Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Gold Coast thread...

The Gold Coast thread...

Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all
Default Re: The Gold Coast thread...

Originally Posted by daveandkathh
Been on GC for only 2 weeks now. in a rental apartment @ AU$490.00 a week!! TFN, medicare, driving licence, banking, start work 9/7/07, etc all done. The only thing we need to do now is find a home. OMG!!!! What a shock to the system............... We came over last December for validation/recci, and we were looking at a land/house package. AU$300k would buy you the home of many a Brits dream, and ours. That dream TODAY has jumped to AU$450k..................I kid you not. So, all you lucky people coming to the GC, bring your big fat wallets with you, you will need them!

TTFN

Dave and Kath.
whereabouts is your rental?!
Scared now! We only have extra skinny wallets!!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Julez82
It seems like there are a fair few of us heading to the GC soon or in the near future.

Who else is heading off to the GC soon?
Hi Julez,
Not long for you now then..you excited yet?

We're coming over hopefully in august/sept...me, OH, 2 kids 10 and 8.

(if we can find a rental!!!!)
Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:10 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

It seems like there are a fair few of us heading to the GC soon or in the near future.

We are heading there next week

Flying out this Sunday.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Hi
we will be arriving on the Gold Coast in July/ Aug. Husband flying out on 29 July with Singapore airlines.. and daughter (16) and I fly out a month later on 29 August. He is going a month ahead to sort out rental, car etc.. Can't wait.. Looking at Robina or somewhere close to there....
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:21 pm
Oz Passport Holder ;)

Julez82 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Simba
We are heading there next week

Flying out this Sunday.
Have a good flight! I fly out on the 9th July!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Gallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant future

We finally had confirmaion on Saturday that our application has been received, (Yippee!)

We are hopefully going over in Jan/Feb 08.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnpod
We are also headed GC way, hopefully early Dec. Planning to recce Pac Pines, Helensvale and Robina to live but first looking for short term rental to get us over the holiday period - looks like that could be the most expensive and difficult bit of all. 4 of us going, me OH and 2 girls 12 and 14, 14 year old keeps telling us she is not going though (may have to drug he to get her on the plane)
This brings back memories, of our 13 yr old daughter who didnt want to come over. She is now settled and even has a boyfriend but be warned, whenever any little thing goes wrong or she falls out with her friends, she is adamant it wouldnt have happened in England, because all her friends were perfect, life was perfect etc etc (you get the picture)

I think that if she went back to England she will probably see the reality of the situation and be crying to get straight back on the plane to Australia.

Julia
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

We're already on the GC, and there really isn't any more room for the Villa, try Perth perhaps...
We're on Chevron Island but intend to move in December. I like Ashmore, it's a great location for everything, but I'm not sure if it's a little too suburban, more exploring to be done. I'm looking inland a little too, some areas have been mentioned on here, and for those lucky enough to be going to the Broadbeach meet, I will probably invite myself round if I like the sound of where you live! You've been warned....See you all there or at a meet in the future for those stuck in the Mother Land
(KRO)
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

The Northern Gold Coast is the place to be.... Even if it has been raining for the past 24 hours non-stop!!!

Loving it!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:59 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gavstrad
The Northern Gold Coast is the place to be.... Even if it has been raining for the past 24 hours non-stop!!!

Loving it!

but not in the catchment area apparently
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:03 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mooncat
whereabouts is your rental?!
Scared now! We only have extra skinny wallets!!
that rentals quite commom we are paying 470 a week at the mo
but not for much longer as we move into our own home in two weeks
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:50 am
Oz Passport Holder ;)

Originally Posted by mooncat
Hi Julez,
Not long for you now then..you excited yet?

We're coming over hopefully in august/sept...me, OH, 2 kids 10 and 8.

(if we can find a rental!!!!)
Excited and bricking it! Have a rental apartment sorted but still no job, hoping to line a few interviews up soon!

Check seqrents.com.au for their rental properties on the GC, I've found one for 3 months - 2 bed 2 bath @ A$315 p/w.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Julez82;4969641]Excited and bricking it! Have a rental apartment sorted but still no job, hoping to line a few interviews up soon!QUOTE]

Loadsa work out here if you just look for it, it really is about asking everyone and not about your cv! I was offered 3 jobs in my first week of looking, just gotta be cheeky n ask. One guy I know asked the bloke delivering his sofa for a job and got it, another did the same with the meter reader, and he also got me a job offer just by a quick call to his boss!
See you at the meet
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:36 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dave7370
Blue through and through..... no cheap nasty Claret and gay Blue here!
What...cheap n nasty claret n gay blue.......... You blue nosed.......!!!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:12 am
Oz Passport Holder ;)

[QUOTE=sambo76;4974150]
Excited and bricking it! Have a rental apartment sorted but still no job, hoping to line a few interviews up soon!QUOTE]

Loadsa work out here if you just look for it, it really is about asking everyone and not about your cv! I was offered 3 jobs in my first week of looking, just gotta be cheeky n ask. One guy I know asked the bloke delivering his sofa for a job and got it, another did the same with the meter reader, and he also got me a job offer just by a quick call to his boss!
See you at the meet
I will keep that in mind! That's pretty good going - 3 job offers in the first week!

I'm pretty flexible in that I can do for work so will probably take whatever comes my way at first just to get going!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.