Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going out before Visa Granted

Going out before Visa Granted

Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going out before Visa Granted

My friends are in the process of awaiting their visa (fingers crossed) but they have decided just to go for it and go out to Oz until visa is actually granted. They spoke to an agent who reckons that it wont affect their main application and they just wanted to know if anyone else knows anyone whos actually done this. They won be able to get a working visa as they had this before, but are allowed a 12 month tourist visa...anyone got any suggestions on this bad/good idea thing.

I personally wouldnt do it as I have 3 kids 2 at school age and would be concerned that at the end of the day if we didnt get our visa we would have to come all the way back and start again
Their little son is only 4 thought, so no probs there
Thanks

Merry Christmas to you all and best of luck to everyone for next year - visas to all (fingers crossed)

By the way, our visa is in and now we waiting!

Kath
Old Dec 16th 2003, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

evila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going out before Visa Granted

Not an agent so can not comment on the details, but have heard that an offshore visa won´t be granted if you are in Australia at the the time of grant.

Probably it would be better for you to check the immigration forum or consult an agent.

Good luck anyway...

Originally posted by Graham & Kath
My friends are in the process of awaiting their visa (fingers crossed) but they have decided just to go for it and go out to Oz until visa is actually granted. They spoke to an agent who reckons that it wont affect their main application and they just wanted to know if anyone else knows anyone whos actually done this. They won be able to get a working visa as they had this before, but are allowed a 12 month tourist visa...anyone got any suggestions on this bad/good idea thing.

I personally wouldnt do it as I have 3 kids 2 at school age and would be concerned that at the end of the day if we didnt get our visa we would have to come all the way back and start again
Thanks

Merry Christmas to you all and best of luck to everyone for next year - visas to all (fingers crossed)

Kath
Old Dec 16th 2003, 7:57 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Thanks

I can only imaprt our experience to you...we did the same thing in NZ and the wife had a job offer...however, circumastances meant she lost the job offer when immigration laws cahnged and we have had nothing but bad luck since we came out on Tourist visas....we now have to return to the UK and the whole thing has cost us £15K and very nearly cost us our relationship morew than once...it will certainly be even more expensive for your friends if it goes wrong. I'd suggest a holiday maybe, but certainly, I'd avoid shipping everything lock stock and barrel as we did, as it's already on it's way back before we've even received it....Patience is a virtue and nothing is gained from jumping the gun.

Rich.

Kath
Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:02 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Thanks

Kath

I can only impart our experience....we did the same thing in NZ as the wife had a job offer. However we came over and shipped everything with us at a huge cost. The immigration law changed very soon after our arrival, and as a result the job offer was withdrawn literally as we were putting a PR application in. A number of other occurrences have made us decide that we are better off returning to the UK as we just keep running up against problems. The whole thing has cost £15K and put our relationship under a massive strain. If I were your friends I'd hold off as it's going to be very costly if it doesn't come off...there's nothing to lose by being patient...I wish we'd been a bit more careful and ome out to ensure that everything was going to come off before shipping furniture and pets etc as it all has to go back now. If we could only go back 3 months.......

Rich.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Thats bad luck, but i've also been told that this won't effect the paperwork by an agent, and that alot of people do it

My mum's comming to Australia with me when i emigrate and applying from there with an Australian agent for $3k it would be £3k with agent i went with in uk

good luck!