Gold Coast

Old Apr 20th 2006, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gold Coast

We are heading to the Gold Coast.

Any tips/advise like good restaurants, Hotels, family day outs, hire car places, suburbs any think you can think off really.

So when we get there i know the bad from the good. If there is any bad.

Stacey xx
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan

Any tips/advise like good restaurants, Hotels, family day outs, hire car places, suburbs any think you can think off really.

Stacey xx
Just to make your job really hard - can't actually think of any bad versions of the above A good car hire company is East Coast Rentals either on Elkhorn Ave in Surfers or down opposite GC airport at Tugun although they may give the address as Coolangatta.

Family days out: the theme parks, Tambourine Mountain, loads of stuff in Surfers - Infinity is brilliant but may not work for little ones - probably 6 onwards. Duck tours, Ripley's Believe it or not - the list to be honest is endless. A trip up QI should not be missed.

Could go on and on but need to go to bed soon

Suburbs - only you can decide. I love the bottom end, stacks of folk love the top. Some others love the middle - good job we are all different
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Stacey xx

Restaurants there are so many but here are a selection of the best on the coast)

Saffron Indian (Broad beach)
Mano's (Main Beach)
Fireplace (Sanctuary Cove)
Sopranos (Broad beach)
Sage (Broad beach)
Fellini (Broad beach)
Chiangmai Thai (Broad beach)
Georges Paragon (Sanctuary Cove)
Andiamo (Conrad Jupiter's)
Vue (Main Beach)
Zen (Conrad Jupiter's)
Songbirds (Mount Tamborine)
Omero's Bros (Marina Mirage)
Marinara's (Sanctuary Cove)
Raffinos (Runaway Bay)
Opium (Broad beach)

Hotels. (Again there are so many but these are some of the best ones)

Marriott - Surfers
Versace -The Spit
Hyatt -Sanctuary Cove
Sheraton Mirage - The Spit

I will let others fill in the rest and add there favorites as I forgot when I started this reply just how big a question you have asked and I would be on here all night boring the pants off everyone so it is best for you to get a measured view from all of us on the Coast. Anyhow, this is what people pay for to get this advise so only gave you a snippet. It felt like I was working. Enjoy discovering it all, you will have fun

Last edited by Gold Coaster; Apr 20th 2006 at 12:51 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:15 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Stacey xx

We were there last year with our 2 children, 7 and 10 at the time, and went to warner bros world, we all loved it, also sea world.
Lots of restaurants Tedder Avenue..... would only by co-incindence lol is near where we will be starting our new life !!!
Have a great time
Jane xx
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all information given very much appreciated.

Stacey xx
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

Stacey xx
Hi again Stacey!!

We stayed 5 nights at the Burleigh Surf hotel see www.burleighsurf.com.au when we first came.....great hotel with excellent views of my favourite beach...Burleigh beach right up to Surfers, try and get a high up floor if you are interested. Rooms are more like luxury apartments, 2 bedrooms, 2 bath etc.

For the cheapest and best value car hire go to Hire Me Wheels at the BP Garage, Brisbane Road,Biggerra Waters, tel 07 5537 8869 (available 24 hours)they don't have the most modern cars but they are they are OK and the best value we found.
Otherwise Hertz are usually the cheapest for newer cars so check them out on the web.

Loads of things to do and see here!
Admire the view across the Broadwater near the Versace hotel and the Marina Mirage
The theme parks are great for kids of all ages
A trip up Q1 has amazing views and theres a short film on the development of the Gold Coast
Take the kids to Currumbin wildlife park where you can hold Aussie animals
Drive up to the Hinze Dam and look down at Surfers from places like Tallai and other parts of the hinterland
Currumbin Sands/Palm Beach is a nice inlet with lovely sand ideal for younger kids
Lots of cheap food in the main shopping centres like Robina, Pacific Fair and Australia Fair... the views of the Broadwater from Australia Fair food court are really good.
Carrara Markets is worth a visit on a Saturday and Sunday if you want cheap shoes, t shirts etc

Can't say we've encountered any bad areas. Some parts of Southport and Labrador are a bit old and wouldn't be where I would choose to live,and some people think you should be wary of Palm Beach as there was some trouble a while ago, howevr Hedges Avenue the most expensive street on the GC is also in Palm Beach so you have to see for yourself.
Keep on dreaming. Wont be too long till you'll be here!!
Sherie
XX
Old Apr 21st 2006, 5:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

GoldCoaster is so obviously in the North

Would agree the food court at Aus Fair has a great view but the shopping centre is not one of the best imo.

