australian.
Does he have ANY connection with Australia other than having been offered a place in the team?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.