Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold coast life?

Gold coast life?

Old Jan 9th 2003, 8:21 am
Just Joined

xtreme.g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gold coast life?

My wife and i are visiting Brisbane and the Gold Coast soon for a reserach holiday to find out more about the area in respect of employment and housing, schooling. Can anyone give us their own opinions about these area, are they as nice as they appear to be?? I have heard mixed opinions but i suppose it only matters what we think of it in the long run.
Old Jan 9th 2003, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice
Default Re: Gold coast life?

Originally posted by xtreme.g
My wife and i are visiting Brisbane and the Gold Coast soon for a reserach holiday to find out more about the area in respect of employment and housing, schooling. Can anyone give us their own opinions about these area, are they as nice as they appear to be?? I have heard mixed opinions but i suppose it only matters what we think of it in the long run.

Hey dude,
Me and my family are going out that way in April for the same thing. I have family out there and also north NSW so I have an advantage of thier lifestyle to draw upon, my cousin is in real estate in Brisbane so I will get a good guide as to where is good to live.

I know its a couple of months away yet but I will post my findings on this site for you and others to draw opinions from.
Old Jan 9th 2003, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We went to Coff's Harbour area 2 hours from Brisbane and stayed at the ocean beach motor inn (right on the beach) in a little place called woolgoolga 15 minutes from Coff's and it is beautiful, we went with the TV programme 'A place in the sun', it will be on TV in March. We were going to Adelaide but since seeing this area we have changed our minds.

Have a great time.
Sue
Old Jan 9th 2003, 3:57 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Gold coast life?

Originally posted by xtreme.g
Hi,
You answered your own question "only matters what you think". I've been In Brisbane for five years.. I dislike it for numerous of reasons, I llikedNewcastle (NSW)... anyway... best advice I will give anybody..... make your own mind up... because if I advise you it will be negative, someone elses view here on Brisbane may me positive. ... depends on what you think is best and nice etc etc for you... really... make your own mind up.

cheers
Old Jan 18th 2003, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

Coffs might be 2 Hours from Brisbane by Helicopter, it'll take you a bit longer to drive it ... maybe 5 or 6 Hours !
Old Jan 18th 2003, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes sorry Stan,

Brisbane is 550km (approx 5 hour drive) from Coff's Harbour and Sydney is 427km (approx 6 hour drive).

Sue
Old Jan 19th 2003, 10:02 am
plumber39

I like'd the Gold coast because it,s buzzing ,it;s the only place i went to and actually felt alive.(What do i know? - only a plumber!)