Southport and Labrador are slightly older but are definitely on the way up and you are more likely to get more for your money and wait for the improvements. They are not bad areas, just not as fab as others because of the renovations. Diddy and Nic love it there.

Hedges Avenue - you've got to laugh - it is the most expensive real estate on the coast. Each house costs $3 million plus because they are absolute beachfront. Unfortunately they are so packed in like sardines, you would be able to shake hands with your neighbours whilst in your own houses. - Fun to look at though

There is a great indian on Burmuda Street - India Hut. The Rusty Pelican in Coolangatta is fab. Most of the RSL's and SLSC's serve great food and really cheaply. You have to join once you have a GC address but they are only a couple of dollars a year to join so no hardship.

Stacks more info - will put it when I sort it out in my mind
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
GoldCoaster is so obviously in the North

Would agree the food court at Aus Fair has a great view but the shopping centre is not one of the best imo.

Southport and Labrador are slightly older but are definitely on the way up and you are more likely to get more for your money and wait for the improvements. They are not bad areas, just not as fab as others because of the renovations. Diddy and Nic love it there.

Hedges Avenue - you've got to laugh - it is the most expensive real estate on the coast. Each house costs $3 million plus because they are absolute beachfront. Unfortunately they are so packed in like sardines, you would be able to shake hands with your neighbours whilst in your own houses. - Fun to look at though

There is a great indian on Burmuda Street - India Hut. The Rusty Pelican in Coolangatta is fab. Most of the RSL's and SLSC's serve great food and really cheaply. You have to join once you have a GC address but they are only a couple of dollars a year to join so no hardship.
Stacks more info - will put it when I sort it out in my mind

You are correct I am in the North but nearly all my suggestions of restaurants were in the middle of the Goldie and they take me 25 mins to drive there. I think they are closer to you than me.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
You are correct I am in the North but nearly all my suggestions of restaurants were in the middle of the Goldie and they take me 25 mins to drive there. I think they are closer to you than me.
Takes us about 30 mins to get up to Broadbeach but whatever We are trying to explore this end, don't go "oop north" very often
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Go to one of the surf clubs and sit out side with a nice cold stubbie and smile .
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:09 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Takes us about 30 mins to get up to Broadbeach but whatever We are trying to explore this end, don't go "oop north" very often
Nowt wrong with 'oop north' ...

Well, apart from the Cane toads! ...
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

You should visit the delights of the North Goldie sometime . Come and have an evening meal at the Fireplace restaurant at Sanctuary Cove. They cook everything on an open fire and some of the steaks they cook are to die for.
Or come up to The Boardwalk Tavern at Hope Island which is the biggest tavern on the Goldie and is brand new and classy. Come on every other Saturday evening and they have a samba evening. Sounds crap I know but the place rocks with live samba music and has anything up to about 1000 people there. It really does feel like a carnival evening. or is it me just getting old. You could even try going to probably the best Thai restaurant on the Goldie before the Boardwalk which is right opposite and is called The Old Siam.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

You should visit the delights of the North Goldie sometime . Come and have an evening meal at the Fireplace restaurant at Sanctuary Cove. They cook everything on an open fire and some of the steaks they cook are to die for.
Or come up to The Boardwalk Tavern at Hope Island which is the biggest tavern on the Goldie and is brand new and classy. Come on every other Saturday evening and they have a samba evening. Sounds crap I know but the place rocks with live samba music and has anything up to about 1000 people there. It really does feel like a carnival evening. or is it me just getting old. You could even try going to probably the best Thai restaurant on the Goldie before the Boardwalk which is right opposite and is called The Old Siam.
Noted. Thank GC
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

1000 people , all out in australia at the same time, really........................

naahhh dont believe it, is it NYE
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:17 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Nowt wrong with 'oop north' ...

Well, apart from the Cane toads! ...
and me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.