Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast/Hinterland Suburbs

Gold Coast/Hinterland Suburbs

Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future
Default Gold Coast/Hinterland Suburbs

Hi,

Planning on possibly moving to the gold coast but not too sure on which suburbs are nice and which should be avoided. Have only just started researching so have been searching on here looking for ideas.
Will hopefully have around $350k to spend but realise that we may have to look further inland to afford something in that price bracket.
A few people I have spoken too have recommended Robina but I was also wondering if there are any nice places in the hinterland within 20kms of the coast.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Cheers
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:45 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Gold Coast/Hinterland Suburbs

Originally posted by vandiemen
Hi,

Planning on possibly moving to the gold coast but not too sure on which suburbs are nice and which should be avoided. Have only just started researching so have been searching on here looking for ideas.
Will hopefully have around $350k to spend but realise that we may have to look further inland to afford something in that price bracket.
A few people I have spoken too have recommended Robina but I was also wondering if there are any nice places in the hinterland within 20kms of the coast.

Cheers
Also been looking around the same area would be interested to read people's opinions. Coomera looks like a fairly nice area just south of the Gold Coast and within traveling distance of Brisbane (if you don't mind an hour's commute), but might struggle to find much with your budget.

I noticed a new suburb called Spring Field Lakes which is inland a bit more but looks like you can get something decent for your $'s. Would be interested in knowing what people think of it. Is there a train line into Brisbane from Spring field lakes? How long a car journey is it from Brisbane and Gold Coast?
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

Thx for the response Elksa, yeh budget isnt the best so thats why we are looking slightly further afield. Thanks for your suburb recommendations. I will look into the two that you mentioned and see what they have to offer.

Cheers
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:57 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

Thx for the response Elksa, yeh budget isnt the best so thats why we are looking slightly further afield. Thanks for your suburb recommendations. I will look into the two that you mentioned and see what they have to offer.

Cheers
Our budget will be around the same. Think we'll have to make a choice between not so nice house within easy beach reach or dream house a little further inland.

hmmmm tough decision!!!!

Good site for info on Coomera area and house prices

http://www.goldcoast-realestate.com/...nd_Land_00.htm
Old Jul 29th 2004, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Have just sent you a PM Elska
Old Jul 29th 2004, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

We picked up an older (20 yr old) 4 bedroomed house with pool for $325 in Helensvale, which is just south of Coomera.

New builds on the Gold Coast are crazy: most of them are on such a small block of land the roofs almost overlap. Older properties tend to be on a decent sized block.

If you want better value for money, consider moving up the coast a bit. Beenleigh seemed to have cheaper property, although it is a relatively older suburb
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:07 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

We will arrive on the Goldcoast on the 21th Aug and have booked a short term rent in Broadwater, near the beach. Plan on having a few wks de-stressing ,then we're looking for something more perminent. May stay in rented for the first 12mths and see how the market pans out.
Does anyone out there know what kind of rent we'd be looking at paying for a 4bed house (5 of us) Gold coast area not more then 20 mins from a beach.....flowerofscotland where are you ?

all the best plum

ps Hit my 1000th post and no body knows
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by the plumber
We will arrive on the Goldcoast on the 21th Aug and have booked a short term rent in Broadwater, near the beach. Plan on having a few wks de-stressing ,then we're looking for something more perminent. May stay in rented for the first 12mths and see how the market pans out.
Does anyone out there know what kind of rent we'd be looking at paying for a 4bed house (5 of us) Gold coast area not more then 20 mins from a beach.....flowerofscotland where are you ?

all the best plum

ps Hit my 1000th post and no body knows
AAggggh
Plum
Poor you.

Plum send Louisa (robertd) a pm I am sure she will help.

Plum why dont you ask the mods to join all your previous ids together?
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:21 am

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

I'll just get used to being called junior........ ........again
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:21 am

Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Oh go on just send ptlabs a pm.
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:43 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

Won't take you to long to become a senior member again plumber if you keep double posting!!!!!

Sneeky devil we've got your card marked.
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:45 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

Come on guys, surely someones got a bit of info on SpringField Lakes?

Where's Mrs Dagboy and ABCDiamond when you need them!!!
Old Jul 30th 2004, 10:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just for you Plumber, with your 1000 posts (even if they are in dribs and drabs!)

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 6th 2007 at 10:23 am.
Old Jul 30th 2004, 11:23 am
Just Joined

BritAussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Cheers
Hi,
Look up www.realestate.com.au - it will give you any suburb in australia and list all the relevant sales therein. You can also multiple list say Robina, Burleigh, Miami, etc all of which are gold coast suburbs. Get a map of the GC from the net and just pick the suburbs. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.