Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast 'must do's?

Gold Coast 'must do's?

Old May 28th 2007, 6:51 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gold Coast 'must do's?

We're off on our hols to the Gold Coast in a few weeks.

I know there's loads of theme parks and days out to be had there, I just wanted your recommendations on the 'must see's or any experiences that I could book to make it special for the kids (9, 6, 3).

Thanks for your suggestions......

Jules x
Old May 28th 2007, 7:35 am
Banned

mancity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gold Coast 'must do's?

Do the theme parks- look for vouchers too....

Mount tamborine and the hinterland, nice polish restaurant/cafe at the top with a view to die for.

Drive down the coast to NSW

Do a fishing charter

hot air balloon trip

do the aqua duck ride

brisbane is a good venue for a couple of days

if you have flexibility of accomodation, go to mooloolaba for a couple of days, 2 hours noth, see steve irwins zoo aswell.
Old May 28th 2007, 7:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is a must for your age kids. Tambourine Mountain is great and there's a shop up there that does the most fab fudge. There is a Zorb ball place just to the north - the only one in the country apparently - it looks a bit like tellytubbie land (according to my girls anyway) although the littlest would be too little. There is a good go kart track next door as well for the bigger kids

I can't remember what my two were in to when they were that little so will leave any more ideas to others. Have a great holiday
Old May 28th 2007, 7:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mancity
Do the theme parks- look for vouchers too....

Mount tamborine and the hinterland, nice polish restaurant/cafe at the top with a view to die for.

Drive down the coast to NSW

Do a fishing charter

hot air balloon trip

do the aqua duck ride

brisbane is a good venue for a couple of days

if you have flexibility of accomodation, go to mooloolaba for a couple of days, 2 hours noth, see steve irwins zoo aswell.
The kids will be too little for the hot air balloon but the aqua duck is a good idea. Forgot that.
Old May 28th 2007, 8:09 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Where would you look for the vouchers?

Down the back of the settee perhaps
Old May 28th 2007, 8:36 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Where would you look for the vouchers?
Good question!!

I've just been into Flight Centre as they were doing a deal on 3 for 2 days on Dreamworld, but it ended on the 20th May

Funnily enough, I looked at the Zorb. For my eldest son, there's nothing that would give me more pleasure than to strap him into one of those and throw him down a hill! OK, maybe I'd get more pleasure from doing it twice

Do you have a link for the duck thingy?

Thanks for the ideas!

Jules x
Old May 28th 2007, 8:44 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesandco
Good question!!

I've just been into Flight Centre as they were doing a deal on 3 for 2 days on Dreamworld, but it ended on the 20th May

Funnily enough, I looked at the Zorb. For my eldest son, there's nothing that would give me more pleasure than to strap him into one of those and throw him down a hill! OK, maybe I'd get more pleasure from doing it twice

Do you have a link for the duck thingy?

Thanks for the ideas!

Jules x
http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel...ement/aquaduck
Old May 28th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

We're off on our hols to the Gold Coast in a few weeks.

I know there's loads of theme parks and days out to be had there, I just wanted your recommendations on the 'must see's or any experiences that I could book to make it special for the kids (9, 6, 3).

Thanks for your suggestions......

Jules x
you have to go up the Q1 for the best views of the coast.

Sunshine23
Old May 29th 2007, 10:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Vouchers on the back of shopper dockets and if you ask nicely I might have one or two that you could have from my Entertainment book
Old May 29th 2007, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Vouchers on the back of shopper dockets and if you ask nicely I might have one or two that you could have from my Entertainment book
oooohhhhh..... pretty please????

I'd do you a swap - you could have some of mine for Perth

Jules x
Old May 29th 2007, 12:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

oooohhhhh..... pretty please????

I'd do you a swap - you could have some of mine for Perth

Jules x
ahhhh no, you keep them. I go through and see what there is, it's a new edition but I have promised some to someone else but am sure I can find you an aqua duck or some such kiddy fun thing
Old May 29th 2007, 7:48 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

ahhhh no, you keep them. I go through and see what there is, it's a new edition but I have promised some to someone else but am sure I can find you an aqua duck or some such kiddy fun thing
and a list of all the good curry houses too

please pen
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

You dont need the actual docket if you have a printer

I think the site is Shop a Dockets online ( try your search engine) you can print out the docket from there, I have done it myself, went to the Hogs Breath Cafe at Marina Mirage, paid for 1 meal, got one free,
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by auspal
You dont need the actual docket if you have a printer

I think the site is Shop a Dockets online ( try your search engine) you can print out the docket from there, I have done it myself, went to the Hogs Breath Cafe at Marina Mirage, paid for 1 meal, got one free,
yup. Used that a few times. Petrol coupon was on the same bit as the voucher - don't they think
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

yup. Used that a few times. Petrol coupon was on the same bit as the voucher - don't they think

No