Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast Accommodation Help Required!

Gold Coast Accommodation Help Required!

Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of
Question Gold Coast Accommodation Help Required!

Hi all

We are going to the Gold Coast in June 2008 as my husband, Paul, will be starting a Bakery/Hospitality Management course at Ashmore Campus, Gold Coast TAFE in July. Our son, Andrew (who is 16 in October) will be (hopefully) starting at Benowa State High School doing A level equivalents.

We have been looking for somewhere to stay for the first month in and around this area but can't seem to find anywhere. Does anyone know of any houses/apartments etc that we can rent for 28 nights or so please?

We don't mind travelling a bit as we will have a car for the first month, as we will need to look for rented accommodation for the two years Paul will be studying.

Obviously we don't want to spend too much as we will be paying for all the course fees, OSHC fees, school fees etc!!!!

Thanks very much.

Jo, Paul and Andrew

PS As we don't know anyone at all over in the Gold Coast, anyone who already lives there or is going to live there who could contact us would be much appreciated. We have been on holiday twice to the Gold Coast but we haven't got any family or friends over there!!! Don't want to sound too desperate though
Old Jun 11th 2007, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gold Coast Accommodation Help Required!

Originally Posted by jdraper
Hi all

We are going to the Gold Coast in June 2008 as my husband, Paul, will be starting a Bakery/Hospitality Management course at Ashmore Campus, Gold Coast TAFE in July. Our son, Andrew (who is 16 in October) will be (hopefully) starting at Benowa State High School doing A level equivalents.

We have been looking for somewhere to stay for the first month in and around this area but can't seem to find anywhere. Does anyone know of any houses/apartments etc that we can rent for 28 nights or so please?

We don't mind travelling a bit as we will have a car for the first month, as we will need to look for rented accommodation for the two years Paul will be studying.

Obviously we don't want to spend too much as we will be paying for all the course fees, OSHC fees, school fees etc!!!!

Thanks very much.

Jo, Paul and Andrew

PS As we don't know anyone at all over in the Gold Coast, anyone who already lives there or is going to live there who could contact us would be much appreciated. We have been on holiday twice to the Gold Coast but we haven't got any family or friends over there!!! Don't want to sound too desperate though
Hi
I have sent you a PM
Thanks
Emma
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

johnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to all
Smile Re: Gold Coast Accommodation Help Required!

Hi Jo

My OH John, 2 girls (12 and 14) are aiming for the Gold Coast as well, meds on Wed then all paperwork is done so just the agonising wait to see if we are accepted. If so we aim to go over in Dec this year - in time for the summer hols and the girls starting a new school year in Jan. We also will need short term accomodation and are researching schools etc at the moment - probably aiming for Pacific Pines, Helensvale or Arundel area (job dependant!). We also know no one so would be good to keep in touch. I will let you have any info I get on the area re short term lets. A guy called Soapy on this site is a great source of info as well - he sent me some email links for accomodation lets - will pull them up and send them on later in the week.

Ali
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by johnpod
Hi Jo

My OH John, 2 girls (12 and 14) are aiming for the Gold Coast as well, meds on Wed then all paperwork is done so just the agonising wait to see if we are accepted. If so we aim to go over in Dec this year - in time for the summer hols and the girls starting a new school year in Jan. We also will need short term accomodation and are researching schools etc at the moment - probably aiming for Pacific Pines, Helensvale or Arundel area (job dependant!). We also know no one so would be good to keep in touch. I will let you have any info I get on the area re short term lets. A guy called Soapy on this site is a great source of info as well - he sent me some email links for accomodation lets - will pull them up and send them on later in the week.

Ali
Hi Ali

Thanks for that. I will be looking for a job in hairdressing (can only work 20 hours a week on the visa though).
Old Jun 11th 2007, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Hi all

Thanks very much.

Jo, Paul and Andrew

Hi Guys,

your doing the right thing looking early - from our experience apartments get booked early. We have struggled to accomodate people for a month with little notice! FYI, we still have full availability March 08 onwards

good luck

regards

Mark
Old Jun 12th 2007, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

Thanks very much.

Jo, Paul and Andrew

Hi Jdraper! We've been on the GC for 3 weeks now, my girlfriend is studying hairdressing. We've stayed at doub's place and its a great location to start from, 2 minutes to the beach, buses and restaurants. As fellow midlanders we will be pleased to hook up and show you around when you arrive. Drop me a pm or email and any local info you may need, just ask. We're based on Chevron Island at the mo, near Surfers and Southport. Work seems plentiful, even with the 20 hour restriction, just don't be fussy!!! Hairdressing jobs are everywhere here, but I think pay is low as there are a few colleges supplying stylists needing experience and so willing to accept less $$$. However with a year to sort, you may well line it up before you come!
Good luck... see you on the other side
Old Jun 12th 2007, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

I nearly forgot to mention! We found seqrents.com.au a great place to find accomodation, arranging it before you arrive saves so much hassle!
Good luck
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:21 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambo76
Hi Jdraper! We've been on the GC for 3 weeks now, my girlfriend is studying hairdressing. We've stayed at doub's place and its a great location to start from, 2 minutes to the beach, buses and restaurants. As fellow midlanders we will be pleased to hook up and show you around when you arrive. Drop me a pm or email and any local info you may need, just ask. We're based on Chevron Island at the mo, near Surfers and Southport. Work seems plentiful, even with the 20 hour restriction, just don't be fussy!!! Hairdressing jobs are everywhere here, but I think pay is low as there are a few colleges supplying stylists needing experience and so willing to accept less $$$. However with a year to sort, you may well line it up before you come!
Good luck... see you on the other side
hello there, could you give us a run down on doubs place?
i have seen the website and passed it on to a few others. it would be much better if people like you could tell us more about it.
its hard for them to sell it on here as its their place, if you know what i mean.
a lot of people on here could do with this kind of info
oh and i hope your going to the meet?
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:27 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

:
i was going to send you a PM about doubs place, but it looks as if someone beat me to it
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:30 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Thanks very much.

Jo, Paul and Andrew

pelican resort biggera waters

book for 28 days or more and its almost half price
back in a tick going to look for contact details
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:34 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
pelican resort biggera waters

book for 28 days or more and its almost half price
back in a tick going to look for contact details

http://www.pelican-cove-resort.com/

dont book via web call the managers jenny and murry direct and tell them steve sent you
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnpod
Hi Jo

Ali
In your case I would get somewhere sorted as soon as possible. Loads of folk from the south come up for the whole christmas break and places get booked up fast. We arrived in November and although had a short term holiday rental on arrival, we really struggled to find anything to move on to including long term rentals - it was all booked solid. We were told that the "well to do" folk from Sydney for example would happily book a six month let just to be here for the two month school holidays.

You may well have no problem, just wanted you to be aware.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Have a look at this place as well, has won many tourist awards and is in Ashmore

http://www.ashmorepalms.com.au/history.php
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your help with accommodation - we are just looking through at the moment. There are loads of lovely ones.

Soapy, we would love to come to a meet next July if you have one!!!
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:57 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your help with accommodation - we are just looking through at the moment. There are loads of lovely ones.

Soapy, we would love to come to a meet next July if you have one!!!
have a look in the meets section

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.