Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast Near Surfers

Gold Coast Near Surfers

Old Sep 22nd 2015, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light
Default Gold Coast Near Surfers

Hi.

We are thinking of taking an apartment within walking distance of Surfers for six months only. Fully furnished just until we decide where we are going to be at. We have had enough of city life for a while; so want to try the beach/ocean life for a prolonged period, without making anything too permanent. Now we have no idea on areas in and around Surfers, the rougher areas, or the noisy unit blocks. I want to be able to walk to the steel Surfers Paradise sign within say 30 minutes from our residence. Has anyone had any good experiences of fully furnished units in this vicinity? Its just it would give me an idea of where to start looking.

Thanks for any feedback.
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 2:02 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast Near Surfers

You'll certainly have a much easier time finding furnished units over unfurnished ones. A 6-month lease is no issue either, but be aware that sometimes a landlord will have this hybrid strategy of a long-term rental during the off-period and then raking in the cash on holiday lets during X-mas/Summer.

As for location, keep in mind that there is a new tram link (G-link) that has done a wonderful job at connecting everything from Broadbeach to Southport (and beyond to GCUH).

Is there any particular reason you want to be close to Surfers Paradise itself? During the evenings you will probably find Broadbeach the place to be at. But if you really want to stay close then I'd recommend something close to Surfers Paradise North station (tram station that is) like the Mantra Sun City perhaps or look in the other direction and possibly the Q1. I'd pass on the very middle that includes the Hilton, Soul and adjacent condos.

A lot depends on what you're after over here. Are you here with kids, or are you just here to enjoy and go out each evening?
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Gold Coast Near Surfers

Originally Posted by astera
You'll certainly have a much easier time finding furnished units over unfurnished ones. A 6-month lease is no issue either, but be aware that sometimes a landlord will have this hybrid strategy of a long-term rental during the off-period and then raking in the cash on holiday lets during X-mas/Summer.

As for location, keep in mind that there is a new tram link (G-link) that has done a wonderful job at connecting everything from Broadbeach to Southport (and beyond to GCUH).

Is there any particular reason you want to be close to Surfers Paradise itself? During the evenings you will probably find Broadbeach the place to be at. But if you really want to stay close then I'd recommend something close to Surfers Paradise North station (tram station that is) like the Mantra Sun City perhaps or look in the other direction and possibly the Q1. I'd pass on the very middle that includes the Hilton, Soul and adjacent condos.

A lot depends on what you're after over here. Are you here with kids, or are you just here to enjoy and go out each evening?
Thankyou very much, your a gent, very much appreciated.