Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

gold coast property advice needed

gold coast property advice needed

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:07 am
nearly there

barry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nice
Default gold coast property advice needed

It's less than 3 weeks now until our recci of the Gold Coast. We have booked the hire car and are stopping at the paradise resort at surfers (formerly the mercure). We will be looking at some areas to buy for when we come over properly in January. Any suggestions on areas to check out would be greatly appreciated. Ideally we would like to be no more than a 15-20 drive from the beach but the closer the better. we should have in the region of £85,000 to put down on a property come the time and don't want a mortgage much over £70,000 if we can help it. Sorry for quoting in Uk Pounds but until we know what we'll have when we exchange our funds it's easier to work out. We would like a 3 bed property close to local amenities and transport links and would like to buy new or something modern.
Thanks in advance.

Barry
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: gold coast property advice needed

To be honest mate only you will know the best place to live. One mans paradise and all that. I think it's all about getting a good vibe from the areas you get to see. Nearly all the areas are less than 20 minutes from the beach so you would have a great selection off areas to chose from. Even the so called not as great areas seem like paradise compared to Chemsley Wood. Quill..
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

Hi barry

Fellow Soihull expat! We arrived here 5 days ago, we brought over £65K.

We noticed 20mins drive means you can go anywhere, but it becomes double in rush hour!
We looked at some new builds in pacific pines, but theres a waiting list for land, and the new land release up the rd starts from $220k!

I'm rethinking my plan, instead of a big house i'm going to get a 3 bed townhouse and buy a duplex to rent.

Chris.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:51 am
nearly there

barry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nice

Originally Posted by chris96
Hi barry

Fellow Soihull expat! We arrived here 5 days ago, we brought over £65K.

We noticed 20mins drive means you can go anywhere, but it becomes double in rush hour!
We looked at some new builds in pacific pines, but theres a waiting list for land, and the new land release up the rd starts from $220k!

I'm rethinking my plan, instead of a big house i'm going to get a 3 bed townhouse and buy a duplex to rent.

Chris.
Thanks. Pacific pines is an area we'd like to take a look at. We'll be in no real rush to get on the property ladder. we intend to rent for a few month's at least to allow time to find and settle in jobs and generally get a feel for the place.

Barry
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

johnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to all

Hi Barry

Let us know how you get on in Pac PInes as that is where we are hoping to head for in a couple of months. The schools seem to do OK and as are new have good facilities and the local transport links/facilities seem very good. Had a look on real estate web site and property prices there are less than some other areas (I was told anything west of M1 is slightly cheaper). There is a blogger on here called Soapy who lives in Pac Pines so migh be worth PMing him for other info.

Have a good trip, hope you find what your looking for

Ali
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:32 pm
nearly there

Originally Posted by johnpod
Hi Barry

Let us know how you get on in Pac PInes as that is where we are hoping to head for in a couple of months. The schools seem to do OK and as are new have good facilities and the local transport links/facilities seem very good. Had a look on real estate web site and property prices there are less than some other areas (I was told anything west of M1 is slightly cheaper). There is a blogger on here called Soapy who lives in Pac Pines so migh be worth PMing him for other info.

Have a good trip, hope you find what your looking for

Ali
thanks. i'll give a run down of my opinion of pacific pines as soon as we check it out.

Barry