Reload this Page >

Going to Melbourne!

Going to Melbourne!

Old Apr 4th 2012, 4:38 pm
Banned

emily23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Going to Melbourne!

Hi Everybody,

I am going to Oz as a nurse soon, heading to Melbourne, does anyone have any top tips about surviving in an Aussie hospital?
Old Apr 4th 2012, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all
Default Re: Going to Melbourne!

Good luck, when will you be there?
Old Apr 4th 2012, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire but aiming for distant shores....
Reaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to behold

Hey Emily,

Congratulations. Best of luck. Don't have any answers for you, but I do have some questions if I can pm you...?
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:22 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Going to Melbourne!

Originally Posted by emily23
Hi Everybody,

I am going to Oz as a nurse soon, heading to Melbourne, does anyone have any top tips about surviving in an Aussie hospital?
What branch of nursing are you in?

BB
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:07 am
Banned

Hi guys! I am a theatre nurse, heading out in September soooooooooo excited!!!! Fingers crossed the weather will good. Is it sad that I am looking forward to going to the Neighbours set?!

Reaver :Of course you can pm me!
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Hi guys! I am a theatre nurse, heading out in September soooooooooo excited!!!! Fingers crossed the weather will good. Is it sad that I am looking forward to going to the Neighbours set?!

Reaver :Of course you can pm me!
I keep being asked if I am going to find it!!
Old Apr 5th 2012, 10:48 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a theater nurse in Melbourne and you'll be fine, lots of hosps and lots of work , although public hosps are tightneing their belts a bit and jobs are becoming , slightly! harder to come by.

I would recommend you start off in a public as its more like the nhs and what your used to, also their is clinical support available if you need it ( I had worked in theater for 20 years and still needed clinical support as it was just tough starting a new job in a different country).

Am sure you will enjoy it, their are lots of opportunities to take your career in different directions if you choose .
Old Apr 5th 2012, 11:13 am
Banned

AH Thanks Margaret! So glad to hear that someone else is enjoying it. Clinical support sounds like a plus too, if you have had 20years experience and needed support I def will! Good to know I have options in the future too. Gosh I literally can't wait
Old Apr 7th 2012, 1:30 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

AH Thanks Margaret! So glad to hear that someone else is enjoying it. Clinical support sounds like a plus too, if you have had 20years experience and needed support I def will! Good to know I have options in the future too. Gosh I literally can't wait
Perhaps you wont need support emily, i think i did coz i was old and finding the whole change (work and life), difficult to cope with
goodluck
Old Apr 7th 2012, 3:25 am
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

I worked in paediatrics so can't speak for theatres, but I worked in a public hospital and found the environment pretty supportive. I was just on the bank because I didn't want too many hours, but there was quite a bit of training on offer, and as many hours as I wanted. Good luck with your move!
Old Apr 7th 2012, 10:24 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy3
I keep being asked if I am going to find it!!
Here it is!

http://g.co/maps/ctswn
Old Apr 8th 2012, 7:25 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everybody,

Don't say'back in England we do it this way' and you'll be just fine.Good luck