Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

gold coast or bayside

gold coast or bayside

Old Nov 11th 2004, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gold coast or bayside

just been looking at some real estate sites,and came across something called a dlug, what the hell is that, sorry probably im a bit thick.

tracey.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 4:00 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
just been looking at some real estate sites,and came across something called a dlug, what the hell is that, sorry probably im a bit thick.

tracey.
hehehehe - seen SLUG yet?

It is

Double
Lock
Up
Garage

or........

Single
Lock
Up
Garage

It threw me too! LOL
Old Nov 11th 2004, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh ....derrrr... I do like the look of ashmore, claire,we ll be renting to start with though,so i ll have to see if i can find somewhere that deals in rentals cos most of the eastate agent dont seem to have much for rentals.Ive been looking for a place called Andrews, its near burliegh,someone has recommended but havent found anything yet, do you know anything about it,sorry to be a pain

tracey.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 5:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey

Only a paragraph in my book

"The suburb of Andrews, located to the west of Burleigh, was officially gazetted in May 1981. Today, much of it has been swallowed up by the new Varsity Lakes area, with the remaining straddling the M1. Cut in two parts, the industrial precinct is well removed from the new residential area. Also referred to as Old Burleigh Town, this is a community that's still developing out and it will be for another three or four years. The suburb has attracted its fair share of young families and firm home buyers, with only a limited amount of rental property. It is mainly zoned Res A ( ) but there are some smaller blocks of 400msq also." "11k to Surfers, 90k to Bris"

On my UBD it doesn't exist as an area. It def seems to come under Varsity Lakes (Debsy is there at present). Might be why you can't find much.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

aw, thanks penny,ive tried to order that book, but they tell me that a updated version will be out in about 6wks so i thought i might as well wait.Really pleased about your visas,i cant imagine how you must have felt,i think i would just burst and want to tell everyone in sight.When do you plan to go,ive loked at helenvale it looks really nice,very tempting.

tracey.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 6:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

aw, thanks penny,ive tried to order that book, but they tell me that a updated version will be out in about 6wks so i thought i might as well wait.Really pleased about your visas,i cant imagine how you must have felt,i think i would just burst and want to tell everyone in sight.When do you plan to go,ive loked at helenvale it looks really nice,very tempting.

tracey.

Keep telling people and they look at me as if to say yeah and??. One friend said "well, did you think it would be a problem?" bog off I'm excited all right!

We will need to spend a couple of hours on the phone so you can talk me through any changes to the book that I need to know
Old Nov 11th 2004, 7:42 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: gold coast or bayside

Ohhh ....derrrr... I do like the look of ashmore, claire,we ll be renting to start with though,so i ll have to see if i can find somewhere that deals in rentals cos most of the eastate agent dont seem to have much for rentals.Ive been looking for a place called Andrews, its near burliegh,someone has recommended but havent found anything yet, do you know anything about it,sorry to be a pain

tracey.
We are renting too when we get there.... hey question - how long are you going to be renting for? The reason I ask is that my owns a "holiday unit" which she is going to rent to us when we get there... it is i bed apart with another room with a sliding "wall" concertina thing to make a 2nd bedroom..... if its not for long would that do? Its on "Marina Parade" just outside Southport, and overlooks the spit, where Sea World & the Versace Hotel is...

The website for the units is www.crystalbay.com.au

I will ask mum anyhow when I speak to her tomorrow if she can suggest any companies for renters.....
Old Nov 11th 2004, 7:46 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Talking Re: gold coast or bayside

Tracey - click on this link

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...xbed=&p=10&o=p
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

will do,i ll let you know when i get it,thanks for letting me know about it.

Family and friends just dont understand do they,you try to talk about it and they dont seem to want to know,i think this forum is a god send,just talking to like minded people is like a breath of fresh air.

tracey.
Originally Posted by moneypen20
Keep telling people and they look at me as if to say yeah and??. One friend said "well, did you think it would be a problem?" bog off I'm excited all right!

We will need to spend a couple of hours on the phone so you can talk me through any changes to the book that I need to know
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

oh, thanks claire,how did you find that,ive been looking atthier property for sale and couldnt find the rentals,mines the mansion on the last page.

actually, i think we ll rent for at least 6months,maybe more,we wont want to buy until we re sure we ve got jobs and also sure of the area,and we wont really know that until we get there.Thanks for going to so much trouble.

tracey.
Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Old Nov 12th 2004, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

good morning...i really like the look of ashmore, helensvale and varsity lakes,i was wondering are these areas prone to flooding as there so close to the water?

I am still looking at bayside,but i already know quite a bit about bayside cos i had decided to go there first,gold coast is an alternative and i want to explore both.

tracey.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

good morning...i really like the look of ashmore, helensvale and varsity lakes,i was wondering are these areas prone to flooding as there so close to the water?

I am still looking at bayside,but i already know quite a bit about bayside cos i had decided to go there first,gold coast is an alternative and i want to explore both.

tracey.
Tracey
The place I sent you the link for in Varisty has furnished and unfurnished units available - maybe you could arrange to rent a furnished one first and then move into an unfurnished when your stuff arrives.

Most areas on the gold coast are near the water.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:32 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Ashmore is about 45 mins - an hour from brissie (towards nsw not the other way) ans Ashmore itself is about 10 min drive from Surfers.....
I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but I have to cast serious doubt on that timing. I just found Ashmore on www.whereis.com and after 25 northward scrolls of the map I had got to Loganlea. Another 13 northward scrolls and I had the CBD. Now, when I lived in Loganlea and did the daily commute to Brisbane city, it could take as little as 30 mins, but in rush hour it was more like 50 mins (longer when there was rain or an accident). I find it hard to believe that another 2 times the journey would not add on at least another 40 or 50 mins.

I do not really care if you believe me or not, but If you are seriously thinking of living down on the Gold Coast and working in Brisbane I suggest you wait till you get here and try the journey for yourself a couple of time (in commute time) before deciding where to live.

Cheers,

DagBoy

PS Of course, if you do not need to be near to Brisbane then ignore the above
Old Nov 12th 2004, 11:46 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by DagBoy
I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but I have to cast serious doubt on that timing. I just found Ashmore on www.whereis.com and after 25 northward scrolls of the map I had got to Loganlea. Another 13 northward scrolls and I had the CBD. Now, when I lived in Loganlea and did the daily commute to Brisbane city, it could take as little as 30 mins, but in rush hour it was more like 50 mins (longer when there was rain or an accident). I find it hard to believe that another 2 times the journey would not add on at least another 40 or 50 mins.

I do not really care if you believe me or not, but If you are seriously thinking of living down on the Gold Coast and working in Brisbane I suggest you wait till you get here and try the journey for yourself a couple of time (in commute time) before deciding where to live.

Cheers,

DagBoy

I have driven it from Ashmore to Brissie in approx 1 hours, straight down the GC Highway...... without breaking the speed limit, & have done it many many times......... I agree with you if you look at the "rush hour" it will be longer, but that is the same for any commute isn't it??? If you look on the RACQ website's journey planner the approx. km is 72. Obviously this will drastically change, depending on where in brisbane you are talking about driving to........

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Nov 12th 2004 at 11:55 am. Reason: ;o)
Old Nov 12th 2004, 2:01 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DagBoy

Cheers,

DagBoy

I am thinking Helensvale now. I would prefer to get a job in the Gold Coast but if I need to work in Brisbane for a while when I first get there then at least there is a direct train service (1 hour). The citytrain website says there are major plans for improvement too but that is because trains are already full. Still, no worse than when I used to commute into Birmingham and never had any confidence the train would arrive at all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.