Reload this Page >

Gold Coast - what to do?

Gold Coast - what to do?

Old May 31st 2004, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough
Default Gold Coast - what to do?

All,

We're off to stay in Currumbin on the Gold Coast next week, and I was looking for a few ideas on what to do.
We'll certainly probably head up to the Sunshine Coast for a day or so as well.

I don't really need to know about theme parks - its pretty obvious they are there. My 2 young kids (u5) are more excited about seeing Steve Irwins Zoo.

what I need is good places to go with the kids for eats in the evening and any out of the way places up to/including the Sunshine Coast that might be good for a family of 4 to tackle.
Old May 31st 2004, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Re: Gold Coast - what to do?

Originally posted by RichS
All,

We're off to stay in Currumbin on the Gold Coast next week, and I was looking for a few ideas on what to do.
We'll certainly probably head up to the Sunshine Coast for a day or so as well.

I don't really need to know about theme parks - its pretty obvious they are there. My 2 young kids (u5) are more excited about seeing Steve Irwins Zoo.

what I need is good places to go with the kids for eats in the evening and any out of the way places up to/including the Sunshine Coast that might be good for a family of 4 to tackle.

Hi RichS

What I recommend on the Gold Coast (restaurants):

Chang Mai Thai (one in the Crown towers, another one on the Surfers to Broadbeach road, just opposite the Surfers Fire station). They are great restaurants and the deco and food is really nice. Otherwise dont go into touristy Surfers the restaurants are a rip off. There is a really nice italian restaurant called Volare, on the Surfers to Broadbeach road as well, just before you get to broadbeach, on your left.

A really nice japanese one is in the Mariott Resort. Tepanyaki. For cheaper tepanyaki try in Broadbeach, Arigatou. (lunch is really cheap and beautiful). You also have an ice cream place next to it and a swiss cake shop with yummy cakes opposite. Thats in Broadbeach on the main street.

Also, definitly go to Pacific Fair (broadbeach) with your kids. It's a monster mall and is a bit of an amusement park to kids (but dont go if it rains, its all outdoors!)

What else? There is a nice steak house in Labrador called Cav's steakhouse and Ashmore Steak and Seafood is also a must (free garlic bread and huge steaks).

Voila! Hope it helps!!!!

fabie
Old May 31st 2004, 9:18 am
WBB

we spent a day at currumbin wildlife sanctuary, it is a very good day out for the kids.

Old May 31st 2004, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by WBB
we spent a day at currumbin wildlife sanctuary, it is a very good day out for the kids.
Yes we enjoyed it too. Got the cuddle a koala piccies to prove it
A trip to the hinterland is a must. We visited Springbrook National Park and it was lovely.

Have a look at this website:
http://www.goldcoasttourism.com.au/h...U5OTY0NTA6OjI6
Old May 31st 2004, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the tips fellas - I'm partial to a large steak or 2, so looking forwad to that - and I love Thai food.

Yes I'd been to surfers before - can't say I liked it that much, hence why we booked a little bit away from it.