Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast - First impressions

Gold Coast - First impressions

Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:13 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Gold Coast - First impressions

Well we have finally made it to the Gold Coast.

Arrived here on Sunday via Singapore and using Singapore Airlines. SIA were very good and the flight was fairly painless - If you havent been to Singapore before I would recommend it as a stopover but only for a couple of days. Do the Night Safari and the Sentosa Island - if you dont like heights dont go on the cable car ride !

We arrived at Brisbane Airport on Sunday morning at 06:50, customs was a breeze although they did check my footie boots which had a tiny bit of mud on them and he said thats fine mate you have done well to clean them. We scrubbed all our shipped stuff with Jeyes so I hope we get the same kind of guy for that stuff too !

We didn't have rose tinted glasses on when we got here and we still don't. Although we have only been here a week ! I can say that the Aussies have been really friendly and so helpful ! Place we are staying is fine and anyone coming to the Gold Coast I would recommend it as a first point of stay before finding a house. Its called Pelican Cove Resort we were told about it by another ExPat and think its fine.

The beaches are fantastic, we lived 5 mins from the beach in the UK on the South Coast, however they were a little more stoney and full of seaweed !

Well so much to do when you first get here we went to Westpac for our banking and they were so helpful and made the process easy.

Met up with Steve-O from here too, nice couple and a lovely daughter !! Could be a few more beers going on between us - so expats can be useful when you first get here !!

Whilst we are only a week into our adventure - got to say 'Glad we did it' - so far.

When things start going wrong - I mean when we have been here for a little longer, I will give you another update !!

Nick
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:17 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Gold Coast - First impressions

Originally Posted by nick72

Arrived here on Sunday via Singapore and using Singapore Airlines. SIA were very good and the flight was fairly painless - If you havent been to Singapore before I would recommend it as a stopover but only for a couple of days. Do the Night Safari and the Sentosa Island - if you dont like heights dont go on the cable car ride !

We arrived at Brisbane Airport on Sunday morning at 06:50, customs was a breeze although they did check my footie boots which had a tiny bit of mud on them and he said thats fine mate you have done well to clean them. We scrubbed all our shipped stuff with Jeyes so I hope we get the same kind of guy for that stuff too !

We didn't have rose tinted glasses on when we got here and we still don't. Although we have only been here a week ! I can say that the Aussies have been really friendly and so helpful ! Place we are staying is fine and anyone coming to the Gold Coast I would recommend it as a first point of stay before finding a house. Its called Pelican Cove Resort we were told about it by another ExPat and think its fine.

The beaches are fantastic, we lived 5 mins from the beach in the UK on the South Coast, however they were a little more stoney and full of seaweed !

Well so much to do when you first get here we went to Westpac for our banking and they were so helpful and made the process easy.

Met up with Steve-O from here too, nice couple and a lovely daughter !! Could be a few more beers going on between us - so expats can be useful when you first get here !!

Whilst we are only a week into our adventure - got to say 'Glad we did it' - so far.

When things start going wrong - I mean when we have been here for a little longer, I will give you another update !!

Nick
Good onya Nick, keep that attitude and you'll be right.

Welcome to Australia!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:41 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast - First impressions

Hiya Nick,
Glad you've arrived safe and sound.
Sounds like you're enjoying it so far. Long may it continue

Julie. x
Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:47 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Nick
best of british
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Koala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant future

Congrats Nick. Welcome to the Sunshine State!

How was the storm? :scared:

Paul.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Australia Nick, glad to see Steve is looking after you.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:32 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Nick, glad you are all settling in well !!!

fee
Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:41 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to oz mate, we've only been here 2months, and even though things not going as well as planed we still LOVE IT, even with my rose coloured tints off
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:22 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yes he is !!

Storm wasnt to bad at all !!

Nick
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update hope things keep going as smoothly for you, keep us posted and good luck
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Koala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant future

Yes he is !!

Storm wasnt to bad at all !!

Nick

A mate had his car virtually destroyed by the hail. Front and back screens smashed, body badly dented.

He was driving at the time. Must have been frightening. Insurance job.

Paul.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:57 am
Marie

Celtic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the rough

Nick
Glad to hear all going well, interested to see how you get on as we are hoping to go to Queensland, probably Gold Coast or nearby next summer. Keep us posted on teething problems if any!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Nick
Pleased to hear you arrived safe and sound. And even happier that you said "Glad you did it" Positive atitude.
Looking forward to your next update Nick. You never know we may be in Oz by that time. (House sold today wayhey!!)
Chat later
Lynne
Old Nov 10th 2006, 10:32 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
dont i always
Old Nov 10th 2006, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
dont i always

I know, you're a good 'un

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.